Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fill the void with football. That old chestnut hey Gonz.
What ****ing void?
You’re such a lying dullard.
We can see through your nonsense mate and you hate us for it, for millennia , not one hominid needed a Jesus, millennia later, the story remains the same.
Being a Catholic, you belong to the biggest pedophile ring on the planet, that was always their first order of business after protecting their wealth, another racket, how does it feel to be in a mafia style operation like the RCC?

So faith is nothing more than what one hopes the case to be. Of no more worth than a placebo.
It is derived by a true and meaningful personal relationship with Jesus, often after seeing other peoples' lives dramatically changed by this same relationship.
Anything before that is usually nominal, or based on upbringing, and thereby second-hand.

Pretty soft to count this thread as persecution. Do you win an extra Jesus scarf in the afterlife for your work here?
Was commenting on TP who suggested reasons we get lambasted on this thread.
To your second point, as long as Jesus is happy with my motives, things are ok. Sometimes I question my own motives for hanging around here.

It is derived by a true and meaningful personal relationship with Jesus, often after seeing other peoples' lives dramatically changed by this same relationship.
Anything before that is usually nominal, or based on upbringing, and thereby second-hand.
Yeah those words are meaningless.

Yeah those words are meaningless.
For you, yes. If you have no need for purpose, peace of mind, freedom from sin, then of course Jesus may not be for you. He came for sinners, and I have already been told most of you don't believe in God, and hence you don't believe in sin.

You don’t have a relationship with anyone long dead, it’s pure fantasy, delusional and a mental health problem, go seek help!

Last edited:
For you, yes. If you have no need for purpose, peace of mind, freedom from sin, then of course Jesus may not be for you. He came for sinners, and I have already been told most of you don't believe in God, and hence you don't believe in sin.
You can't offend a god that doesn't exist.

The problem with sin is that there's no universally agreed rules. You're sinning against the other Abrahamic religions by deifying Jesus.

Pretty much. Now if you could just ask your less tolerant brethren to stop trying to force it down our throats and stop trying to whiteant secular public education in this country we can move forward.

You can't offend a god that doesn't exist.

The problem with sin is that there's no universally agreed rules. You're sinning against the other Abrahamic religions by deifying Jesus.
so be it.
If it wasn't for Jesus, I would not have had the privilege of encountering the likes of you. And yes, it is a privilege.

so be it.
If it wasn't for Jesus, I would not have had the privilege of encountering the likes of you. And yes, it is a privilege.
You may have had the joy of encountering me on a gameday thread even without Jesus. Given that Geelong are a bogey team for us, it likely would have been more enjoyable for you than me.

You may have had the joy of encountering me on a gameday thread even without Jesus. Given that Geelong are a bogey team for us, it likely would have been more enjoyable for you than me.
I rarely go beyond the Geelong Board.
I did encounter Total Power on the Federer GOAT thread, and we strongly disagreed there. He is a Nadal lover, which is fair enough, but to the complete lack of appreciation of anything Fed has done. Anyway, each to his own. They were my recollections back then. I may be misrepresenting him.

My son in law, his whole family, and now his 2 sons are all Bombers supporters, so I have a soft spot for them. Except his wife still upholds our family tradition.

You are guilty of sin and you continue to sin because you support a church and a religion that allows children to be raped by those employed by your religion

I for one hope that for you Hell is real and you are consigned there to rot for eternity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are guilty of sin and you continue to sin because you support a church and a religion that allows children to be raped by those employed by your religion

I for one hope that for you Hell is real and you are consigned there to rot for eternity
Big strong words for a complete stranger to bestow upon another stranger.
The highlighted is true. Because I am a human. However, with the help of Jesus, sin is able to be defeated.

I did encounter Total Power on the Federer GOAT thread, and we strongly disagreed there. He is a Nadal lover, which is fair enough, but to the complete lack of appreciation of anything Fed has done. Anyway, each to his own. They were my recollections back then. I may be misrepresenting him.

My son in law, his whole family, and now his 2 sons are all Bombers supporters, so I have a soft spot for them. Except his wife still upholds our family tradition.
I'm more of a Fed fan myself. I can't think of anyone else who makes the game look so easy. I'd accept either of those two, Djokovic, or Sampras to be the goat from players I've seen.

Very unbelievable.
567 pages of this and you still need to ask questions.
It is clear.
Obviously it's not clear, looking at you jumping about how OT is irrelevant to Christians, how you claimed sin is the source of disease and misery in the world. Confused much? OT is very relevant to Christians, moral laws STILL apply and all your heathens agree as well, the fact that you don't know about this shows you basically have no idea about Christianity, outside of the odd cherry picking verses you read.

You haven;t answered the 2 basic questions that i asked multiple times.

1. What are the characteristics of your deity

2. If Morality comes from your deity, what exactly is 'sin'?

All i hear is crickets!

What you fail to grasp is faith is NOT derived necessarily by knowledge, research, science, evidence or persuasion.
Hah! when someone orders you to rape, by our human standards we call them a pervert or a criminal, it's only through faith you can claim there must be a good reason to rape. Faith can make you do amazing things, just look at the billions Christians killed globally already.

And knowledge and history DOES matter. A verse written 1000 years after Christ, got little to do with Christ himself. Most of the verses that you read in the NT doesn't belong to the NT. Most of it been added much later by your church fathers. Great Commission, Mark 16:9-20, John 7:53 etc being the prime example. These verses got nothing to do with Jesus himself, these are made up verses which you guys claim to be authentic. FFS even the Catholic church admits it.

And you have NO IDEA about my knowledge of scripture.
Very clear idea that you basically know nothing. It was apparent when you quoted an OT verse which meant for Israelis only and claimed it applied to Christians. Then you claimed OT laws don't apply to christians and only to Jews. How misguided could you possibly be??? You don't even know the very basis of your fundamentalist belief.

I have given you ample opportunities to provide scriptural defense to your argument but you have presented NONE outside of tele-evangilical means and putting words in peoples mouth.

The reason we are abused by your types is completely predictable and more evidence of the power of Jesus.
Just like i abuse the Muslims and Hindus you mean? So i wish to be Muslim , Hindu and Christian at the same time? get off your high horse, you have been completely exposed in this thread.

You have been a Christian for 40 years and i seem to know more about Christianity than you. This speaks volumes about your 'knowledge'. Maybe read on the context the verses before flapping your gums?

Last edited:
I give you appropriate verses but I am cherry-picking.
When I give you personal salvation stories, I am not scriptural.
Sadly you are hard-hearted, and have "escaped" something for whatever reasons, but it should be Jesus Himself that you seek, not people who let you down, or years of chasing your tail in reading. Study Jesus and invite Him in your life. That is the essence of Christianity. You guys make it so tough for yourselves.

And awesome win last night- possibly the GF preview, imho. Doggies may bark at that...

Cherry picking haha, that's all you have done. Without understanding the context of those verses again or how Bible was constructed by your church fathers.

CAN WE GET one thing CLEAR once and for ALL? seeking God, doesn't mean seeking your deity. I am NOT seeking your deity, you think your deity means the god/universal God. This is your deity, your interpretation, this is your belief system. I am NOT seeking your deity. I have no desire to seek a murderous torturous, attention seeking angry deity which i escaped from. I am not angry, i am actually happy that i am in this position where i can see your cult works, from outside the box. I have explained to you a 100 times why Bible is absurd, why it's full of egg shells, why it's full of ***** written by primitive people for primitive people that even manipuated by the Church fathers. Just read up on the favourite christian verse "let the first person without a sin throw the stone", this has been added a lot later, wasn't a part of the original Gospel. Bible is full of it! you just don't know what's real and what's not.

No one in right their sense of mind would follow your version of the deity, unless they are fearful. Which is why clearly why you are obedient. You dont have a copyright on God, never did and never will.

And yet again you continue to put words in peoples mouth. I AM NOT SEEKING FUNDAMENTALIST belief. I am not seeking anything. Beliefs like yours are harmful, i explained a 100 times why it is harmful yet you continue to claim that i am seeking. Stop leading people on with evanglical means, it works on halfwits doesn't work on the intelligent ones. I am seeking Jesus as much as i am seeking Allah or Thor. I am not seeking harmful belief systems, you are way off target there, again! You have failed to justify any questions i asked you and resorted to one and only 'you are seeking Jesus' argument or '2b people can't be wrong'. You don't understand anything actually. You don't understand the context what you are quoting, or even the verses you read. Outside of being a parrot what do you do?

Personal salvation stories ah! i have touched on that multiple times already. Imagine how special you and your mob are. Jesus doesnt appear to Mother teresa but appears to you and your wife.

Your deity simply doesn't exist, the proof is in the pudding, there is no tangible evidence outside of 'personal relationship' which every religion claims (with their god) but never a tangible evidence.

Last edited:

My new love is Jannik Sinner. Just the last name did it for me.

And you are right about fed, he is vastly overrated.

And to each his own hey? unless it comes to your fundamentalist belief system, then one must seek your deity..orelse..? LOL you are seriously a hypocrite lol

Accuse others of being angry and then failed to see how angry Jesus/YWH was all throughout the Bible. Jeez however angry i am, i never threaten anyone with harsh consequences , let alone eternal suffering. I do not wish harm on anyone, however angry i am. Let alone curse his whole creation for eternity, demand respect and worship. You have the cheek to call others 'angry'. As i said, the ironing is delicious in each and every post you make. The sad fact is, you actually believe in what you type .

You will keep resorting to evanglical means, however i understand why you believe what you believe. It's mostly out of fear and temptation of eternal life. Sadly your deity doesn't exist (not talking about a god, but your deity) and you have wasted your one and only life living in fear and slavery.

Why would anyone choose to live like you? you claim everyone should, but yet again, you are way off target, you can only convince halfwits with it. There is a reason why Christianity is the fastest declining religion in all developed countries, people are realising the con with education and you can't stop the rot.

Last edited:
Cherry picking haha, that's all you have done. Without understanding the context of those verses again or how Bible was constructed by your church fathers.

CAN WE GET one thing CLEAR once and for ALL? seeking God, doesn't mean seeking your deity. I am NOT seeking your deity, you think your deity means the god/universal God. This is your deity, your interpretation, this is your belief system. I am NOT seeking your deity. I have no desire to seek a murderous torturous, attention seeking angry deity which i escaped from. I am not angry, i am actually happy that i am in this position where i can see your cult works, from outside the box. I have explained to you a 100 times why Bible is absurd, why it's full of egg shells, why it's full of ***** written by primitive people for primitive people that even manipuated by the Church fathers. Just read up on the favourite christian verse "let the first person without a sin throw the stone", this has been added a lot later, wasn't a part of the original Gospel. Bible is full of it! you just don't know what's real and what's not.

No one in right their sense of mind would follow your version of the deity, unless they are fearful. Which is why clearly why you are obedient. You dont have a copyright on God, never did and never will.

And yet again you continue to put words in peoples mouth. I AM NOT SEEKING FUNDAMENTALIST belief. I am not seeking anything. Beliefs like yours are harmful, i explained a 100 times why it is harmful yet you continue to claim that i am seeking. Stop leading people on with evanglical means, it works on halfwits doesn't work on the intelligent ones. I am seeking Jesus as much as i am seeking Allah or Thor. I am not seeking harmful belief systems, you are way off target there, again! You have failed to justify any questions i asked you and resorted to one and only 'you are seeking Jesus' argument or '2b people can't be wrong'. You don't understand anything actually. You don't understand the context what you are quoting, or even the verses you read. Outside of being a parrot what do you do?

Personal salvation stories ah! i have touched on that multiple times already. Imagine how special you and your mob are. Jesus doesnt appear to Mother teresa but appears to you and your wife.

Your deity simply doesn't exist, the proof is in the pudding, there is no tangible evidence outside of 'personal relationship' which every religion claims (with their god) but never a tangible evidence.
All I can do is present the living Christ as He is in peoples' lives every day, even today, despite your protests. I am not going to be played, and will leave you with your accusatory comments and anger to simmer down. I am not here to present any evidence other than the power of the gospel message, nor to win any argument with you et al.

All I can do is present the living Christ as He is in peoples' lives every day, even today, despite your protests. I am not going to be played, and will leave you with your accusatory comments and anger to simmer down. I am not here to present any evidence other than the power of the gospel message, nor to win any argument with you et al.

LOL so you accept you are just an average tele-evangilical without any knowledge? good.

All you have done here is preach, without trying to defend the scriptures and present viable defense through theology.

The Bible itself is different, from version to version. Cause most of it been written by the Church fathers.

KJVNIV.png bjpfedgoebz.png KJV-comparison.png

I can go on if you wish to. If you can't see it's written by men for sheep like you...then i can't help you

Obviously it's not clear, looking at you jumping about how OT is irrelevant to Christians, how you claimed sin is the source of disease and misery in the world. Confused much? OT is very relevant to Christians, moral laws STILL apply and all your heathens agree as well, the fact that you don't know about this shows you basically have no idea about Christianity, outside of the odd cherry picking verses you read.

You haven;t answered the 2 basic questions that i asked multiple times.

1. What are the characteristics of your deity

2. If Morality comes from your deity, what exactly is 'sin'?

All i hear is crickets!

Hah! when someone orders you to rape, by our human standards we call them a pervert or a criminal, it's only through faith you can claim there must be a good reason to rape. Faith can make you do amazing things, just look at the billions Christians killed globally already.

And knowledge and history DOES matter. A verse written 1000 years after Christ, got little to do with Christ himself. Most of the verses that you read in the NT doesn't belong to the NT. Most of it been added much later by your church fathers. Great Commission, Mark 16:9-20, John 7:53 etc being the prime example. These verses got nothing to do with Jesus himself, these are made up verses which you guys claim to be authentic. FFS even the Catholic church admits it.

Very clear idea that you basically know nothing. It was apparent when you quoted an OT verse which meant for Israelis only and claimed it applied to Christians. Then you claimed OT laws don't apply to christians and only to Jews. How misguided could you possibly be??? You don't even know the very basis of your fundamentalist belief.

I have given you ample opportunities to provide scriptural defense to your argument but you have presented NONE outside of tele-evangilical means and putting words in peoples mouth.

Just like i abuse the Muslims and Hindus you mean? So i wish to be Muslim , Hindu and Christian at the same time? get off your high horse, you have been completely exposed in this thread.

You have been a Christian for 40 years and i seem to know more about Christianity than you. This speaks volumes about your 'knowledge'. Maybe read on the context the verses before flapping your gums?
The Gospel is the answer.
The OT IS, as I have reiterated, a very important set of writings. They must be as Jesus referred to them constantly. But they are not necessarily to be taken literally today. Note what I said.
But Jesus has come to bring us the Good News about Himself, and that is what we must focus on, using the OT writings as I said, as the basis for knowledge, like primary school.
Get it?

The Gospel is the answer.
The OT IS, as I have reiterated, a very important set of writings. They must be as Jesus referred to them constantly.

No it has not. As OT presents the character of the actual God. Not the (son) servant he sent later on. OT is God in it's truest form, his character is quite clear in the OT. Moral laws (like 10 commandments) still apply to Christians, along with other laws. Jesus himself stated many many times, uphold the laws Moses has given you in the OT. Jesus came to liberate through salvation, but didn't deny for once that these laws were equally as important. He speaks highly of Isiah too, another murderous thug.
But they are not necessarily to be taken literally today. Note what I said.
But Jesus has come to bring us the Good News about Himself, and that is what we must focus on, using the OT writings as I said, as the basis for knowledge, like primary school.
Get it?

See above. No fundie Christian would deny what i said above. Moral laws of OT is important, as without it there's no NT. Saying OT is only for the Jews shows you have NFI.

No it has not. As OT presents the character of the actual God. Not the (son) servant he sent later on. OT is God in it's truest form, his character is quite clear in the OT. Moral laws (like 10 commandments) still apply to Christians, along with other laws. Jesus himself stated many many times, uphold the laws Moses has given you in the OT. Jesus came to liberate through salvation, but didn't deny for once that these laws were equally as important. He speaks highly of Isiah too, another murderous thug.

See above. No fundie Christian would deny what i said above. Moral laws of OT is important, as without it there's no NT. Saying OT is only for the Jews shows you have NFI.
Are you annoyed that I actually like the OT?
I have not said it's only for Jews. You have serious comprehension issues. But if you only accepted the OT, and not the NT, this is Judaism. Simple truth.
We are liberated by the NT, yet the OT is fundamental to our faith and knowledge.

And if you think I'm some sort of evangelical teacher, surely you must recall that pastors and ministers have an excellent knowledge of the OT, and NT.

LOL so you accept you are just an average tele-evangilical without any knowledge? good.

All you have done here is preach, without trying to defend the scriptures and present viable defense through theology.

The Bible itself is different, from version to version. Cause most of it been written by the Church fathers.

View attachment 1099282View attachment 1099281View attachment 1099283

I can go on if you wish to. If you can't see it's written by men for sheep like you...then i can't help you
More gibberish.
Tele-evangelist!!!
You are truly bizarre.
My knowledge is fine.
Very happy you keep reading the Good Book though.
One day, you might discover the love and healing of a relationship with Jesus Himself.
Don't take it from any other man, discover Him for yourself, and if it's genuine that you have not been changed, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back