Recommitted Angus Brayshaw [signs til 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

All sets of contracts have been reported, and there is a BIG disparity between what Carlton are paying our stars and the enormous salaries the Dees stars are on.
šŸ˜‚ How many all Australian do Carlton's stars have? You're a bad troll man, atleast put in some effort. The money you saved on your supposed stars was wasted on Williams, McGovern and Martin. We havent wasted any money on scrubs.

The Dees would love a forward capable of Tom Boydā€™s performance in the 2016 Grand Final - in just his third year.

Sam Weideman s**t the bed in finals (and in plenty of Home and Away games since tbf) at the same age.

So weā€™re establishing a general pattern of how good teams - especially long term contending teams - win flags. The Dees are deviating away from this.

Ohhh cause the dogs are long term contenders righttttttt, Weid was actually really good in our finals in 2018 but why would you know that you're just making things up lol.

Tom Boyd's your strong argument hahaha amazing truly takes someone special to believe this rubbish

Still same forwards as last years premiers. I think you just like to stir s**t up
Good teams reinvent themselves.

The Dees expecting the same outcome for the same set of players is insane - especially when looking at their form this year.

Their forwards werenā€™t much chop last year either. They managed to extract the absolute max out of them, but thatā€™s not a sustainable long term strategy.

Last edited:

šŸ˜‚ How many all Australian do Carlton's stars have? You're a bad troll man, atleast put in some effort. The money you saved on your supposed stars was wasted on Williams, McGovern and Martin. We havent wasted any money on scrubs.
Combined? Like 5 - Cripps 2x, Docherty, Walsh, McKay.

Do we add on all the AAā€™s for this year?

No idea why youā€™re fixating on the Blues who have done the opposite to the Dees and signed our stars for unders. The only bad long term contract is Williams.

Martin is earning barely anything, McGovernā€™s contract will be off the books soon - and we havenā€™t even entered our window yet.

Ohhh cause the dogs are long term contenders righttttttt, Weid was actually really good in our finals in 2018 but why would you know that you're just making things up lol.

Tom Boyd's your strong argument hahaha amazing truly takes someone special to believe this rubbish
You must have been asleep during his hilarious prelim final.

I would have switched it off too.

Combined? Like 5 - Cripps 2x, Docherty, Walsh, McKay.

Do we add on all the AAā€™s for this year?

No idea why youā€™re fixating on the Blues who have done the opposite to the Dees and signed our stars for unders. The only bad long term contract is Williams.

Martin is earning barely anything, McGovernā€™s contract will be off the books soon - and we havenā€™t even entered our window yet.

For sure. We signed all ours for 3 million a year. What a joke. Why sign premiership players and AAs. I think we should have traded May and Petracca for some people on less money so we could be as good as Carlton. Lucky you were here to fix the problems šŸ™Œ

Re-signing Brayshaw confirms Jackson is out.

Not sure where youā€™re going with the second sentence? No use having a stack of AA players if your best forward is Sam Weideman.

It doesn't confirm that at all, you're assuming that just because these are long contracts that they are all big money.

They absolutely have money to keep Jackson just not as significant as Freo, it's just a question of whether or not he wants to return to WA on a slightly bigger contract.

All sets of contracts have been reported, and there is a BIG disparity between what Carlton are paying our stars and the enormous salaries the Dees stars are on.
Please link. Thx.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Dees would love a forward capable of Tom Boydā€™s performance in the 2016 Grand Final - in just his third year.

Sam Weideman s**t the bed in finals (and in plenty of Home and Away games since tbf) at the same age.

So weā€™re establishing a general pattern of how good teams - especially long term contending teams - win flags. The Dees are deviating away from this.
Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

Umm ...

Sam Weideman was great in the 2018 finals series, in fact his best ever game was in the EF vs Geelong (24 pos, 7 marks, 3 goals).

What are you on about?
How about his laughable game in the higher stakes contest against the Eagles?

Imagine passing on 2 future Coleman medalists to draft this plodder instead.

Great stuff.

How embarrassing!

I'm no Weid fan, but the one thing he is known for is his performance in that finals series. If you don't count Fritsch as a key forward, and i don't, he's been our best key forward finals performer in the last 16 years!

And as most of us have tried to block it out, i don't think you'll find a single Dees player that played well in that prelim.

How about his laughable game in the higher stakes contest against the Eagles?

Imagine passing on 2 future Coleman medalists to draft this plodder instead.

Great stuff.
Mate, you won't find me disagreeing with what an absolute balls up it was picking Weid ahead of Curnow / McKay (pain eased largely by winning the flag last year), however you look like an absolute clown for saying he shat the bed that finals series and highlighting that absolute disaster of a prelim as an example.

Mate, you won't find me disagreeing with what an absolute balls up it was picking Weid ahead of Curnow / McKay (pain eased largely by winning the flag last year), however you look like an absolute clown for saying he shat the bed that finals series and highlighting that absolute disaster of a prelim as an example.
I'm fairly confident that had Charlie taken a taxi home that night instead, he'd be wearing red and blue. Sliding doors moment!

Well, he s**t the bed.

Kicked a few goals in a comfortable win, complete non-entity in a higher stakes preliminary final.

A consummate down hill skier.

I'm fairly confident that had Charlie taken a taxi home that night instead, he'd be wearing red and blue. Sliding doors moment!
Red and Black more likely

Well, he s**t the bed.

Kicked a few goals in a comfortable win, complete non-entity in a higher stakes preliminary final.

To be fair, McKay and Curnow are 80 odd games into their careers and havenā€™t even made it to finals. Itā€™s the first time the entire Carlton team hasnā€™t s**t the bed from round 1 and through the remainder of the season.

Well, he s**t the bed.

Both games were In the balance in the last quarter lol. Man oh man it must be hard taking this many Ls.

'Unders' at 800k could still be a decent amount.

Another long-term contract on their books while they have no decent key forwards on their list is concerning. That's now Gawn, Oliver, Petracca, Lever, May and Brayshaw on some serious coin.
It literally said he accepted much less than what was on offer. All players have accepted less than market value for long term deals that provide security for them. Time will tell if it's a good idea but it means they don't have to spend time worrying about their top players leaving now. Won a flag last year with the forward setup so it must be not bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back