All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stand by my point he can’t have a straight match without leaving the ring or using objects for the most part
Why is it such a bad thing? I reckon you need a few hardcore guys so everyone isn't the same. Joey Janela was one of those guys in the mid card and was used a lot early on in AEW, then people criticized him for being a hardcore guy, so he wrestled normal singles or tags with Sonny Kiss and he's fallen way down the pecking order, because his matches are worse than before.

Mick Foley was all hardcore wrestling and outside the ring table/guard rail spots. Then when you strip all that away, he then had to reinvent himself and rely on comedy spots in ring or in promos.

Will probably be Cristian, a good worker and loved him when I was younger. Royal Rumble showed he can still go.

Problem is they have never hyped someone before coming in. Was always either a surprise or announced.
Hell Paul Wight was brought in to announce it, obviously he is doing other things as well, so yeah unless it is someone who is huge, Cristian as much as I like him isn’t, then they have shots themselves in the foot.

Omega is the best technical wrestler in the world (based on what he did in Japan), I have no idea why he's headlined two PPV's now with Moxley in these 'extreme' matches in the first 18 months of AEW.

Omega is great but I’d have Bryan and Cesaro ahead of him for in ring work alone, he’d be my 3rd.

He is to good to be having these stupid gimmick matches but when your stuck with someone so limited like Moxley they have to do it.

lol what a ridiculous comment🤣 Go back to the WWE board, nuff.
Don’t worry I’m sure the next guy who jumps ship will automatically be amazing because he joined the dub

I like a fair bit of aew’s roster I just think mox is over rated

Why is it such a bad thing? I reckon you need a few hardcore guys so everyone isn't the same. Joey Janela was one of those guys in the mid card and was used a lot early on in AEW, then people criticized him for being a hardcore guy, so he wrestled normal singles or tags with Sonny Kiss and he's fallen way down the pecking order, because his matches are worse than before.

Mick Foley was all hardcore wrestling and outside the ring table/guard rail spots. Then when you strip all that away, he then had to reinvent himself and rely on comedy spots in ring or in promos.
It’s only a bad thing because he’s being pushed as the best wrestler in the world. I don’t hate hardcore matches but if that’s all someone can do then yeah it gets boring

Let’s use prime edge for example he could have violent matches or put on clinics mox can only work the one style

Wrestling is subjective we all like what we like I think mox talks and carry’s himself as a big deal but for me his ring work let’s it down

Like why couldn’t Kenny vs mox have been any number of standard wrestling matches or gimmicks an exploding death match is Indy garbage

Doesn't Mox have a 'normal' match just about every time he wrestles on Dynamite?

Odd thing for a Vince fan to go for given the wrestling limitations of a lot of the top E guys over the years.

Mox isn’t Brett Hart or Shawn Michaels. Never has and never will be.

For this match itself, let’s just judge it once it’s done. One things it’s done is built intrigue and anticipation which will hopefully lead to PPV buys which, you know, is kind of the point of the business

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The recent Angle teaser video on social media plus some not-so-subtle hints made by various people within AEW suggests to me that a potential Angle signing might be one big red (white & blue) herring.

The recent Angle teaser video on social media plus some not-so-subtle hints made by various people within AEW suggests to me that a potential Angle signing might be one big red (white & blue) herring.

Fingers crossed.

If they signed him all good but it wouldn’t and shouldn’t need this hype for a guy who can’t wrestle.

Fingers crossed.

If they signed him all good but it wouldn’t and shouldn’t need this hype for a guy who can’t wrestle.

Yep this. Of course having him out back would be a huge asset but in ring he is cooked. The fact that as someone mentioned AEW have generally just had guys show up it would be a huge let down for it to be either a non big name or a guy who is done in the ring.

Surely not DDP? Not the newsworthy big signing they have made out as he has already appeared with them before.

Anything less than Brock or around that level will be a big let down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back