Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Simmons isn't a stretch 4 but a 6'9 point guard. Love his passing and win first, look good second attitude.

Needs to improve his d and develop a 3 point shot and pull ups. If he does that he will be a complete player.

Very excited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thon Maker would be a bench warmer in the NBL, overhyped by his idiot 'guardian'.

Deng Adel is the one we should be talking about as a future NBA player, he is a freak.

Yep, not getting a lot of love here, but is at a huge program in Louisville next year, we are probably spoiled for choice atm, but he is a much better prospect than Mills for example. He could be a first rounder still.

Could potentially mean Simmons plays the 4 for the Boomers down the track.

Another underwhelming performance by Thon today in the Canada All Star prep game, 8 points on 2/13 field goal attempts, however his younger brother Matur played well with 15 points.
I think we can consign Thon to the Ater Majok school of the overhyped, it wasn't even against a USA select team.

I wouldn't give up on him yet. He played a role he's not used to during the hoop summit. He's not strong enough yet and still has plenty to learn. It's a good lesson for him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think we can consign Thon to the Ater Majok school of the overhyped, it wasn't even against a USA select team.

I think your missing the point of what Maker's hype is actually about.

Its all potential, the numbers he puts up now are irrelevant.

Right now it's all about him learning about the game, where to position himself, finding how best to use his skills and to get better at everything he doesn't do well (which at the moment is a lot). He's also been playing basketball for four ******* years.

I think your missing the point of what Maker's hype is actually about.

Its all potential, the numbers he puts up now are irrelevant.

Right now it's all about him learning about the game, where to position himself, finding how best to use his skills and to get better at everything he doesn't do well (which at the moment is a lot). He's also been playing basketball for four ******* years.
If it's all about potential than Simmons should be getting far more attention. He could legitimately be a superstar at the next level. It's not even a question that he's an NBA calibre player. That's yet to be determined for Maker. This talk of him being a top 5 pick is way off.

If it's all about potential than Simmons should be getting far more attention.

He's a consensus top 3 pick for 2016, you'd almost not want any more hype than that. Its what Okafor's facing now. Everyone had him at no.1 for more than a year, only for his game to now be mercilessly critiqued on what he doesn't do more than talk about what he does do well.

This talk of him being a top 5 pick is way off.

That just seems like Aus media hyperbole. He's projects to a late-lottery to first round pick by most outlets. Depends on what he does now till the draft to see if his stock rises. Similar situation to Embiid.

I wouldn't give up on him yet. He played a role he's not used to during the hoop summit. He's not strong enough yet and still has plenty to learn. It's a good lesson for him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He is going to have to find 20 to 30 kilo, which can happen but hope he is 18 because if he is older might be a bit harder.

He's a consensus top 3 pick for 2016, you'd almost not want any more hype than that. Its what Okafor's facing now. Everyone had him at no.1 for more than a year, only for his game to now be mercilessly critiqued on what he doesn't do more than talk about what he does do well.

That just seems like Aus media hyperbole. He's projects to a late-lottery to first round pick by most outlets. Depends on what he does now till the draft to see if his stock rises. Similar situation to Embiid.

Whilst your point has some truth to it, it is not as clear cut as you make it out to be. Okafor is being criticised as he has large whole in his game, that being his defense. Right now he is a sieve on that end of the floor whereas Towns in comparison is strong in all area's but doesn't have the best post game of any draftee since Duncan like Okafor does.

As for Thon him reclassifying has hurt his draft stock more than anything else, which the Aus media has calmed down of him since he did that.

Random tidbit - Among players to play at least 1,000 minutes and who qualified for the minutes per game leaderboard (played at least 70% of team games/58 games), Dante Exum was statistically the worst player in the NBA this season, and among the worst of the three point era (1979-80 to present).

I know Exum is very young and likely still has a lot of growth and improvement left in him, but he really does need to grow and improve a lot as a player, too! The last player to be drafted top 5 and do so poorly early on was Nikoloz Tskitishvili, a similarly hyped teenaged foreigner who never lived up to his potential and ultimately didn't last very long in the league.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back