Injury Alex Fasolo for surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantastic.
Our two best forwards won't be on deck until Feb/March at the earliest.

Our best key forward is being primed to play CHB.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Just hope we keep teams under 50 Points

Lol we will score more than 50.

Not much More with Statically our Best Forwards missing Games and won't be 100% Fit with Missing Pre-Season.

Hope couple of:

• WHE
  • Stephenson
  • Murphy
  • Crocker
  • Kirby
  • Brown
  • Daicos
Has a Big Start to Season

Fantastic.
Our two best forwards won't be on deck until Feb/March at the earliest.

Our best key forward is being primed to play CHB.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Don't be to worried mate, I'd be very surprised if Jimmy ain't ready to go for RND 1 and Fas can be replaced a lot easier.

Don't be to worried mate, I'd be very surprised if Jimmy ain't ready to go for RND 1 and Fas can be replaced a lot easier.
Not sure I’d be surprised if Elliott misses rd 1, but happy to back him in at this point. Agree re: Fas, in some ways missing him could be a blessing in disguise with added opportunity to one of Stephenson/Daicos/Kirby.

Not much More with Statically our Best Forwards missing Games and won't be 100% Fit with Missing Pre-Season.

Hope couple of:

• WHE
  • Stephenson
  • Murphy
  • Crocker
  • Kirby
  • Brown
  • Daicos
Has a Big Start to Season

Apt typo, as I reckon one of the biggest issue with our forward lines has been that its too static.

Where did Walsh say it by the way?

SEN this morning I assume. On face value without the exact quotes I’d view Elliott’s chances for round 1 as zero and Fas’ at 50-50.

Three months off from the initial surgery with an ankle has him optimistically up and going within the first month of the season (assuming a 4 week build into the season), but 8 weeks for Fas with a shoulder has him able to maintain fitness to a degree so won’t require the same build into the season.

Didn't the club say Elliott would be back in full training before the end of Jan?

Was it loki04 who made a bet? Phew I think he may've saved himself, close call though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Faz shoulder and Elliott's ankle have been problematic for ages. What is the problem that in Nov Dec they are having surgery to hopefully get rid of those problems. Ok maybe could argue why not sooner. Who knows the real answer there, I don't

For me if its solves the issues and they then have long careers I for one can wait and see how they are travelling come Feb or March.

Sure it's not ideal but I am just as sure I ain't gonna hit the bottle over it.

Faz shoulder and Elliott's ankle have been problematic for ages. What is the problem that in Nov Dec they are having surgery to hopefully get rid of those problems. Ok maybe could argue why not sooner. Who knows the real answer there, I don't

For me if its solves the issues and they then have long careers I for one can wait and see how they are travelling come Feb or March.

Sure it's not ideal but I am just as sure I ain't gonna hit the bottle over it.
It's death by a thousand cuts. If this was a rare occurrence I could live with it but we have endured long term injuries to key players during the preseason/home and away season every year since Bucks has taken over. Reid, Beams, Daisy Thomas, Varcoe, Fasolo, Elliott, Langdon, Scharenberg, Freeman, Brown, Swan.....all missing for months. Richmond haven't had a serious injury or group of players missing for years. It is one of the major reasons teams achieve success-continuity and consistency. We are forever chopping and changing our set up and it clearly has a negative impact.

It's death by a thousand cuts. If this was a rare occurrence I could live with it but we have endured long term injuries to key players during the preseason/home and away season every year since Bucks has taken over. Reid, Beams, Daisy Thomas, Varcoe, Fasolo, Elliott, Langdon, Scharenberg, Freeman, Brown, Swan.....all missing for months. Richmond haven't had a serious injury or group of players missing for years. It is one of the major reasons teams achieve success-continuity and consistency. We are forever chopping and changing our set up and it clearly has a negative impact.
Every day I go to AFL site a team including us has an injury hiccup. Talk to me in say April or May. Not disagreeing just prepared to wait and see

I dont think it's that easy to replace a natural goal kicker like Fasolo.
We need more natural goal kicking forwards of which we don't have unfortunately.

Does anyone feel if Elliot and Fas were trader they would be on the park all the time. I honestly swear we seem to have a horrible run with reoccuring injuries.

Freeman, but yes, it was alluded to that Collingwood nuked his hammy.

I presume that you follow Collingwood more closely than other clubs and have much more invested in them, so maybe you notice the injuries more?

If someone has the stats to demonstrate that we experience the most injuries and reoccurnaces of all clubs I’ll start to ask the questions of our support staff that some posters have. It’d have to be over 4 years or so though to lessen the likelihood of a grouping of randomly occurring injuries. When heavy people move at high speed and change direction, and experience heavy impact with other heavy bodies, there’s a good chance someone’s gonna get hurt. Maybe the players are significantly responsible for avoiding injury, and if injured, reporting it properly to staff. In the latest Grind it sounded like Elliot thought he was ok to play but actually wasn’t.

Robert Harvey intentionally tore his own plantar fasciitis at home so he could play sooner, rogue behaviour...

https://podiapaedia.org/wiki/orthop...of-plantar-fascia-to-treat-plantar-fasciitis/

Last edited:
Freeman, but yes, it was alluded to that Collingwood nuked his hammy.
His greatest weapon is his greatest weakness, he's like a car with too much torque for the gearbox and tyres... his take off speed basically ripped him apart

Last edited:
If someone has the stats to demonstrate that we experience the most injuries and reoccurnaces of all clubs I’ll start to ask the questions of our support staff that some posters have.

2017 seems to be a turning point (top 4 for least injuries) but 2016 and 2015 were abysmal, with 2014, 2013 and 2012 not much better, so disregarding this year pretty much 5 horror years in a row and one of the worst clubs (if not the worst) for injuries over that entire period... it's a safe bet something was amiss in that department

But hopefully we've addressed it and this year was the first sign of that :thumbsu:

THE HURT LADDER

4th least injuries, great result!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...y/news-story/260167253f20b80354b15fc8ee3de301

The Magpies have not only lost more games to injury this year than any other club, but the 'cost' of those injuries has been higher than every club except Fremantle – the other club with claims as the hardest hit.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-14/winners-and-losers-on-the-2016-injury-ladder

The surprise ranking is Collingwood at No.8, with the Pies performing superbly despite having more games missed by best 22 players than any club (24). (They base ladder position on average games experience missing per game but it's heavily weighted towards older teams like Geelong and North and doesn't fully reflect our losses as a relatively young team).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-07/the-injury-ladder

2nd worst for total games missed, 5th worst for players injured.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-27/the-injury-ladder

6th worst for games missed by top 10 players, best and fairest from the previous year Dayne Beams missed 15 games, while Daisy and Didak missed 18 games each

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-21/injuries-take-toll-on-strugglers

Tyson Goldsack says Collingwood's depth has come to the fore during a horror run of injuries for the club

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2012-05-08/injuries-leave-pies-unfazed-

It's not like we didn't have long term injuries pre Buckley era either. 2011 alone Jolly, Dawes, Didak, Brown, McCaffer and Wellingham all missed huge chunks of the year.

Richmond had a blessed run with injuries this year but that doesn't mean that they haven't copped their fair share in years prior. You only have to look at Grimes, Deledio, Astbury and Batchelor's history to show that they aren't immune.

SEN this morning I assume. On face value without the exact quotes I’d view Elliott’s chances for round 1 as zero and Fas’ at 50-50.

Three months off from the initial surgery with an ankle has him optimistically up and going within the first month of the season (assuming a 4 week build into the season), but 8 weeks for Fas with a shoulder has him able to maintain fitness to a degree so won’t require the same build into the season.

Yeah, I found the Walsh interview on SEN. He said it could be a reconstruction and it's 8 or more weeks. So I'm thinking we won't see Fas or Elliot until about a month in to the season. That means our forward line looks something like:

Greenwood, Reid, Hoskin-Elliot
Mayne Cox Broomhead

Not exactly star studded. Others might include Blair, Stephenson, Brown, Daicos, Kirby (if he's fit enough).

In my opinion we should think about sending Howe forward now. We've got a few tallish intercept markers back there now -- Sharenberg, Langdon, etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back