All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’ll be another Ring of Honour.

They are catering to a niche audience who will watch it anyway and will not do anything to bring in casual viewers
Ring of Honor hasn't had a TV deal like AEW has, has it?

Nor someone like Tony Khan backing it financially?

They are catering to a niche audience who will watch it anyway and will not do anything to bring in casual viewers

Yeh it's the exact same except it has a billionaire backing it and a TV deal, otherwise it will be the same.

Ring of Honor hasn't had a TV deal like AEW has, has it?

Nor someone like Tony Khan backing it financially?
What are they going to do different to WWE that will bring back casual viewers who don’t care for the in ring product?

What are they going to do different to WWE that will bring back casual viewers who don’t care for the in ring product?
We'll have to wait and see once the TV show begins, I suppose.

Can't really just write it off before it even really starts.

Some big differences with big backers and a massive tv deal.

Can't really judge until we see the tv, but their 2 ppv shows have been enjoyable for the most part.

Fair enough, however, I’m skeptical.
It looks as though they are focusing on the in ring aspect and trying to have 5 star matches to impress Dave Meltzer...

IMO this won’t work unless they go for more entertainment, with interesting characters and storylines - it in no way looks like they’ll go down this path.

It looks as though they are focusing on the in ring aspect and trying to have 5 star matches to impress Dave Meltzer...

IMO this won’t work unless they go for more entertainment, with interesting characters and storylines - it in no way looks like they’ll go down this path.
To be fair, they have only had 3 PPV events, the first where the stories were all built on Being the Elite.

Once the TV show gets going I'm sure we will see a lot more of that sort of thing.

I think regardless of what they've done on BTE and for these non-television entwined PPVs - there will be a creative reset come television. They have a lot of introducing to do to new people checking in.

The only thing they can walk into television with is a few of The Elite guys, Jericho as Champion and a possible CM Punk established.

Agree, needs to be a healthy mix between entertainment, characters and great in ring wresting.

Jury is still out on what it will be like once TV starts so I think it’s ridiculous to be talking in absolutes about what they will and won’t do.

They will get the curiosity viewers. Then it’s up to the company to keep them.

Do people think that the quality of their ‘Buy Ins’ (world wide free content) has been good enough to maintain these curiousity viewers so far?

Do people think that the quality of their ‘Buy Ins’ (world wide free content) has been good enough to maintain these curiousity viewers so far?
Definitely not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The TNT NBA ads will be important and should bring across some viewers.

I guess Fox are going to do the same with NFL.

Pretty exciting times. Hopefully a million plus people might tune in to either show just to have a look, it's then up to the shows to keep them interested.

Hopefully there is an Aussie TV deal going on behind the scenes.

Well they can’t get the pre shows right. They may as well quit now haha.

Pre-shows is what brings in the mythical ‘casual’ audience who the WWE las lost over the years.

Stuff like the Librarians segments is what ‘casuals’ who don’t want to pay for a wrestling show they don’t know much about will see.

For hardcore fans the pre-show doesn’t mean much, but in my opinion it’s what sets the ‘vibe’ for new fans to decide whether AEW is something they may be invested in spending money on.

Pre-shows is what brings in the mythical ‘casual’ audience who the WWE las lost over the years.

Stuff like the Librarians segments is what ‘casuals’ who don’t want to pay for a wrestling show they don’t know much about will see.

For hardcore fans the pre-show doesn’t mean much, but in my opinion it’s what sets the ‘vibe’ for new fans to decide whether AEW is something they may be invested in spending money on.

That’s a load of bs IMO.

If the worst thing AEW has done is the pre show in their b grade PPV then they will be okay.

People just looking to pick on anything then can including making s**t up and presuming what it will be for TV has even started.

Yes the librarian gimmick sucks, hell even go and watch BTE from this week, the young bucks agree it didn’t get over.

The thing is Fyter Fest was still a free show that had nowhere near the level marketing an event like All In / DON had. I didn't even watch the pre-show - but I feel like if you did, you were already in the 99.9% who were set on watching the rest of the show with that knowledge.

The BR at DON on the other hand is probably the only bad thing that may have cost viewers - although the numbers ended up being massive anyways.

Two pre-shows are still meaningless for a wrestling promotion with no television.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back