List Mgmt. Are our key position woes overblown?

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of resigning I see our priorities as Adams Elliott Philips and Sier in that order. Then daylight. Can’t see any of them being a flight risk personally so hopefully contract season is smooth.
Daylight and then Max Lynch, probably. We’re thin for backup ruck options and he seems to be progressing.

A well reasoned post

I think like all clubs we could certainly add some depth to our KP stocks
S Reid will help and I've heard (rumour) we are deep in discussions with another

I agree it is not as dire as some on here would have everyone believe
Why would we want Sam Reid???!!! How would adding another semi permanently injured player to our list help??? Discontinue deep discussions please!

Cheaper option than Buddy?
If we take buddy on I'd expect Sydney to keep a fair amount of his contract on their books. Would probably end up being around the same mark.

Like Dees and Woewodin. Us with Heater to GWS.

Those guys weren’t 33 years old, on $1.5 mil per year for the last three years of a nine year contract.

For the Swans to succcesfuly get rid of buddy they will have to sacrifice almost $1 mil in salary cap a year. Which defeats the purpose of lightening up the salary cap impost.

Won’t happen. Swans bought Buddy on credit card, and now the interest bill is mounting up. They are stuck with this problem and will have to tighten their belts to pay the bills.

Clubs will take advantage of this and target other players instead. Players the swans can’t afford to keep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back