Recommitted Angus Brayshaw [signs til 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

So looks like he signed for unders of what Freo and Essendon were offering. Good to see from him. Jackson I think is already gone but you can't keep everyone. Brayshaw has been great and I'm happy to keep him.
I watch the video from your avatar all the time, have done for years. I'll never get sick of it.

I'm just glad we didn't get screwed over with that ridiculous band 1 compensation. Would've been a tough loss losing Brayshaw for a pick around 20.

What was Brayshaw's reaction if you dont mind me asking ?

So looks like he signed for unders of what Freo and Essendon were offering. Good to see from him. Jackson I think is already gone but you can't keep everyone. Brayshaw has been great and I'm happy to keep him.
'Unders' at 800k could still be a decent amount.

Another long-term contract on their books while they have no decent key forwards on their list is concerning. That's now Gawn, Oliver, Petracca, Lever, May and Brayshaw on some serious coin.

Another long-term contract on their books while they have no decent key forwards on their list is concerning. That's now Gawn, Oliver, Petracca, Lever, May and Brayshaw on some serious coin.
Lol what? We still have money free to sign Jackson so if he leaves we have plenty to spend.

Lol nah we should have got rid of our AA players to try get a key forward instead 👌🏼

Lol what? We still have money free to sign Jackson so if he leaves we have plenty to spend.

Lol nah we should have got rid of our AA players to try get a key forward instead 👌🏼
Re-signing Brayshaw confirms Jackson is out.

Not sure where you’re going with the second sentence? No use having a stack of AA players if your best forward is Sam Weideman.

Re-signing Brayshaw confirms Jackson is out.

Not sure where you’re going with the second sentence? No use having a stack of AA players if your best forward is Sam Weideman.
Are we supposed to trade someone in mid season? I literally have no idea what you're on about.
Were obviously keeping May Gawn Lever and Oliver etc. We have enough money to get a key forward still. So literally what the hell is your point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we supposed to trade someone in mid season? I literally have no idea what you're on about.
Were obviously keeping May Gawn Lever and Oliver etc. We have enough money to get a key forward still. So literally what the hell is your point
Not a good one, given all the massive contracts the Dees have handed out recently.

It might seem smart to sign up a good clubman and handy flanker like Brayshaw to a long term deal but it does affect the checks and balances of the TPP in the short term - when the Demons should be contending.

Interesting to see what they can drum up over the off season.

Not a good one, given all the massive contracts the Dees have handed out recently.

It might seem smart to sign up a good clubman and handy flanker like Brayshaw to a long term deal but it does affect the checks and balances of the TPP in the short term - when the Demons should be contending.

Interesting to see what they can drum up over the off season.

Yeah righto, Melbourne has no idea what it's doing but some bloke off bigfooty with 0 knowledge of the finances has it all figured out.

If Carlton can waste millions on McGovern, Williams and Martin and still keep Cripps Weitering Walsh and the Key forwards I'm sure we are fine.

Yeah righto, Melbourne has no idea what it's doing but some bloke off bigfooty with 0 knowledge of the finances has it all figured out.

If Carlton can waste millions on McGovern, Williams and Martin and still keep Cripps Weitering Walsh and the Key forwards I'm sure we are fine.
Our gun players (Cripps, McKay, Walsh) all signed for unders. We even netted Cerra for less than the Dockers were willing to offer.

Martin was paid no more than 300k this season.

Meanwhile the Dees are throwing around massive contracts like confetti and now have 5-6 big contracts on their books preventing them from signing a genuine gun.

I know the Dees are in the window and Melbourne supporters are happy to applaud every half baked contract dished out to any best 22 player, but these kind of deals add up.

When your forwardline is comprised of Ben Brown, Sam Weideman, Kosi Pickett and a stack of small battlers you have to wonder when that elite key forward is coming. It’s tough to bring in quality talls when you’re got very little room to manoeuvre.

Last edited:
When your forwardline is comprised of Ben Brown, Sam Weideman, Kosi Pickett and a stack of small battlers you have to wonder when that elite key forward is coming. It’s tough to bring in quality talls when you’re got very little room to manoeuvre.

fritsch kicked 59 goals in a premiership season, and is on track to do so again in 2022; key forwards come in all shapes and sizes - what makes them 'key' is that they kick plenty of goals, not their height

couple that with pickett kicking 40, brown and weideman combing for 28 in 13 games and plugger mac 33, and our forward line would be okay...if it could get on the park - we miss tom mcdonald more than anyone else in our forward line

in terms of tall targets going forward, i'm very confident jacob van rooyen will be an afl quality forward once he gets afl-level fitness; his attack on the ball, marking, and kicking look very, very good in the vfl

back to the topic at hand, very happy to have gus signed up for 6 years

fritsch kicked 59 goals in a premiership season, and is on track to do so again in 2022; key forwards come in all shapes and sizes - what makes them 'key' is that they kick plenty of goals, not their height

couple that with pickett kicking 40, brown and weideman combing for 28 in 13 games and plugger mac 33, and our forward line would be okay...if it could get on the park - we miss tom mcdonald more than anyone else in our forward line

in terms of tall targets going forward, i'm very confident jacob van rooyen will be an afl quality forward once he gets afl-level fitness; his attack on the ball, marking, and kicking look very, very good in the vfl

back to the topic at hand, very happy to have gus signed up for 6 years
If this is Melbourne’s set of forwards over the next couple of years they are in more trouble than I thought.

The Dees have might have done a decent job leveraging what little they had last year, but a consistent theme over the past decade has been better teams having at least one elite key forward (Kennedy at West Coast, Lynch and Riewoldt at Richmond, Roughead and Franklin at the Hawks, Hawkins at Geelong).

The Dees are pinning their hopes on 0 zero gamer Van Rooyen.

The Dees have might have done a decent job leveraging what little they had last year
Winning a flag is decent, getting McKay to sign for unders is the real accomplishment.

If this is Melbourne’s set of forwards over the next couple of years they are in more trouble than I thought.

The Dees have might have done a decent job leveraging what little they had last year, but a consistent theme over the past decade has been better teams having at least one elite key forward (Kennedy at West Coast, Lynch and Riewoldt at Richmond, Roughead and Franklin at the Hawks, Hawkins at Geelong).

interesting that that's what you took out of it

Our gun players (Cripps, McKay, Walsh) all signed for unders. We even netted Cerra for less than the Dockers were willing to offer.

Martin was paid no more than 300k this season.

Meanwhile the Dees are throwing around massive contracts like confetti and now have 5-6 big contracts on their books preventing them from signing a genuine gun.

So again your only argument revolves around made up numbers that you have no idea about.

What a fascinating insight into a weird person. I could literally copy paste your post and take out McKay Curnow etc and add Oliver and Trac and it's the exact same thing.

It sure is, especially when your ignore Melbourne Sydney and the dogs winning flags without one to suit your argument.

Still same forwards as last years premiers. I think you just like to stir s**t up

So again your only argument revolves around made up numbers that you have no idea about.

What a fascinating insight into a weird person. I could literally copy paste your post and take out McKay Curnow etc and add Oliver and Trac and it's the exact same thing.
All sets of contracts have been reported, and there is a BIG disparity between what Carlton are paying our stars and the enormous salaries the Dees stars are on.

It sure is, especially when your ignore Melbourne Sydney and the dogs winning flags without one to suit your argument.
The Dees would love a forward capable of Tom Boyd’s performance in the 2016 Grand Final - in just his third year.

Sam Weideman s**t the bed in finals (and in plenty of Home and Away games since tbf) at the same age.

So we’re establishing a general pattern of how good teams - especially long term contending teams - win flags. The Dees are deviating away from this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back