Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
You’re in the bottom 2 and you find out your club has basically delisted a club champion and two time AA despite the fact he’s 29. Yeah Daniel Talia has had some injuries but he’s not 33 and he’s clearly best 22. I can understand delisting Tom Lynch but he’s also best 22.

It looked like they’ve been turning things around but, no, obviously they’re still in shambles. If I was a Crows fan I’d be absolutely pissed. They’re supposed to be building and they’ve just given their best defender away to probably one of the 16 clubs better than them currently on the ladder.

Between the whole Tex thing, the camp crap, some of their off field decisions are really astounding. Has this club done anything good in the past 4 years with the exception of drafting Thilthorpe? They even screwed that up because they tried to pick Jamarra first..

Pride of South Australia yep ok 🥱

Last edited:

Calm down mate

It’s clear we are focusing on youth for the future, I understand that Lynch and Talia have been fantastic for us for the last few years but realistically they’ve struggled to be on the park with their injuries where Talia may never play again or be very limited.

You can’t continue to be playing guys who are in their 30’s in the team and neglect youth.

You’re in the bottom 2 and you find out your club has basically delisted a club champion and two time AA despite the fact he’s 29. Yeah Daniel Talia has had some injuries but he’s not 33 and he’s clearly best 22. I can understand delisting Tom Lynch but he’s also best 22.

It looked like they’ve been turning things around but, no, obviously they’re still in shambles. If I was a Crows fan I’d be absolutely pissed. They’re supposed to be building and they’ve just given their best defender away to probably one of the 16 clubs better than them currently on the ladder.

Between the whole Tex thing, the camp crap, some of their off field decisions are really astounding. Has this club done anything good in the past 5 years with the exception of drafting Thilthorpe? They even screwed that up because they tried to pick Jamarra first..

Hi Daniel. I'm sure you'll make it elsewhere

the funniest part is they refuse to state whether or not their racist captain is going to play on next year, all while making decisions on players who have plenty left in the tank and aren't racists [citation needed]

Our new ceo initally was more forgiving however Nicks was pretty gutted/angry. Give it time but I doubt Walker returns.

Its a bad look though to get rid of a club champion yet say nothing on Walker, as wel; the C grader MacKay.

Our new ceo initally was more forgiving however Nicks was pretty gutted/angry. Give it time but I doubt Walker returns.

Its a bad look though to get rid of a club champion yet say nothing on Walker, as wel; the C grader MacKay.
Agreed - in some sort of fairness to the Crows the AFL should’ve taken it out of the clubs hands and handed down a more severe punishment

Calm down mate

It’s clear we are focusing on youth for the future, I understand that Lynch and Talia have been fantastic for us for the last few years but realistically they’ve struggled to be on the park with their injuries where Talia may never play again or be very limited.

You can’t continue to be playing guys who are in their 30’s in the team and neglect youth.
?

You seen Geelong the past 5 years? No premiership or high draft picks to show for it but you’re no guarantee to win it all even if you had 20+ first rounders like Gold Coast over the years

Are you cool with accepting mediocrity?

?

You seen Geelong the past 5 years? No premiership or high draft picks to show for it but you’re no guarantee to win it all even if you had 20+ first rounders like Gold Coast over the years

Accepting mediocrity would be keeping a 29 year old KPD that has been riddled with injuries for the better part of 2 years. The guy has literally not gotten close to playing this season. His body is shot. Best case he gets his body right for a season and plays in a bottom 4 side in place of a guy like Jordan Butts who has played every game this season and is developing very well.

Keeping Talia doesn't help Adelaide rebuild or develop a playing list.

Nevermind that we have other developing defenders in the SANFL that need to get a go too.

Adelaide's problems are midfield, midfield and midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Between the whole Tex thing, the camp crap, some of their off field decisions are really astounding. Has this club done anything good in the past 4 years with the exception of drafting Thilthorpe? They even screwed that up because they tried to pick Jamarra first..

He is EXTREMELY lucky to be dual AA.

2014 was well deserved, but Robbie Tarrant (who has zero AA’s bizarrely) was much better than Talia in 2016.

Not surprised Adelaide have cut him at this point honestly. They are clearly focused on the next generation.

People were saying the same thing about North Melbourne at the end of last season.

Clearing out the older blokes seems to be working out okay for them.

Depends on who you clear out? We cleared out more than a dozen who have been around for at least 6 years being mediocre.

?

12 player 30+, captain and spearhead 34 in 2022, be careful before you gloat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back