Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarkson II - signs 5 year contract w/ North Melbourne 19 August 2022 - news breaks p360

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he stands out where does he go next year.
We know two things:
His preference is a Big Club
He wants to stay in Victoria

That leaves Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton, and Richmond. Its no guarantee that Richmond will ease Hardwick out. The other 3 all have sucessfull teams and stability.
Cant see him taking on the Bulldogs or Saints if they dump their respective coaches.

I'm probably the only one, but I don't see his position as untenable. He should be disgusted with that club of course, but with enough wins next year assuming he survives, he'll be fine.

Some of those board members should get the arse first, and as for the player ignoring him, I just put that down to a heated moment, pissed with something that happened on field and made a bad mistake not looking at his coach. If it was multiple players I'd be more concerned.
Its really the media that had done that and possibly a board member in a rumoured split meeting. It all started with Neil Cokksucka Mitchell.

Watching all of the interviews, the one in Adelaide on 10 was the most candid. The others were cut and paste answers for the most part.

He ditched his bag for one of the interviews, but in another he was still carrying his UNDERARMOUR bag.

Hawthorne are sponsored by Adidas.

Sponsorship means free stuff galore.

Would he have gone out and bought an Underarmour bag?

Or is it possible he took a bag full of proposal stuff with him to fill his time on the plane trip? From a club sponsored by Under Armour????

View attachment 1481731
Wait forgive me for my ignorance
Is underarmour a * sponsor or our sponsor?

If he stands out where does he go next year.
We know two things:
His preference is a Big Club
He wants to stay in Victoria

That leaves Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton, and Richmond. Its no guarantee that Richmond will ease Hardwick out. The other 3 all have sucessfull teams and stability.
Cant see him taking on the Bulldogs or Saints if they dump their respective coaches.
Imagine Clarko came out and said he doesn’t rate * as big club anymore..

You guys are cracking me up. The walls are falling down and the empire is crumbling but all you can see are sunny skies and rainbows.

1) he could’ve and hasn’t dismissed the notion of making a decision re:essendon by noting that Rutten still has a year to run on his contract like he did with Hinkley

2) he dismissed the board instability there which has been a disgrace and responsible for the despicable treatment of Rutten

3) still relying on KIA34 for solace when the original story (which I believe to a degree) has already been dispelled and now Clarkson is clearly seriously entertaining the idea of signing for Essendon

4) based on the above if you’re still confident then nothing up until the point of him signing for essendon will dispel your confidence
That my friend is complete rubbish.

So that’s two posters who said we should have champagne on ice who’ve now said it’s North or more time out. That’s disconcerting.

I guess you could look at a week like this and wonder why you’d put yourself (your husband, your dad) up for a senior coaching job, even if before you were keen.

Still crossing my fingers and trying to focus on Sonja’s cheery confidence.
Nope I just made an assumption / my mail is still it’s done.

Jesus Christ mate, sky falling much
Sky falling?

Not as invested as others here, if he doesn’t pick North then so be it. Move on and get the appointment right. Great if he does and especially because of the medias disdain for our club.

Just trying to promote a semblance of realism amongst the delirious masses here.

The one thing I can’t get past, is Hood basically having ‘Clarko will be our coach’ emblazoned across her forehead last night.

She’s either been given iron clad assurances, or she’s got the same condition the Joker has and smiles/laughs at the most inopportune time.

Maybe Sonja's appearance on Footy Classified will turn out as well for Caro as it did for Murray Franklin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not eggs or cured meats?
They are up there, too, but the rice is often present even when they are those blamed. Unless you take a sample of the dish, or a stool sample, it is difficult to pin down the culprit.
As so many people are unaware that rice commonly causes food poisoning, they blame the fish, meat, eggs and so on.

I'm going to put my final guess in and say we will come bees dick close to landing him but miss out.
And he will coach the Dons.

I'll put my hand up if i'm wrong, here's hoping i am.

My guess of the timeline

News will filter out tomorrow afternoon that he's met with North but decided to decline our offer to coach.
Rutten will coach his final game against the Tigers and be sacked Sunday.
Monday or Tuesday it will be announced he is joining the Dons.
We will move on to whatever plan B is next week

Depressing but it's my gut feel.
Also Clarko not coaching at all is a possibility as well.

Clarko wore 23 for the majority of his career, and will coach his first North game, in 23.

He also started his career, in 57.

Will we find out, at 23:57?

imgbin-internet-troll-trollface-rage-comic-internet-meme-face-pack-meme-face-illustration-7K1hC1U1wH7qb1qHmBS8dSrY7.jpg

Watching all of the interviews, the one in Adelaide on 10 was the most candid. The others were cut and paste answers for the most part.

He ditched his bag for one of the interviews, but in another he was still carrying his UNDERARMOUR bag.

Hawthorne are sponsored by Adidas.

Sponsorship means free stuff galore.

Would he have gone out and bought an Underarmour bag?

Or is it possible he took a bag full of proposal stuff with him to fill his time on the plane trip? From a club sponsored by Under Armour????

View attachment 1481731
GS Warriors have big connection with Under Armour. AC has spent 6 months with them.

Essendon expects Ben Rutten to coach the Bombers on Saturday night — barring a late change of heart — as Alastair Clarkson grapples with the choice between the Dons and Kangaroos.

Ben Rutten will coach Essendon in Saturday night’s clash against Richmond despite the club’s brazen attempt to secure Alastair Clarkson as his replacement.
Clarkson will make a call on his new club by the end of the weekend after meeting with Bombers’ powerbrokers this week, following a full month of talks with the Kangaroos about their vacancy.

The Bombers are prepared to ruthlessly cast aside Rutten for Clarkson, but will give their current senior coach one more opportunity to lead the team into battle against the Tigers at the MCG.

Essendon has been smashed this week for its disrespectful handling of Rutten, who has one year remaining on his contract and faces a payout of up to $600,000 if he is sacked for Clarkson.

While Rutten’s situation is largely seen as untenable, there remains the prospect Essendon could ask him to continue to coach the club next year if it fails to land Clarkson over the next 48 hours.

The Bombers expect him to coach on Saturday night baring a last-minute change of heart from Rutten.

Clarkson said he wanted to make the call quickly to limit the stress for the other people involved, in particular Rutten.

“It’s quite embarrassing to be fair to be quite the central figure in all this,” Clarkson told Channel 10.

“You know, I’ve got enormous respect for the three guys involved in their clubs, you know ‘Spike’ (Mark) McVeigh, ‘Truck’ Rutten and ‘Patch’ (Leigh) Adams are all terrific people and they’re trying to do the right things by their clubs.

“In particular with the situation around Truck, you know he’s still got a year of his contract to run and it’s quite embarrassing being the centre of attention in a situation. It’s just so difficult for both him and his club.

“I’d prefer to be able to get off the back page and I know full well that this circus will end once I can make a decision one way or another.

“So the sooner I can do that the better.”

Essendon is expected to match North Melbourne’s five-year offer. Clarkson will be paid in the vicinity of $1.1 million at his new club in his first season.

Rutten is expected to front the press on Friday about the extraordinary events this week including a frank meeting with new club chairman David Barham at his home in Mount Macedon on Wednesday.

The Kangaroos are yet to strongly consider Plan B options if they miss Clarkson, but Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley on Thursday ruled himself out of the mix, saying he would stay at the Power in 2023.

I'm going to put my final guess in and say we will come bees dick close to landing him but miss out.
And he will coach the Dons.

I'll put my hand up if i'm wrong, here's hoping i am.

My guess of the timeline

News will filter out that he's met with North but decided to decline our offer to coach.
Rutten will coach his final game against the Tigers and be sacked Sunday.
Monday or Tuesday it will be announced he is joining the Dons.
We will move on to whatever plan B is next week

Depressing but it's my gut feel.
Also Clarko not coaching at all is a possibility as well.

Hahaha is it really a final guess if you have made it 20 times, relax King!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back