Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 16 - 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking today you can see Clarko moving to the suns in 2023 and AFL pushing the coaches salary outside the cap . Because if they don't do something with the administration up there they will be a revolving door again and Clarkson keeps a tight rein over the whole of football operations .. can't just keep throwing draft compensation at them today was very bad ..

Do you think this, or do you know this?

Just an observation, based on his on field demeanor in games against the Suns. here has to be attitude as well as performance based reasons why the Suns dropped him.

His first few games were out of the world/insanely good and often I wonder if all the hype and buzz surrounding him after that got this head.

Maybe being arrogant/full of himself was a bit harsh, I certainly don't think he works hard enough on field, and has been like that for most of the season.

Frustrates me seeing a player who has the natural talent and ability to one day being the best player in the game (or close to it) not putting in the hard yakking required for his potential to he fulfilled.

If he actually applied himself and trained and worked as hard as our Sammy Walsh he would be an almost unstoppable weapon in this league. (Granted I have rarely seen such a player come into this league young or otherwise who is such a training and hard working beast like Walsh. Extraordinary and we are blessed to have him.

Just an observation, based on his on field demeanor in games against the Suns. here has to be attitude as well as performance based reasons why the Suns dropped him.

His first few games were out of the world/insanely good and often I wonder if all the hype and buzz surrounding him after that got this head.

Maybe being arrogant/full of himself was a bit harsh, I certainly don't think he works hard enough on field, and has been like that for most of the season.

Frustrates me seeing a player who has the natural talent and ability to one day being the best player in the game (or close to it) not putting in the hard yakking required for his potential to he fulfilled.

If he actually applied himself and trained and worked as hard as our Sammy Walsh he would be an almost unstoppable weapon in this league. (Granted I have rarely seen such a player come into this league young or otherwise who is such a training and hard working beast like Walsh. Extraordinary and we are blessed to have him.
The reason for my asking is that sometimes I think you are remarkably selective with your empathy.

It's not been the easiest first three years to start your AFL career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason for my asking is that sometimes I think you are remarkably selective with your empathy.

It's not been the easiest first three years to start your AFL career.

Perhaps, but I am unaware of any off field issues or difficulties facing Rankine, just an observation of how he is performing on field.

I feel frustrated watching him because as I say, I think he has the potential to be the best player in the game, and most of his form this season has been disappointing.

If he has faced issues/problems settling up there, of course I should cut him some slack..

I could be wrong but I think the Suns have put in enough resources and people up there to make most of their young players happy.

Anyhow wish nothing but the best for Rankine.

This smashing hawthorn are handing Brisbane it would be fitting of Clarko retired effective immediately .. good way to leave they look like hawks of old

Was it the Swans?
They are the absolute best in the comp at getting away with kicks that are not even 10 metres let alone 15 metres.

Nah, it was a kick in the back line for *. It looked like the ball barely traveled 8 meters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back