Akermanis to retire

Remove this Banner Ad

well a 'source' said he lost the trust of the group.

how concrete, i believe everything 'source' says.

the only hope they had of going anywhere this year.

the rest of the so called stars in that team are either soft (Gia) or they choke (anyone else you'd care to name except Hall), or reliant on decent delivery (Hall)

Aker was the one player they had that could break a big game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the only hope they had of going anywhere this year.

the rest of the so called stars in that team are either soft (Gia) or they choke (anyone else you'd care to name except Hall), or reliant on decent delivery (Hall)

Aker was the one player they had that could break a big game.

apart from the 5 goal haul in a belting against Collingwood, aker did not perform well in the other GF's.

apart from the 5 goal haul in a belting against Collingwood, aker did not perform well in the other GF's.

Like 2002 where he was injured for 116 of the 120 minutes and still kicked the winning goal?

Or 2001 where he was still more than handy in the biggest week of his life?

Or 2004 where until half-time he was one of our better players?

Face it, he has more big-time experience than anyone in your club, and has done the deed on the big stage many times.

Don't think that's the right decision. Breaches of trust. I guess their referring to Aker telling Steve Price about the outdoor probe... Don't think that's fair. Wasn't Aker's intention to let that go to public.

Farewell Akermanis :( you will be missed no one but Dogs and Lions supporters know how special of a player you were, All the best for the future. :thumbsu:

Don't think that's the right decision. Breaches of trust. I guess their referring to Aker telling Steve Price about the outdoor probe... Don't think that's fair. Wasn't Aker's intention to let that go to public.

Yeah, poor old Aker. That nasty Steve Price and loose mouthed Sam Newman betrayed him........funny how this always happens to Aker isn't it?

Anyways, can't be sure if I agree or disagree. I'm sure both sides (plus all of the reliably informed "sources") will flood the media with BS over the coming weeks and we'll have to wade through it all to get somewhere close to the truth.

Like 2002 where he was injured for 116 of the 120 minutes and still kicked the winning goal?

Or 2001 where he was still more than handy in the biggest week of his life?

Or 2004 where until half-time he was one of our better players?

Face it, he has more big-time experience than anyone in your club, and has done the deed on the big stage many times.
Well you're welcome to have him back now, perhaps his 'big time experience' might help sort out your ramshackle of a club

Theres more to it then has been revealed by the club or Aker himself

Well you're welcome to have him back now, perhaps his 'big time experience' might help sort out your ramshackle of a club

When did this become about the Lions? Already side-tracked?

Yeah, we are in the doldrums at the moment, fact. Akermanis is a big time player, fact. The Dogs need big time players because most of their list is scared of the ultimate success, fact.

If we are going to go off point then I should point out he was never going to fit it in at your club because he isn't a choker like Johnson et al.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back