Alex Hawke, member for Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert must be the best fundraiser in history.

Hawke - as popular as a rattlesnake in a lucky dip.
He has been earmarked as a **** since well before becoming an MP IIRC - back to his Young Liberals days.

he was the engineer of the rooting of the NSW preselections. 12 captains picks, zero wins.

only fair he paid the price for opening the door to the teals

We need a "Young Liberal campaigner Watch" thread.
It is so hard to keep up with influx of lying thieving pieces of s**t.

Is there a Father Son rule in the "Young Liars"
both sides, in a defence but not an apologia of tories, they atleast don't do BS virtue signalling , virtue signalling a negative metric

no need to act it if behaviour is proper

Arbib. Now there's a blast from the past. I had a bit to say about that slimy scumbag a decade ago...

before Packer sold out of Crown he(MarkArbib🎭) was the Sydney PR flak for Crown Sydney at (?White City?) on decent pay (but nothing special like 300k in 2015) Geelong_Sicko

so Arbib is prolly still the WhiteCity Crown PR Chief

Arbib. Now there's a blast from the past. I had a bit to say about that slimy scumbag a decade ago...

Speaking of Arbib - I went (as a guest of someone who paid) to one of those $500 a head fundraisers for Labor before the election campaign started. Full of managerial class flogs, and professional people who seem to be there for s**t careerist reasons (I suppose that is what I am!) - someone paid 1K for a tile from Gough's demolished childhood house - I love the fact that they won and all but the whole event made me feel a bit funny.

Give me the meat/fish/Riesling or Cab Sav dinners at the San Remo ballroom where actual working people used to attend. The old women and blokes who have been members of their local branch for forty years. Meat Tray and chook raffles. I might be old fashioned but Labor can't win without these tried and tested foot soldiers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've wrangled young Libs on behalf of a friend of mine and give me the earnest undergrad versus that lot of barely concealed wannabe fascists any day of the week.

In my uni days a century or so ago the "Young ...." groups were mostly harmless pisspots pretending politics mattered.

It was once they started being the primary feeder for pollie staffers that they became rabid in their competition for the limited jobs available.

It was once they started being the primary feeder for pollie staffers that they became rabid in their competition for the limited jobs available.

the Young Libs used to order Campari and Soda's at the Uni Bar and wear dads ill fitting suits - now they are IPA brainwashed jackbooters

Speaking of Arbib - I went (as a guest of someone who paid) to one of those $500 a head fundraisers for Labor before the election campaign started. Full of managerial class flogs, and professional people who seem to be there for s**t careerist reasons (I suppose that is what I am!) - someone paid 1K for a tile from Gough's demolished childhood house - I love the fact that they won and all but the whole event made me feel a bit funny.

Give me the meat/fish/Riesling or Cab Sav dinners at the San Remo ballroom where actual working people used to attend. The old women and blokes who have been members of their local branch for forty years. Meat Tray and chook raffles. I might be old fashioned but Labor can't win without these tried and tested foot soldiers

Save the Curtin Hotel!!!!!!!!

I've wrangled young Libs on behalf of a friend of mine and give me the earnest undergrad versus that lot of barely concealed wannabe fascists any day of the week.
it's all about hierarchy ascent and telling others what they do

back to the mongrel Hawke , kicking out Djokovic , it has come thru AP/Reuters wires courtesy of ElPais the LeytonHewitt doppelganger Alex de Minaur had got a counterfeit card 🤣

Don't blame the tennis players, if Nole was named Roger then the pudenda Hawke would have ushered him in... because the plural is much more mellifluous than the clunky singular

I was on the doorlist for some of the Chinese bands JulianWu brought by 5 years back , one supported Sonic Youth circa '07 cos the principal of their label in Beijing MaybeMars' MichaelPettis is a Professor of Finance at University of Beijing

*JulianWu in the orbit of Triffids in Perth, engineered/produced some of their records and think he played with them on the reformation gigs in mid 2000s after McComb's passing

Contra did you ever bump shoulders with JW back in the day , in late 90s he always would be engineering for touring acts in the summer at Northeast's Corner
Contra Mundum

he was the engineer of the rooting of the NSW preselections. 12 captains picks, zero wins.

only fair he paid the price for opening the door to the teals
Oliver Yates ran against Frydenberg for Kooyong as independent on a very similar platform (2teals dif chromosomes) , Yates v. similar to Allegra Spender in corporate blue-blood background , I spoke to Yates at Pria Viswalingham(exSBS, first host of Dateline circa-35yr ago, attractive SriLankan expat) Yates was the money producer of Pria's doco Decadence at Cinemanova , and David Manne head-and-tailed doco as MC and we decamp to Jimmy Watson's for a red on the Yates' brothers dime

Peter Yates was there too, Combet without the lantern-square jaw , I asked Oliver "have I seen you on Lateline business with Ticky/Emma...?" he was non-committal in denial, but I had indeed seen the brothers in the media , Pria's series ForkInRoad, Aussie 30something expat in New York was Oliver Yates getting train down commuting from Connecticut to WallStreet as chief of Macquarie bank WallStreet operations(we weren't told this , my eidetic'savant memory rangled/untangled it years hence)... the older brother Peter there was on top rung of Macquarie til Kerry Packer got him to PBL circa 2002 , assume he was one of the funders too , as I said , thanks for the red

Allegra Spender CambridgeMckinseyWestminster , mom is Zampatti , two "L's" does not looked right, but single "l" looks 51% zero-sum

I liked the first guernsey's of Charlotte Hornets and Port Adelaide Power , they were teal too

Last edited:

Lets face it Luke H does a lot of good s**t. The Young Worker's and Migrant Worker's Centre do great work organising people who were basically under represented. Compare Trades Hall now from the Brian Boyd days - its full of life. But some of the "This is what a worker looks like" straight out of Genezzano or Xavier is a bit jarring.

Lets face it Luke H does a lot of good s**t. The Young Worker's and Migrant Worker's Centre do great work organising people who were basically under represented. Compare Trades Hall now from the Brian Boyd days - its full of life. But some of the "This is what a worker looks like" straight out of Genezzano or Xavier is a bit jarring.
XavseeShorten×DebBeale×BeaconsfieldgodfatherDicklearjetPrattx

Shorten is to Beaconsfield Mine AWU hi-viz as Turnbull's Republic referendum
ie. (confected coming out party to national stage)

see:Nixon to China* rhyming DJT to Rocketman Kim JI

*KissingerYale set the primrose path in previous years

Last edited:
It is a bit surprising Stewart Robert got such a senior position given he was literally Morrison's right hand man.

Keep your enemies closer maybe.

Hawke and Morrison are free now to do some serious branch stacking :think:
Yeah, I think Morrison and Hawke will cling to NSW LNP power by going back to the religious zealotry well to stack branches in their favour and get Hawke back into power, even if Morrison is no longer leadership material. It's not like he has any other options in life. He's failed at everything.

Yeah, I think Morrison and Hawke will cling to NSW LNP power by going back to the religious zealotry well to stack branches in their favour and get Hawke back into power, even if Morrison is no longer leadership material. It's not like he has any other options in life. He's failed at everything.
any fundamental difference between Dutton &Morrison besides Morrisons evangelicalism , did that interfere with his agenda at Kirribilli?

any fundamental difference between Dutton &Morrison besides Morrisons evangelicalism , did that interfere with his agenda at Kirribilli?
I think Dutton is more ideologically driven by individualism. I think he genuinely thinks the world will be a better place if everyone fought tooth and nail for every advantage they can steal from one another.

Dutton's ideology is individual selfishness.

Morrison's ideology is collective selfishness. His behaviour was pure power-trip.

I think Dutton is more ideologically driven by individualism. I think he genuinely thinks the world will be a better place if everyone fought tooth and nail for every advantage they can steal from one another.

Dutton's ideology is individual selfishness.

Morrison's ideology is collective selfishness. His behaviour was pure power-trip.
gives the Qld cops pre Fitzgerald a good name , never have a potato famine with him leading the tories

Remove this Banner Ad

Back