Science/Environment Anti-vacc Crazies at it again. Post appropriate outrage ITT

Remove this Banner Ad

It might be news to you that there is a world wide shortage of IC Nurses. Guess why?
Mate i work at the hospital i mentioned in my post above. Im giving an insight into whats happening. I watched my ex struggle to get employment as a nurse after graduating here during the outbreak of the pandemic, simply because she was born in Nepal. If you're going to ask a condescending sarcastic question you can cram it.

That’s actually how the quote goes, kind of combined it with the idea that one of the defining features of fascism is it’s need to make the majority hate a minority. In the case of present day Australia, the unvaxxed.
Again this is something they choose to do. We ostracise other groups for behaviour choices - public drunkenness, criminal behaviour, we already have no jab no play edicts so I fail to see a difference.

And yes I had just as much hate for those who claimed measles vaccination gave autism. Would happily push that campaigner Wakefield off a cliff.

No longer care if people think I’m cool or not. The antivax mandates aren’t my responsibility. I do not and will not be guilted into giving a sh*t. I have a finite amount of empathy to give.
Probably need a long holiday. Maybe you have ptsd. I meant people spitting on you isn’t cool.

Division of society in this way is the actually worst effect of Corona virus. If a foreign nation invaded us we would be weak due to the divisive politics.
And to be honest it’s looking a hell of a lot more likely to with the drums beating over Ukraine.
If Russia truly intends on taking Ukraine its a reflection of how weak and divided our society is perceived to be.
If it doesn’t , it’s a reflection of how monstrous our medias are talking up chances of a war without giving a damn if it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Probably need a long holiday. Maybe you have ptsd. I meant people spitting on you isn’t cool.

Division of society in this way is the actually worst effect of Corona virus. If a foreign nation invaded us we would be weak due to the divisive politics.
And to be honest it’s looking a hell of a lot more likely to with the drums beating over Ukraine.
If Russia truly intends on taking Ukraine its a reflection of how weak and divided our society is perceived to be.
If it doesn’t , it’s a reflection of how monstrous our medias are talking up chances of a war without giving a damn if it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
Agree that media is irresponsible with no controls or oversight just opinion pieces. Idk what to do about this.

Agree that media is irresponsible with no controls or oversight just opinion pieces. Idk what to do about this.
Was it one of the Fox media people, Carlson or somebody who got off a defamation case because his defence was nobody really believes it as fact it is just opinion.

Was it one of the Fox media people, Carlson or somebody who got off a defamation case because his defence was nobody really believes it as fact it is just opinion.
Carlson successfully played the only an idiot would be believe me defense. The Trump STOP THE STEAL lawyers have tried the same, not sure if it worked for them, maybe they're still in the courts.

I'm sure there's others. Probably needs a proper legal review to look at what a 'reasonable person' is because when you have millions of people who spend all their time choosing to be informed by these clowns not for entertainment but for their world view, there's got to be a duty of care.

You only have to look on Bigfooty to see all sorts of people who think they have a serious world view that is informed by this kind of dangerous nonsense. There probably needs to be some kind of protections for these childlike adults who are not only a danger to themselves but also to the general public when they'll believe absolutely anything that these grifters sell.

Carlson successfully played the only an idiot would be believe me defense. The Trump STOP THE STEAL lawyers have tried the same, not sure if it worked for them, maybe they're still in the courts.

I'm sure there's others. Probably needs a proper legal review to look at what a 'reasonable person' is because when you have millions of people who spend all their time choosing to be informed by these clowns not for entertainment but for their world view, there's got to be a duty of care.

You only have to look on Bigfooty to see all sorts of people who think they have a serious world view that is informed by this kind of dangerous nonsense. There probably needs to be some kind of protections for these childlike adults who are not only a danger to themselves but also to the general public when they'll believe absolutely anything that these grifters sell.
I find it disturbing that we have so much legislation and restrictions placed on what we eat and drink in order to protect our health yet we have only token measures and protections in place to protect us from what we see and read in the media.
Mental heath and physical health are one in the same, they can't be de-compartmentalised.
And I'm not talking about choice here either. As a worker in the food industry there is very strict legislation about what we can serve to people.
In comparison it's the Wild West in the media/social media industry.

I find it disturbing that we have so much legislation and restrictions placed on what we eat and drink in order to protect our health yet we have only token measures and protections in place to protect us from what we see and read in the media.
Mental heath and physical health are one in the same, they can't be de-compartmentalised.
And I'm not talking about choice here either. As a worker in the food industry there is very strict legislation about what we can serve to people.
In comparison it's the Wild West in the media/social media industry.
Critical thinking skills are the only decent defence against the ever present bulldust that is the media. Anything else compromises openness and freedom.

Critical thinking skills are the only decent defence against the ever present bulldust that is the media. Anything else compromises openness and freedom.
At the moment we have a media which believes that every logical statement based on fact should be balanced by an illogical statement based on lies.
A media that will fight for it's right to lie in the name of "balance" in court.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the moment we have a media which believes that every logical statement based on fact should be balanced by an illogical statement based on lies.
A media that will fight for it's right to lie in the name of "balance" in court.
I’m not sure of your political leaning but I’m sure your bias is towards that side of politics. I say it’s damn near all tripe. Both sides lie, both sides further thier agendas and at best find only facts that fit or worse use half truths, unnamed sources, manipulated statistics etc

I’m not sure of your political leaning but I’m sure your bias is towards that side of politics. I say it’s damn near all tripe. Both sides lie, both sides further thier agendas and at best find only facts that fit or worse use half truths, unnamed sources, manipulated statistics etc

This thread is about the antivax madness.

Surely its the antivax/antiscience versus Vaccination/Medical science.

The media should go with the verifiable pear group reviewed research, rather than the politicised RWNJ's who infest social media & some MSM like Fox etc.

This thread is about the antivax madness.

Surely its the antivax/antiscience versus Vaccination/Medical science.

The media should go with the verifiable pear group reviewed research, rather than the politicised RWNJ's who infest social media & some MSM like Fox etc.
Even McGowan had to admit double vac had only 4% effectiveness against omicron. Who wants to risk heart troubles for 4% protection against a disease less serious than a flu.

Even McGowan had to admit double vac had only 4% effectiveness against omicron. Who wants to risk heart troubles for 4% protection against a disease less serious than a flu.
I call BS on that one!
Figures please.

Added
"The preliminary data about omicron and vaccines is coming in quickly and is revealing lower vaccine effectiveness. Best estimates suggest vaccines are around 30%-40% effective at preventing infections and 70% effective at preventing severe disease." Boosters do help significantly, including against newest variants - Early data indicate vaccines still protect against Omicron’s sister variant, BA.2

So I'm not sure what your 4% figure means. Perhaps it's the average number of neurons in an antivaxxer brain compared to a normal human brain?

Last edited:

If he says that the vaccines are only 4% effective, then its a classic case of why you don't go to your local MP when you feel ill.
I don't believe for a second that any personal opinion you have made is swayed by anything McGowan has or hasn't said.

Its also funny that you trust your body to overcome Covid19, but not for the much lesser risk of heart inflammation caused by the vaccines.

I'd suggest this is either a gaff by McGowan ( in the vein of the National guy suggesting you can't get wind power at night ), or its poor reporting or a typo in the news.

Its meant to say 40-64%.
A range of 4-68% is nearly as stupid as a range of 0-100%.

Either way , its something you'd expect an "aware" mind to detect.

I was just going by the press conference I watched ( the one where he kept borders shut longer) where to encourage us to get a third vaccine, cos 2 only had a 4% protection rate. Didn’t sound like a gaff at the time at all. Not my fault the state premier is spreading disinformation. I guess it must be confusing to keep a consistent message when the data contradicts your propaganda at times.

Last edited:
I see a protester or two in Canberra ( that’s our Australian capital lads!) waving their ‘Make America Great Again’ ‘Trump’ flags.
Che?

Politics is a different kettle of fish to the media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back