All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
NXT Japan?

That's what they're saying. Who knows though. Pretty boring announcement as far as I'm concerned.

I had a look at the Janela Omega match. Omega is a legit star and Janela will be. Both have uncanny presences that you don't see much these days. I didn't watch the whole thing I kind of got bored tbh but I'm sure many people liked the whole thing. Just dragged on.

I do like the story they're doing with Omega. 12 months ago if you said who was in the company etc. you'd expect him to be champ.
Will follow a little closer, shame it's not available in an easy access format.

No partnership. Big NJPW news coming Saturday our time apparently but AEW nothing to do with it as Mr M has said.

getting slightly off track with AEW here, but one rumour is NJPW is buying/announcing a partnership with STARDOM.

Riho and Bea Priestley are the only 2 females on the AEW roster who currently perform in STARDOM.

Ffs Luchasaurus is out injured which means Marko is in.

Christopher Daniels has also been replaced by Scorpio Sky--- has made both tag tournament matches less interesting.

EDIT: JR didn't realise that his microphone was still on & airing on the Site app during the 'commercial' break. Spoke to the other commentators that they need to "get the phrase-- 'Inner Circle' over"

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still better than anything WWE has dished out lately. :p

That's like saying that it's ok for my local burger joint to serve up bad burgers--- purely because McDonald's exists ;)

I enjoyed the two 'main events' of this show; particularly the Omega/Page Vs Pac/Moxley tag match. Omega is showing why he's the greatest wrestler in the world today (again!). The storytelling in that match was great and builds both to next weeks match as well as the Omega/Moxley match @ Full Gear. Personally the barbed wire weapons were a bit over the top; but I understand the story they are trying to tell.

The Jericho/Darby match was really fun right until the end. I know they are trying to build Darby up as a genuine threat, but having Hager & the Inner Circle get involved in the end made everything that Jericho did & Darby recover from appear weak in comparison to Hager's punch. It is also now the third show (out of three) where it's ended with the Inner Circle being involved in the finish off the main event. Feels repetitive already.

The Tag tournament matches this weak were messed up because of TWO changes to the teams during the show and neither match was particularly strong. Having Jungle Boy & Marko Stunt last over 10 minutes with the Lucha Bros as well was too long IMO.

Riho & Britt Baker was fun; nothing to write home about, but fun.

The Cody promo still didn't make me want to 'like' him either--- according to the promo we should like Cody because he's a hard worker who has to overcome the odds of being a wrestler AND management?

I can say that. Not sure a card carrying member of the Vince Defence Legion can.

I've spoken negatively of all types of wrestling (including that of the WWE) in these threads; just in general I'm a bit more aware and positive of what's going on because my mind isn't damaged from smoking too much weed.

Always thought Shane McMahon had the worse punches I've seen think omega is at least equally as bad. Dosent look like he'd hurt a fly

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Tag tournament matches this weak were messed up because of TWO changes to the teams during the show and neither match was particularly strong. Having Jungle Boy & Marko Stunt last over 10 minutes with the Lucha Bros as well was too long IMO.

Going to defend this with a theory. You have a new group of people putting together a 2 hour live weekly wrestling show with timed ad breaks etc. Considering this match was changed late to remove Luchasarus and add Stunt, i'd say that they had the entire show timed perfectly to fit the 2 hours and felt as though they didn't want to risk messing with it by shortening this match (like it should have been).

Just a theory, but may explain why it went as long as it did. If the Dino man is in this match then 10 minutes wouldn't even seem like enough!

Going to defend this with a theory. You have a new group of people putting together a 2 hour live weekly wrestling show with timed ad breaks etc. Considering this match was changed late to remove Luchasarus and add Stunt, i'd say that they had the entire show timed perfectly to fit the 2 hours and felt as though they didn't want to risk messing with it by shortening this match (like it should have been).

Just a theory, but may explain why it went as long as it did. If the Dino man is in this match then 10 minutes wouldn't even seem like enough!

Would definitely explain it— not sure if I believe that they wouldn’t have been able to ‘improvise’ a segment on the fly to fill the same time slot (considering you could’ve used SCU or Private Party who were both at the venue & could’ve done a short segment with the Lucha Bros.

I disagree with the thought process— but I understand the explanation & it does make sense.

How can you say

I had a look at the Janela Omega match. Omega is a legit star and Janela will be. Both have uncanny presences that you don't see much these days.

Then the very next sentence say

I didn't watch the whole thing I kind of got bored tbh but I'm sure many people liked the whole thing. Just dragged on.

?

Just how I felt? PPV length match when I expected something a bit shorter watching on a laptop on a Wed arvo. I've got stuff to do.
Just seems odd to talk them up as being legit/future stars then the very next sentence saying you were bored by them, thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back