Aged Care Royal Commission and its negative effect on the industry

Remove this Banner Ad

My question is what to RN's bring that will instantly make things better?

They won't do PCA tasks for that money while carrying a HECS debt, nurses of the 1950's are different kettle of fish to modern nurses.

I just helped my Mrs get out of the system thanks to family contacts after 10 yrs, now earns as much for 3 daylight of work as a medical receptionist than she did pulling 4 night shifts a week in a nursing home.

Her old center has lost over 75% of their experienced staff in the last year.

Unless you work in the system or really know someone that does you seriously have NFI, especially when it comes to guidelines around restraint especially when dealing with dementia patients, Mrs Slabs would come home basically looking like a battered wife some days with the physical abuse she copped.

One thing to remember many nursing homes don't just have sweet old grandma there they also have lots of 40+ that require 24/7 care, that also brings other challenges .... and yup put your mind in the gutter there.

Conditions in aged care have deteriorated faster in the time of the current government than in any term of any previous government

It unfortunately is correct. Extra staffing is put on and staff members are coached on what to say to auditors
Thats the commission.

Not the actual ANAcc assessors, who independently come in and assess.Based on that day.
Thats how they are funded, very very hard to fool independent clinicians, who see through made up crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats the commission.

Not the actual ANAcc assessors, who independently come in and assess.Based on that day.
Thats how they are funded, very very hard to fool independent clinicians, who see through made up crap.
The ones who look at the paperwork, then leave?

The reality that we face is that however well intentioned the current government is, they have directly made aged care worse

um, the ones who look at all the database, speak to the resident and family if they r there and also speak to the PCW.

families dont lie.

You would have to be naive to believe that they actually care what the families tell them. I've had families visibly upset that they have been completely ignored by external auditors.

Conditions continue to deterioate. Meagre payrise has done nothing.

The bashing death of a resident by a dementia patient should be enough to turn against the anti restraint brigade who in reality should be culpable

here’s me thinking albo was serious about fixing the scandalous uncaring incompetence of scummo and his fellow couldn’t-give-a-stuff merchants. it was howard who privatised aged care and turned it into a greedy operation. fix it albo or sack those in charge of aged care provision and put someone in who'll do the job.

here’s me thinking albo was serious about fixing the scandalous uncaring incompetence of scummo and his fellow couldn’t-give-a-stuff merchants. it was howard who privatised aged care and turned it into a greedy operation. fix it albo or sack those in charge of aged care provision and put someone in who'll do the job.

SIRS is a joke

With nursing homes closing wards, or closing down altogether due to lack of staff, we find ourselves in a crisis of our own doing.

The current push is to keep dementia patients at home in the community. To do this safely, they are being drugged to keep themselves and their families safe from violent episodes.

This is part of the reason why workers have walked away from aged care. We actually get blamed by families and management when a patient has a violent psychotic episode.

With nursing homes closing wards, or closing down altogether due to lack of staff, we find ourselves in a crisis of our own doing.

The current push is to keep dementia patients at home in the community. To do this safely, they are being drugged to keep themselves and their families safe from violent episodes.

This is part of the reason why workers have walked away from aged care. We actually get blamed by families and management when a patient has a violent psychotic episode.
Closing wards?

They have the psychotropic register for behavoural issues.
One has options, choices.

There should be no violence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back