Australian Survivor 2024 Titans V Rebels

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of the comments in here are beyond pathetic. A guy is brave enough to say that he's not ok and people lay into him?

This is paternalistic bullshit.

It's his responsibility to have the self awareness of his own mental health. For someone who claimed to be so emotionally aware, clearly it wasn't the case.

If you're so empathetic and emotional that you can't bring yourself to vote someone out that you met a day ago on a game show and it reaches the point where you're crying from guilt and eventually have to fall on your own sword to save them... I just don't think you should have applied for the show, nor should the producers have selected you.

Don't have any issues with players who leave due to the conditions and emotional stress of being away from friends and family etc, I just think you're doing everyone a disservice if you know you're wired that way and still choose to go on a show like Survivor.

Just my take at least.

Last edited:

The idea someone should be able to know before going out there exactly how they're going to handle having no food, sleep, shelter, contact with loved ones, etc while playing a very intense game where you can trust no one is one of the more idiotic things I've read on this thread.

The idea someone should be able to know before going out there exactly how they're going to handle having no food, sleep, shelter, contact with loved ones, etc while playing a very intense game where you can trust no one is one of the more idiotic things I've read on this thread.

I disagree. I've experienced mental health challenges for my entire adult life. It's no one else's job to create a society that caters to me - it's up to me to understand my illness, my challenges, my triggers, and how I'm likely to react in certain scenarios, and it's entirely up to me to understand and mitigate the risk of putting myself in those scenarios.

Failure to have self awareness over your own mental health issues can be really dangerous, and we're past the point in our understanding of mental health where you get to wash your hands of any personal responsibility.

Last edited:
I disagree. I've experienced mental health challenges for my entire adult life. It's no one else's job to create a society that caters to me - it's up to me to understand my illness, my challenges, my triggers, and how I'm likely to react in certain scenarios, and it's entirely up to me to understand and mitigate the risk of putting myself in those scenarios.

Failure to have self awareness over your own mental health issues can be really dangerous, and we're past the point in our understanding of mental health where you get to wash your hands of any personal responsibility.
How is he washing his hands of personal responsibility though? He didn’t ask for any special treatment, he removed himself from the situation and left the game, forgoing any chance at winning. He didn’t say ‘I am not coping at the moment, let me miss a few tribals and come back in after I sort myself out’. You are annoyed he was in the game in the first place because this was a possibility?

Some of the comments in here are beyond pathetic. A guy is brave enough to say that he's not ok and people lay into him?
Most of the people who said anything negative was before the ad break. After the ad break was when he said mental health issues and most people have been pretty good about it since.

If you're so empathetic and emotional that you can't bring yourself to vote someone out that you met a day ago on a game show and it reaches the point where you're crying from guilt and eventually have to fall on your own sword to save them... I just don't think you should have applied for the show, nor should the producers have selected you.

Don't have any issues with players who leave due to the conditions and emotional stress of being away from friends and family etc, I just think you're doing everyone a disservice if you know you're wired that way and still choose to go on a show like Survivor.

Just my t

He was struggling mentally while meanwhile there was someone who was really enjoying being there who was in danger of being voted out. So he sacrificed himself. I think it was a decent thing to do.

I feel for Scott, he probably would've gone into the game knowing full well that he would be out of his comfort zone but being such a huge fan, how could he deny this once in a lifetime opportunity? He gave it a go, I give him huge props for that.

I didn't see the quit coming. As bad as it is to view that, he did the right thing.

Also hate Caroline saying "I can't trust Mark or Val after they're trying to get me out". I mean, come on. You blindsided Mark to get Viola. What did you expect to happen?

I can't really pinpoint all the alliances. It kinda looks like Caroline, Kitty and Eden have Alex in their alliance though? Jaden and Winna I have no idea who they're with but it seems like that group. And then Mark, Viola, Kirby, Rianna are a clear 4, same with Feras, Ray and Aileen as a 3 but those two groups seem to be working together. I'd expect the next 2 tribals to be getting Caroline and Kitty. After that I reckon lines will be drawn between Feras and Kirby.

I hate it when people quit, as it robs people who missed out and also the games of players in the game.

With that being said, it was clear as day he was looking after his mental health which was cactus. Good on him for putting himself first. Better to avoid a situation on in Survivor that doesn't end well.

Life of a person vastly outweighs the the games of others or 30 minutes entertainment of the public. You'd have to have zero lack of self awareness and empathy to think otherwise.

It's the responsibility of production to adequately screen people before they cast them.

Sad to read a couple of REALLY rank posts in this thread.

Last edited:
I didn't see the quit coming. As bad as it is to view that, he did the right thing.

Also hate Caroline saying "I can't trust Mark or Val after they're trying to get me out". I mean, come on. You blindsided Mark to get Viola. What did you expect to happen?

I can't really pinpoint all the alliances. It kinda looks like Caroline, Kitty and Eden have Alex in their alliance though? Jaden and Winna I have no idea who they're with but it seems like that group. And then Mark, Viola, Kirby, Rianna are a clear 4, same with Feras, Ray and Aileen as a 3 but those two groups seem to be working together. I'd expect the next 2 tribals to be getting Caroline and Kitty. After that I reckon lines will be drawn between Feras and Kirby.
Seemed like Jaden had stuck with Caroline/Kitty/Eden and Winna was definitely with Mark/Val.

Not sure where Kirby/Ri will end up aligning, likewise Alex. Feras/Ray/Aileen probably need to pick a side next tribal as well assuming it becomes a war between Caroline and Mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seemed like Jaden had stuck with Caroline/Kitty/Eden and Winna was definitely with Mark/Val.

Not sure where Kirby/Ri will end up aligning, likewise Alex. Feras/Ray/Aileen probably need to pick a side next tribal as well assuming it becomes a war between Caroline and Mark.
I think Kirby will get to decide realistically, she's the dominant partner. Same with Feras. Part of me thinks Feras and Kirby will be thinking "Let's get this minor squabble out of the way so the real war can begin"

Yeah that and both her and Kitty with the 'wanted to bring the group closer' explanation, despite leaving him out of the vote. Just clueless.

I think Kirby will get to decide realistically, she's the dominant partner. Same with Feras. Part of me thinks Feras and Kirby will be thinking "Let's get this minor squabble out of the way so the real war can begin"

Hoping to see it too.

Was good seeing them sit back and talk while watching the other convos. Like to think they'll be friends outside the game and respect each other's gameplay.

I expect Jaden to follow Winna and be aligned with him going forward, they were tight before the tribe swap and reckon they'll be tight again now they are together..

Obviously we never actually saw how any voting was going to go down so it's all guesswork though

How is he washing his hands of personal responsibility though? He didn’t ask for any special treatment, he removed himself from the situation and left the game, forgoing any chance at winning. He didn’t say ‘I am not coping at the moment, let me miss a few tribals and come back in after I sort myself out’. You are annoyed he was in the game in the first place because this was a possibility?

Maybe. I guess we don't know the details of his illness and any medication that he's on - it's pertinent though that the US version took a guy out on day 2 or 3 a few years ago because he'd come off medication for mental health, hadn't told production, and they deemed him an unacceptable risk.

I mentioned that we're responsible for not putting ourselves in scenarios that are high risk - I, for example, would never apply for Survivor, my mental health issues are far too extensive to be able to deal with it.

In the context of a tv show though, it's productions job to manage risk, and if he's been allowed on the show despite serious mental health issues (which we don't know how serious they are) - that's a massive failure of casting, and it's a massive risk unnecessarily introduced to the show. If he's left this show seriously mentally unwell (which again, we don't know), it's as serious as the Ross injury - potentially moreso, cos they arguably should've seen it coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back