All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
with The current Covid outbreak, you would want to stay away from Melbourne and Sydney. The rest of the country now realises that with the recent diabolical decision to open their borders to them, along with the ACT.

Yes—- a wrestling company that’s based in Florida cares about the COVID outbreak in Melbourne & Sydney.

It’s not going to happen anytime soon, but when it does happen AEW will start where the biggest potential crowd will occur. They’ll use Fite.tv data & local organisations to determine that which means that it will most likely end up being in Melbourne or Sydney (Melbourne typically gets the “main” wrestling show when NJPW or WWE are looking at cities)

because they would be able to continue operating their weekly business in American with very little impact. AEW is not a touring company. AEW have not even toured the west coast of America yet because it hasn't made sense, they haven't set foot into Canada, and England will be their first cross-sea journey, whenever the hell that will be, and who knows how they'll do that trip and put stuff on TV. Working with NJPW would be an easy way to put a step forward without interfering with the primary business ie doing a weekly TV show live from somewhere on the east coast of the US

i should just note, the furthest west AEW have gone is Nevada for Double or Nothing, which took place before Dynamite actually started air. This year's DON is heading back to Vegas and Khan has said some West Coast shows will happen around it, but still, California with it's 40M people haven't had a AEW branded show yet, which even accounting for covid is kind of bonkers.

Yes—- a wrestling company that’s based in Florida cares about the COVID outbreak in Melbourne & Sydney.

It’s not going to happen anytime soon, but when it does happen AEW will start where the biggest potential crowd will occur. They’ll use Fite.tv data & local organisations to determine that which means that it will most likely end up being in Melbourne or Sydney (Melbourne typically gets the “main” wrestling show when NJPW or WWE are looking at cities)

it really isn’t going to happen any time soon. For AEW to tour Australia they need people like Toni Storm, Buddy Mathews, Jonah Rock, Juice Robinson even Tenille Dashwood, for Aussies to get behind.

it really isn’t going to happen any time soon. For AEW to tour Australia they need people like Toni Storm, Buddy Mathews, Jonah Rock, Juice Robinson even Tenille Dashwood, for Aussies to get behind.

Why would Australians care about Juice Robinson?

Born in NZ but moved here at age 4 with her mum (not sure if her mum was from here originally or not). She's billed from Gold Coast so I'd assume that she sees herself as an Aussie just as much as a Kiwi.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Based on that, I'll claim her too.

‘if they want to come here, they will regardless whether these people are on the roster. How many Aussie wrestlers did NJPW have on the roster when they came?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dustin Rhodes vs Sammy for Interim TNT Championship at Battle of the Belts.

Yawn.

There is only one match on "Battle of the belts" that's worth watching.

Dustin Rhodes vs Sammy for Interim TNT Championship at Battle of the Belts.

Can’t say this is exciting but can hardly blame them. Covid has struck the NBA and now both WWE and AEW I think fans especially those that pay for pay per views or buy tickets are going to have to cut both companies some slack because over the next couple of months it’s going to be a high likely hood that top matches are cancelled at late stages due to covid.

Is there a 4th match that I'm unaware of?

Just the 3 matches:

Baker Vs Riho (Women's Title)
Dustin Vs Sammy (Interim TNT title)
Starks Vs Sydal (FTW Title)

Doesn't scream "special event" to me.

Excellent episode of Rampage (excluding the Jake Atlas injury), one of the best they've ever done. :thumbsu:

No doubt the usual suspects on here will crap on about something trivial but they can piss off. Here's a friendly piece of advice: if you don't like the product, don't watch it, you jabroni marks. :D

No doubt the usual suspects on here will crap on about something trivial but they can piss off. Here's a friendly piece of advice: if you don't like the product, don't watch it, you jabroni marks. :D

I'll give you a friendly piece of advice--- I actually said it after Dynamite this week.

the “Fanbois” need to spend more time watching & discussing the product than complaining about the “haters”

Not everything AEW is good.

I've chosen not to watch "Battle of the Belts" live tomorrow, because only one match interests me. I'll instead catch up with Riho/Baker later.

it's only 1 hour, so it was never that special to begin with

Battle of the Belts (and the concept of the 'Saturday Night Fight' series) was originally announced as being 'pay-per-view level cards' similar to that of the old Clash of the Champions & Saturday Night's Main Event.

There's nothing 'pay-per-view level' at this card-- it's not even as good as a normal episode of Rampage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back