All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the reasons to stop watching WWE you choose to stop because of one of the guys that's actually great? As long as he's in great ring shape and can go an hour as well as be good on the mic, He doesn't need to be a lean broomstick or a sterioded uncoordinated musclehead to be good.

It was the storyline that did it. After Rollins had spent two years being Triple H’s bitch boy and getting no heat himself, they had Triple H turn on him for Owens. My complaint was that Triple H will always be the main heel on Raw and nobody else will ever be above him as the main star. All these years on I think I’ve been vindicated in that opinion. Added to that that we were now at a stage where overweight guys would have the banal gimmick of “I’m a prizefighter, now watch me in a six man tag every week” and that guy would be rewarded with the main belt was disgraceful. To say Owens is good on the mic is laughable.

Dusty is not comparable at all to Owens either. Dusty actually was a prizefighter. Dusty had a proper gimmick and lived it. Dusty cut promos that were legendary and was in amazing storylines that he booked. It’s no surprise that Cody is one of the few guys in AEW who is actually building his character and storyline well.

Since on the main roster, I never understood Owen’s character, any of his storylines (particularly those with Sami Zayn) or why he would do ridiculous moves like a forward roll in the corner like a buffoon.

I love guys of different builds as well. The Ryback, Samoa Joe, Rusev, Edge, Christian, CM Punk were all entertaining and had good characters that you believed were wrestlers. Owens just has never had that legitimacy to me because he’s never had a clearly defined character or storyline that made sense. I think this is the mistake a lot of the guys on AEW’s roster is making.

90 day non-compete clause (as Harper got released; his contract did run out) for Harper puts him at March 8th/9th--- first episode of Dynamite after that will be March 11th.

Marty will show up the show before xmas as a present for the fans imo.

In Corpus Christi?? I hope not-- that crowd is always dead.

I think it's more likely that Marty will most likely appear on the January 1st edition in Jacksonville; especially as both Jericho & Moxley will unlikely be there only a few days before Wrestle Kingdom.

I think it's more likely that Marty will most likely appear on the January 1st edition in Jacksonville; especially as both Jericho & Moxley will unlikely be there only a few days before Wrestle Kingdom.

ISN'T TALENT SHARING GREAT

KwoW1gx.png

Where can i find a villian?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next AEW PPV last day of February.

AEW Revolution

Strange decision to hold it the same night as Lethal Leap Year

Southpaw Regional Wrestling will be furious ;)

Strange decision to have a PPV in Chicago again?

maybe things going on behind the scenes are not all rosy and green

It's attached to C2E2.

I wonder if AEW is just trying to fill a larger arena (I didn't grab the name of it; but it's not the one they've used previously) and are trying to utilise the larger Chicago wrestling audience combined with the travelling 'nerd' market that will already be in Chicago for C2E2?

EDIT: Wrestling does have a history at C2E2. In 2019 CM Punk, The Young Bucks, Eric Bischoff, Jim Cornette, Tony Schiavone & Conrad Thompson all appeared. So maybe there's an established connection?

Yep I enjoyed it as well. I honestly couldn’t be bothered with the Sakura match though.

QT Marshall was surprisingly good.
The NXT Womens division craps on AEWs, while AEWs tag division has like over a dozen teams while NXT barely has any.

The NXT Womens division craps on AEWs, while AEWs tag division has like over a dozen teams while NXT barely has any.
Kenny did an interview recently and said he wasnt happy with AEW womens division because a lot of them have been unavailable with other stuff he also said theres a fair few new women coming in early 2020.

Kenny even said he wants to give up more of his TV time for the women.

the only people that look after the womens division are Kenny and Tony and brandi offers consulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back