Game Day Around The Grounds - Rnds 0 - 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers have Port away, Dogs, Crows away, Collingwood. Not the easiest month. Would do well to win 2 of those but could lose them all.

Bizarrely found myself wanting the Bombers to win this. Must have been Ross “park the bus” Lyon’s amazing tactics of trying to hold on to their quarter time lead!!!
Bugger that. Will never want the bombers to win under any circumstance.

Would happily watch Lyon park the bus and win 1 - 0

Riley Bonner 17 turnovers wtf lol

In 3 games maybe. He went at 65% today so they can't have been in one game.

Edit: It was. How does that work? Counting fumbles?

I'm feeling better about our prospects the more I watch other teams. Sydney are the big worry, Giants and Dees close. That's it really. Top 4 seeming very doable and then it's an open flag race.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm feeling better about our prospects the more I watch other teams. Sydney are the big worry, Giants and Dees close. That's it really. Top 4 seeming very doable and then it's an open flag race.

It’s simple for us.

Finish top 4 BUT must play in Melbourne if so very confident of playing in the GF.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m wondering why you are more worried about Sydney than GWS, ODN?

I shouldn't be because GWS are stronger on every line. Swans have got a hard edge back to them though. It's a long season so we shall see.

I shouldn't be because GWS are stronger on every line. Swans have got a hard edge back to them though. It's a long season so we shall see.
I really think Sydney are gettable around and behind the ball. Papley, McDonald and Heeney is plenty of xfactor ahead of it, but around the ball they rely on being just good enough inside and sensational outside; deprive them of supply and they need to carry the ball from end to end to score and they're good but not so good as to do it sustainably for 4 terms.

GWS absolutely are able to move the ball from back half to front half by hand or foot without ******* it up, and absolutely have the grunt to beat us around the footy for an entire match.

It's going to be an interesting year.

I really think Sydney are gettable around and behind the ball. Papley, McDonald and Heeney is plenty of xfactor ahead of it, but around the ball they rely on being just good enough inside and sensational outside; deprive them of supply and they need to carry the ball from end to end to score and they're good but not so good as to do it sustainably for 4 terms.

GWS absolutely are able to move the ball from back half to front half by hand or foot without ******* it up, and absolutely have the grunt to beat us around the footy for an entire match.

It's going to be an interesting year.

Modern footy is more about system than talent, and that's where I rate Sydney.

They do have some players up and going who are known to be inconsistent, Hayward and McInerney come to mind immediately. Grundy makes a massive difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back