Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

]
This. As k4e said, it's what happens when you give bay posters the mod role and then they move up. It's why porkett and co. can troll with zero consequences on the main board.

Out of interest, which Bay posters made the jump.

]

Out of interest, which Bay posters made the jump.
Some have jumped off like Starburns_ and Impunity (Son of Reep, though I could be wrong on the name change), while others have made the jump. Not all, but at the top of my head:

Wosh/Woshette (Main Board)
Mofra (WB/Trade Boards for a while now, but ventures pretty much everywhere)
Dinsdale (Bay 13)
Zackah (Bay 13)
Jeremias (Trade/Carlton Boards for a while as well)

Other Mods on here besides ours are mostly Dropkicks and Dickheads.

And anywhere else on here besides our board is as full as my undies of know it all flogs that know * all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would pale into insignificance compared to the meltdown that would eventuate on here if he isn’t cleared!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I highly doubt that would happen though.

He has the runs on the board.

That’s what it comes down to.

He also, to my eye, just looks a leader on the track and a decent person.

I worked with a swim coach who couldn't swim - but he might be the best man I've ever met and he was a good teacher. Most would agree he's the best suburban swim coach in Victoria.

Hawthorn racism report: Author Phil Egan unlikely to be part of AFL’s independent investigation​

The author of the sensational Hawthorn report into past racism is unlikely to be part of AFL’s independent investigation.

Jon Ralph

January 31, 2023 - 7:45PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

The author of the sensational Hawthorn report into past racism at the club is unlikely to appear as part of the AFL’s independent investigation due to a non-disclosure agreement with the Hawks.

Former AFL footballer Phil Egan signed a non-disclosure agreement with Hawthorn as part of his authorship of the report, which saw him interviewing First Nations families who revealed a series of sensational allegations against Hawthorn staffers.

His adviser Peter Jess said on Tuesday Egan believes he has been silenced given the potential legal issues if he appears.

Hawthorn has made clear he cannot pass on any of the information from within those interviews given the families signed non-disclosure agreements as part of what was initially a welfare check into Indigenous families.

They have told Egan they are happy for him to appear at the inquiry to answer questions about the report’s formation and process of interviewing players and families.

Given the strict parameters of his potential appearance and potential for legal action he is unlikely to appear.

The AFL had hoped the investigation led by Bernard Quinn KC might be wrapped up by Christmas but it now seems likely to drag on well into the year.
Hawthorn’s legal advice is that it can not allow Egan to disclose information from interviews which were given with strict privacy accompanied by non-disclosure agreements.

Most of the families who made allegations are being interviewed by the independent panel, so their allegations will be passed on.
But the partner of one of the Hawthorn players at the heart of the allegations, Amy*, said in November she would not speak to the AFL about the investigation.

It was Amy* (not her real name) who alleges people at Hawthorn urged her partner to leave her and tell her to have an abortion.
Egan’s lawyers had asked the AFL to indemnify him against any potential charges —protecting him from any legal liability — but the league has declined.
Given the vast potential for legal action from both sides of the issue the league was never likely to be in a position to indemnify Egan.

But given some of the First Nations families involved have refused to speak to the investigators Egan’s testimony would have been critical.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan has agreed to remain at the helm of the AFL until April to land the results of the inquiry but it is not clear when it will be completed.

McLachlan said on Tuesday he hoped it might be returned in the next month, saying “I think obviously time is important and hopefully we get something back in February” but that seems an optimistic prediction.

Gillon McLachlan hopes it will be returned in the next month. Picture: Martin Keep/AFL Photos/AFL Photos via Getty Images

Egan’s adviser Peter Jess told the Herald Sun on Tuesday it seemed unlikely Egan would be part of the league’s independent inquiry.

“As it stands Phil and his company Binmada have signed a non-disclosure agreement with Hawthorn not to talk about or discuss in any way, shape or form the contents of the report.

“It is still in place and for him to talk to the AFL he must be released from that. He has also asked if the AFL would indemnify him from any costs that flow from him talking about his report and the AFL have refused,” he said.

“It is clear the report will be fatally flawed without him. It requires the person who is the producer to be part of the report to be part of this. Not to do so makes it incomplete.”

Amy said the AFL lacked independence and in a statement said “the AFL does not have the appropriate appetite, expertise or strategy to effectively address the matters raised in the Hawthorn Cultural Safety Review”.

But a group of families who made allegations have committed to speaking to investigators after the league committed to further cultural reviews of AFL practices.

Interesting.....

"Egan’s lawyers had asked the AFL to indemnify him against any potential charges —protecting him from any legal liability — but the league has declined.
Given the vast potential for legal action from both sides of the issue the league was never likely to be in a position to indemnify Egan".

Or Clarkson, Fagan and Burt?

Wouldn’t have thought so.

My read is that it’s the nda signed before the hawthorn investigation started. That has nothing to do with the accused. So I think he’s either

1: scared of being sued by hawthorn which seems strange

Or

2: scared of being sued by interviewees because everything was supposed to be confidential

Remove this Banner Ad

Back