Australian basketball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Very rare that a small market team gets an NBL title. The last one was Wollongong in 2001.

The injury to Lee now looks likely to have cost Tassie the chance to beat the odds and be the next one, which is very unfortunate for them.
Not that I'm writing them off in game 5 after how well they have competed in the last few. But the odds swing back in United's favour now.

Delly was huge down the stretch last night. Meanwhile Tassie wasted one too many possessions after putting themselves in a winning position.

Very rare that a small market team gets an NBL title. The last one was Wollongong in 2001.

The injury to Lee now looks likely to have cost Tassie the chance to beat the odds and be the next one, which is very unfortunate for them.
Not that I'm writing them off in game 5 after how well they have competed in the last few. But the odds swing back in United's favour now.

Delly was huge down the stretch last night. Meanwhile Tassie wasted one too many possessions after putting themselves in a winning position.

Yeah definitely threw it away. Delly still has to do what he did but made some poor decisions. Two bad turnovers late.

Tyrese Proctor having an absolute stinker in the elite eight, currently 0/8... This bloke had late first early second round interest from a few NBA teams last year. Decided against it, returned to Duke putting him in a much weaker draft class this year, but has been so unimpressive he looks likely to go undrafted. This guy was looking like a future star a few years ago, what a disaster!!!

Giddeyup....
717d4bb5694e688b476a3c7bab433d5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Giddeyup....
717d4bb5694e688b476a3c7bab433d5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
... including his solid recent run of shooting continuing. 7/11 overall, 2/3 3P 👍

And Dante shooting a perfect 5/5 (3/3 3P) in Luka's Dallas's ending of the Rockets' winning streak.

Last-Tear Poa (an Aussie) being part of the LSU rotation is my excuse to mention the Iowa-LSU Elite 8 matchup that I am pretty pumped to watch

giphy.gif

Give the man credit he has put work into a weakness. Shooting over 51% from three when most seasons he was sub 30% is crazy improvement. Great sign for the Boomers, especially with both our bigs having range it really spreads the floor.

Tyrese Proctor having an absolute stinker in the elite eight, currently 0/8... This bloke had late first early second round interest from a few NBA teams last year. Decided against it, returned to Duke putting him in a much weaker draft class this year, but has been so unimpressive he looks likely to go undrafted. This guy was looking like a future star a few years ago, what a disaster!!!

Assuming Duke still want him another year won’t hurt with Flag & Maluach coming in.

The game against Houston can show he can play but he’s wildly inconsistent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give the man credit he has put work into a weakness. Shooting over 51% from three when most seasons he was sub 30% is crazy improvement. Great sign for the Boomers, especially with both our bigs having range it really spreads the floor.

just highlights even more what a sham simmons is too. I wonder if Dante hired any of his family members as shooting coach?

With dyson playing again and seemingly in pretty good form could he come into the boomers at the expense of Ingles?
Ingles seems like a glue kinda guy and you'd want him around the team but with giddey shooting better, mills back playing more minutes, reath and landale both able to knock down 3s is Ingles expendable?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

With dyson playing again and seemingly in pretty good form could he come into the boomers at the expense of Ingles?
Ingles seems like a glue kinda guy and you'd want him around the team but with giddey shooting better, mills back playing more minutes, reath and landale both able to knock down 3s is Ingles expendable?

tough calls by Goorj ahead

They probably all get picked.

When we get down to it, Jingles will play because he's a versatile defender and at worst a good bench option.

Ingles experience is invaluable. There is a place for Ingles and Daniels in the team. Ingles actually quite often defends the oppositions 4 in the limited minutes he plays at Orlando. He could quite easily do that at international level for limited minutes.

When we get down to it, Jingles will play because he's a versatile defender and at worst a good bench option.
Yeah I'm not saying I don't think he shouldn't play but he's close to the end and dyson is a much better defender.
The romanticism of him and mills going out together will come into play anyway

Yeah I'm not saying I don't think he shouldn't play but he's close to the end and dyson is a much better defender.
The romanticism of him and mills going out together will come into play anyway

Ok so we are agreeing then. Ingles to play but less minutes and Daniels to get more playing time. I think we'll go with a line-up of starting Exum, Giddey, Green, Landale and Reath and then bring Patty on to provide scoring off the bench. That way with rotations we can have Mills, Exum, Ingles, Kay and Jock on the court together at times which would be a benefit of having guys who know each other games so well playing together. Joe I think will spend time in other rotations defending the 4 position to allow Thybulle, Daniels and Green to defend the wings when we have a small ball line-up.

Ok so we are agreeing then. Ingles to play but less minutes and Daniels to get more playing time. I think we'll go with a line-up of starting Exum, Giddey, Green, Landale and Reath and then bring Patty on to provide scoring off the bench. That way with rotations we can have Mills, Exum, Ingles, Kay and Jock on the court together at times which would be a benefit of having guys who know each other games so well playing together. Joe I think will spend time in other rotations defending the 4 position to allow Thybulle, Daniels and Green to defend the wings when we have a small ball line-up.
I think Matisse and kay will spend more time guarding the 4 than Ingles but yeah thatll work when Joe gets minutes. Cant see him getting many tho, unless he gets a really hot hand

Do we need so much defensive depth for the wings? It’s FIBA ball, not the NBA.

Off the back of the WC, I think our weakness is our lack of scoring punch and versatility and we need to enhance this going into Paris.

If giddey and reath keep shooting well then that's a huge jump in offensive fire-power.
A real shame cotton didn't get citizenship .
But yeah we've got a lot of wing type players

Do we need so much defensive depth for the wings? It’s FIBA ball, not the NBA.

Off the back of the WC, I think our weakness is our lack of scoring punch and versatility and we need to enhance this going into Paris.
Yeah I agree.
I think Matisse and kay will spend more time guarding the 4 than Ingles but yeah thatll work when Joe gets minutes. Cant see him getting many tho, unless he gets a really hot hand

Ingles game does suit international play more than the NBA to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back