All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25 – Double Or Nothing at the MGM Grand Arena, Las Vegas
June 2019 – Unspecified show (believed to be in USA)
July 2019 – Unnamed show in Jacksonville, Florida with a portion of the proceeds going to anti-gun crime charities
August 2019 – Royal Albert Hall, London, England
September 2019 – All Out – the official sequel to All In and the full launch of the brand prior to TV tapings beginning. We understand that while not yet confirmed, this is again likely to take place at the Sears Center in Chicago
October 2019 – Weekly television starts

https://wrestletalk.com/news/exclusive-aew-multi-show-schedule-revealed/

May 25 – Double Or Nothing at the MGM Grand Arena, Las Vegas
June 2019 – Unspecified show (believed to be in USA)
July 2019 – Unnamed show in Jacksonville, Florida with a portion of the proceeds going to anti-gun crime charities
August 2019 – Royal Albert Hall, London, England
September 2019 – All Out – the official sequel to All In and the full launch of the brand prior to TV tapings beginning. We understand that while not yet confirmed, this is again likely to take place at the Sears Center in Chicago
October 2019 – Weekly television starts
https://wrestletalk.com/news/exclusive-aew-multi-show-schedule-revealed/

The Royal Albert Hall has used for BBC Proms for 8 weeks from July to September every year and has been for over 75 years.

So the validity of an AEW show at the Royal Albert Hall in August is incredibly unlikely. Do these 'wrestling journalists' actually do any research or just take already know information and add some 'story' to it to gain clicks to their website.

The Royal Albert Hall has used for BBC Proms for 8 weeks from July to September every year and has been for over 75 years.

So the validity of an AEW show at the Royal Albert Hall in August is incredibly unlikely. Do these 'wrestling journalists' actually do any research or just take already know information and add some 'story' to it to gain clicks to their website.

no difference to any other so-called "journalist", it's about being first, not about being accurate.

Let’s move on from the first half of the discussion because for some reason you keep repeating the same thing trying to make it fact. I just don’t get why you think Cody & The Young Bucks are going to be any different than any other wrestler who’s been given the book in the past— it feels very Jeff Jarrett like to me, but anyway.

On your second question— at All In you had a Kenny Omega Vs Penta match! It was one of the best wrestlers from the Japanese scene Vs one of the best wrestlers from the Mexican scene wrestle in an incredible match that finished with a Chris Jericho swerve where he attacked Omega while dressed as Penta.

That match and that swerve is how they should’ve finished the PPV in my opinion rather than a 6-man tag match. 6-man tag matches are fun; but without a big storyline behind them they don’t really deserve to be the main event of a PPV.
FFS. Its not even close to difficult. The whole idea of AEW is the union structure is that the wrestlers benefit from the company doing well more than ever before so they are invested in a way that the company over ego comes first. Thats how their contracts have been structured and that extra earning potential if the company does well is the reason why OMega signed instead of the wwe, even though the wwe offered great money.. They could literarily be jobbers as wrestling characters and make more money than Brock Lesnar if they create a prospering company. The reason why a billionaire with no wrestling experience signed them was to put the company in their hands. HOW THEY DO AS WRESTLERS DOES NOT MATTER IF THE COMPANY DOES WELL.

For example Cody Rohdes wins the world championship holds it ten months and the company folds gets paid his current contract only. Cody Rohdes never wins the title but helps create the next great company by creating new stars. GEts paid more than anyone in wwe. Massive difference.

Last edited:
FFS. Its not even close to difficult. The whole idea of AEW is the union structure is that the wrestlers benefit from the company doing well more than ever before so they are invested in a way that the company over ego comes first. Thats how their contracts have been structured and that extra earning potential if the company does well is the reason why OMega signed instead of the wwe, even though the wwe offered great money.. They could literarily be jobbers as wrestling characters and make more money than Brock Lesnar if they create a prospering company. The reason why a billionaire with no wrestling experience signed them was to put the company in their hands. HOW THEY DO AS WRESTLERS DOES NOT MATTER IF THE COMPANY DOES WELL.

For example Cody Rohdes wins the world championship holds it ten months and the company folds gets paid his current contract only. Cody Rohdes never wins the title but helps create the next great company by creating new stars. GEts paid more than anyone in wwe. Massive difference.

How is that any different than Jeff Jarrett with TNA Wresting (back when it was TNA)????

So I'm assuming the billionaire putting in all the cash will want a say on running things? Or are we just gonna go in with the notion that Cody will book everything...

I'm hoping for something drastic to shake up the wrestling world but i think we've all seen the effects of ego in wrestling and this seems like a recipe to repeat such madness.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

So I'm assuming the billionaire putting in all the cash will want a say on running things? Or are we just gonna go in with the notion that Cody will book everything...

I'm hoping for something drastic to shake up the wrestling world but i think we've all seen the effects of ego in wrestling and this seems like a recipe to repeat such madness.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

He has a say in talent acquisition and creative yes. Shouldn't be too bad considering he sounds like a wrestling fan first, billionaire second.

How is that any different than Jeff Jarrett with TNA Wresting (back when it was TNA)????
Ok. Im not sure how you cant get that there is more benefit for them to not push themselves if it means they create a profitable company, so there is way more incentive for them to make company first decisions then at tna. So' ill try using your 'logic'. Tna didnt succeed and Jarret cost himself a heap of money if he booked himself over the company doing well. All Rohdes has to do is learn from the tna example and he'll be way better off in the long run if every decision he makes is based on the company's best interest then the wrestling character Cody's.

Ok. Im not sure how you cant get that there is more benefit for them to not push themselves if it means they create a profitable company, so there is way more incentive for them to make company first decisions then at tna. So' ill try using your 'logic'. Tna didnt succeed and Jarret cost himself a heap of money if he booked himself over the company doing well. All Rohdes has to do is learn from the tna example and he'll be way better off in the long run if every decision he makes is based on the company's best interest then the wrestling character Cody's.

So despite the track record of people who had 'vested interests' in every major professional wrestling company in the past 25 years putting themselves over at the expense of the success of their business (WCW with Bischoff, Russo; WWE with The McMahons, TNA with Jeff Jarrett & Dixie Carter) you are just going to say it's different for Cody Rhodes???

I understand that Cody, Young Bucks & Co.will benefit more from a profitable company than from making themselves look good; but the same could be said with any of the names I mentioned earlier. I would love to be proven wrong, but I think that unfortunately Cody & The Young Bucks are the same type of personalities as many before them, very ego driven and that they will use every opportunity to promote themselves as they did with All In.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to have multiple examples of both Cody and The Young Bucks being very ego driven, or even signs that could point them that way.

Would like to have multiple examples of both Cody and The Young Bucks being very ego driven, or even signs that could point them that way.

I've given an example multiple times in this thread, but I'll state it again:

ALL IN
-Cody had himself in an NWA Championship match that he won that went much longer than it needed to
-The Young Bucks had themselves not only in the main event, but winning it.

I knew you'd resort to being a broken record and state those, there's no point re-engaging in discussions on that and even if we were too, that's insufficient evidence anyways and doesn't directly give any indication to their actual personality. Which is what you're talking about.

I knew you'd resort to being a broken record and state those, there's no point re-engaging in discussions on that and even if we were too, that's insufficient evidence anyways and doesn't directly give any indication to their actual personality. Which is what you're talking about.

I believe there's insufficient evidence to suggest that Cody & The Young Bucks will do something differently than every other person in a similar situation as them in the past 20 years.

If people are going to make assumptions about what's going to happen, it's better to rely on both their history and the history of others rather than just hyperbolic statements that have no historical evidence behind them like what Sherriff is suggesting.

I believe there's insufficient evidence to suggest that Cody & The Young Bucks will do something differently than every other person in a similar situation as them in the past 20 years.

If people are going to make assumptions about what's going to happen, it's better to rely on both their history and the history of others rather than just hyperbolic statements that have no historical evidence behind them like what Sherriff is suggesting.

They really shouldn't, especially you since you're ignoring a majority of the evidence in play and blindly assigning them their personalities based on the actions of actual meatheads from decades ago.

They really shouldn't, especially you since you're ignoring a majority of the evidence in play and blindly assigning them their personalities based on the actions of actual meatheads from decades ago.

So assumptions can only be made it it's pro-AEW???

What actual 'evidence' is there to suggest that Cody & The Bucks are going to stand back and not make themselves the 'stars' of AEW??

Assumptions should only be made if you're somewhat educated and informed about those who you choose to make them about, not blindly ignore the majority of positives and cling to the unrelated examples from years ago and try force that as your definitive proof.

You're saying Cody & The Young Bucks are very ego driven and will continue to be, yet you're basing this off how idiots operated 20 years ago.

You're not even acknowledging the actual facts surrounding ALLIN, you're not even thinking about the actual opinions of many people in the professional scene who have spoken highly about these guys, you've definitely seemed to have forgotten that Tony and Kenny also exist, you don't seem to be aware of the creative restrictions these guys were handed AND you clearly don't watch or keep up with enough of their content, or else you wouldn't be so stupid to class them as that.

Assumptions should only be made if you're somewhat educated and informed about those who you choose to make them about, not blindly ignore the majority of positives and cling to the unrelated examples from years ago and try force that as your definitive proof.

You're saying Cody & The Young Bucks are very ego driven and will continue to be, yet you're basing this off how idiots operated 20 years ago.

You're not even acknowledging the actual facts surrounding ALLIN, you're not even thinking about the actual opinions of many people in the professional scene who have spoken highly about these guys, you've definitely seemed to have forgotten that Tony and Kenny also exist, you don't seem to be aware of the creative restrictions these guys were handed AND you clearly don't watch or keep up with enough of their content, or else you wouldn't be so stupid to class them as that.

Not too hard to keep up with their content when the only actual wrestling they've ever produced themselves is All In ;)

But yes-- I do watch BtE most weeks and keep up with plenty of what's going on and I'm still classing them as that. The whole creation of "The Elite" was originally a vanity project that damaged the Bullet Club's reputation in NJPW because for months half the stable was face, while half was heel.

But I guess you're allowed to make assumptions about my knowledge level. Bit hypocritical eh??

So despite the track record of people who had 'vested interests' in every major professional wrestling company in the past 25 years putting themselves over at the expense of the success of their business (WCW with Bischoff, Russo; WWE with The McMahons, TNA with Jeff Jarrett & Dixie Carter) you are just going to say it's different for Cody Rhodes???

I understand that Cody, Young Bucks & Co.will benefit more from a profitable company than from making themselves look good; but the same could be said with any of the names I mentioned earlier. I would love to be proven wrong, but I think that unfortunately Cody & The Young Bucks are the same type of personalities as many before them, very ego driven and that they will use every opportunity to promote themselves as they did with All In.
Ah Yes. Rohdes and co would be finanicially moronic not to be different. This is an opportunity of a lifetime to set up a dynasty. They promoted themselves at all in because that's what people paid for. Its still not hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back