Another club betting scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon?

Wow. But everyone was saying those quarter bets were only on the Coll Freo, North Saints games?
It was never confirmed that the assistant coach had betted on his own match though. The story was simply that an assistant coach involved at a finals bound Victorian club had placed a three figure quarter quad bet, which meant that he could have been from any one of six clubs betting on either Fremantle v. Collingwood, or St.Kilda v. North Melbourne.

Apart from Heath Shaw's foolish $10 bet on first goalkicker, Collingwood's controversies in the past three seasons have been media fuelled and driven. Dayne Beams and John McCarthy weren't accused or charged with any wrongdoing and were only questioned as potential witnesses despite Neil Mitchell's sensationalistic accusations.

Jarryd Blair's hand gesture in the photo following the NAB Cup win earlier this year was overblown by 3AW as well. Any disharmony between Nathan Buckley, Michael Malthouse and Eddie McGuire has been a media invention and factless in an unsuccessful attempt to create an off-field distraction due to on-field dominance.

Everything in footy is overblown by the media.
BUT, Beams and McCarthy were scarcely named as I recall it, despite being at the scene during a pretty sordid sort of an event. ( Nothing illegal though ). SImilarly Beam's invovement with Kim Duthie was somehow hushed up.

The Beams, McCarthy thing might have been overblown by Big Footy :) but on Big Footy what comes around goes around.

Hey, Greg Denham.

At least you got two of the colours right :rolleyes:

How incredibly foolish to all but name a team, and get it completely wrong.

It was never confirmed that the assistant coach had betted on his own match though. The story was simply that an assistant coach involved at a finals bound Victorian club had placed a three figure quarter quad bet, which meant that he could have been from any one of six clubs betting on either Fremantle v. Collingwood, or St.Kilda v. North Melbourne.

The report was that the bet was made on his own team iirc.

Which leads me to say LOL he bet against Port (I assume) and that went haywire :D.

this is patently untrue.

any player caught with performance enhancing drugs in their system get 2 yrs, instantly, no ifs or buts. so steroids, HGH, EPO etc 2 yrs

they get 3 strikes for recreational drugs, many of which could never be performance enhancing and many of which would be performance inhibiting.

My bad, sorry. :(

Apart from Heath Shaw's foolish $10 bet on first goalkicker, Collingwood's controversies in the past three seasons have been media fuelled and driven. Dayne Beams and John McCarthy weren't accused or charged with any wrongdoing and were only questioned as potential witnesses despite Neil Mitchell's sensationalistic accusations.

Jarryd Blair's hand gesture in the photo following the NAB Cup win earlier this year was overblown by 3AW as well. Any disharmony between Nathan Buckley, Michael Malthouse and Eddie McGuire has been a media invention and factless in an unsuccessful attempt to create an off-field distraction due to on-field dominance.

Side by side, the McCarthy-Beams way.

Three years ... very convenient time frame. Missed Heater and Dids doing a runner by one season, missed Dids riding around with a gunman by two years.

Three years doesn't quite exclude Malthouse lying about what he said to Milne, or your captain telling revealing club information to family members on the punt.

Will the media fabrication of disharmony be proven true if MM is not at the club next year? Or will that be an apparition seen only by non-Collingwood supporters?

If that is the case then the club may have a lot of explaining.!!!!!!

That was the actual result wasnt it in a game where port were what $8-00 or something ridiculous.

Port were paying $17 before the game.

I doubt the club would be investigated, I doubt one coach could have that much impact unless it was the senior coach. But still it makes a f-ing bad thing look even worse.

I doubt the club would be investigated, I doubt one coach could have that much impact unless it was the senior coach. But still it makes a f-ing bad thing look even worse.

You have my sympathy.

Who does he actually coach, which group?

Well, on the radio this morning it was reported he bet on his OWN game.

Then the more experienced betters in here said that only the Pies and Saints games were offering the quarter bet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i feel for you guys but if that was the bet, and given the result........big big can of worms.....indian bookmakers spring to mind, hansie cronje et al

You have my sympathy.

Who does he actually coach, which group?
Forwards/Goalkicking
Yeah i feel for you guys but if that was the bet, and given the result........big big can of worms.....indian bookmakers spring to mind, hansie cronje et al

Oh wow if that's true then...

It wasn't actually the result, I was wrong. We were winning at quarter time. But only by 2 points, so it was a close cut thing.

oh goody, it's us.

Bettendon?

Essenbet?

Not true, drug cheats get 3 strikes.

No they don't. Only a fool would think that. Are you a fool?

Drug cheats get minimum two years ban as per WADA regulations. You're confusing "drug cheats" with players who use an illicit drug in their holiday, and who consent to a testing regime for health reasons :rolleyes:

SImilarly Beam's invovement with Kim Duthie was somehow hushed up.
What involvement? :confused: More made-up unfounded rubbish? This is a perfect example of what I had said. Apart from Heath Shaw's foolish $10 bet, any controversy involving Collingwood in the past three years has been either overblown or made-up as you have just shown.
The Beams, McCarthy thing might have been overblown by Big Footy :) but on Big Footy what comes around goes around.
What do you mean by that? :confused:
Well, on the radio this morning it was reported he bet on his OWN game.
From what I heard on the radio, both must have been reported then, so I felt he could have been a member of any one of six clubs (even Carlton who had the bye) betting on the outcome of a quarter quad match, which I heard there were only two matches that applied to. I suppose more info will follow in time.

What involvement? :confused: More made-up unfounded rubbish? This is a perfect example of what I had said. Apart from Heath Shaw's foolish $10 bet, any controversy involving Collingwood in the past three years has been either overblown or made-up as you have just shown.What do you mean by that? :confused:From what I heard on the radio, both must have been reported then, so I felt he could have been a member of any of six clubs betting on either on the quarter outcome of two matches.

Beams involvement with Kim Duthie has more than been confirmed. He was actually in a relationship with her when the whole thing turned to crap.

Beams involvement with Kim Duthie has more than been confirmed. He was actually in a relationship with her when the whole thing turned to crap.

Well if it's been 'more than confirmed' it shouldn't be too hard to dig up some of said confirmation?

What involvement? :confused: More made-up unfounded rubbish? This is a perfect example of what I had said. Apart from Heath Shaw's foolish $10 bet, any controversy involving Collingwood in the past three years has been either overblown or made-up as you have just shown.What do you mean by that? :confused:From what I heard on the radio, both must have been reported then, so I felt he could have been a member of any one of six clubs (even Carlton who had the bye) betting on the outcome of a quarter quad match, which I heard there were only two matches that applied to. I suppose more info will follow in time.

Keep deluding yourself. Its not unfounded, neither is it illegal , though Kim seemed to end up with a pretty poor opinion of Beams so maybe there was more to the story. The Collingwood spin doctors kept it out of the media, so it never happened. :rolleyes:

This thread isnt even about Collingwood, so if you shut up about Collingwood maybe people will stop making up :rolleyes: things about Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back