Australian Vaccine Rollout

Remove this Banner Ad

They're not hesitant in NSW. They are lapping up AZ.

not any more

these are national, but show the move in ALLOCATION (not administration)

1630563064923.png

remember this includes the stocks of AZ that havent been able to be administered and are approaching expiration, but you can see the change in allocation starts in July.

As this shows from the feds, AZ was about 2/3 allocated in July-August, then 63% for Aug-Sept, but falling to just 10% in Oct-Dec

1630563186383.png

If AZ was in hot demand in NSW, they wouldnt be running the stocks down nationally

not any more

these are national, but show the move in ALLOCATION (not administration)

View attachment 1224157

remember this includes the stocks of AZ that havent been able to be administered and are approaching expiration, but you can see the change in allocation starts in July.

As this shows from the feds, AZ was about 2/3 allocated in July-August, then 63% for Aug-Sept, but falling to just 10% in Oct-Dec

View attachment 1224161

If AZ was in hot demand in NSW, they wouldnt be running the stocks down nationally
Yeah, I was just referencing what's happened so far. People weren't waiting, they were just getting it done.

Yeah, I was just referencing what's happened so far. People weren't waiting, they were just getting it done.

only because of two factors:

(1) NSW GP Network
the NSW numbers are juiced for AZ because the GP network has delivered 4.1m doses in NSW compared to 2.5m in Victoria. I posted an article on this last week, but essentially its due to fewer Vic GP's signing on, many refusing to do vax over the weekend, and as a result more vulnerability to supply shock

(2) Pfizer and the GP Network
Pfizer has only just recently become available via GP's. So yes, if you wanted something asap, a quick GP booking for AZ was your only option. Now however you can shop and wait for pfizer. This is why the upcoming months see the arse fall out of AZ numbers, if people have choice they choose pfizer

only because of two factors:

(1) NSW GP Network
the NSW numbers are juiced for AZ because the GP network has delivered 4.1m doses in NSW compared to 2.5m in Victoria. I posted an article on this last week, but essentially its due to fewer Vic GP's signing on, many refusing to do vax over the weekend, and as a result more vulnerability to supply shock

(2) Pfizer and the GP Network
Pfizer has only just recently become available via GP's. So yes, if you wanted something asap, a quick GP booking for AZ was your only option. Now however you can shop and wait for pfizer. This is why the upcoming months see the arse fall out of AZ numbers, if people have choice they choose pfizer
Can I just add to the Vic GP's not doing as many?

They were stuffed around badly by Fed rollout in April/May/. Deliveries not coming as promised or if they did get some, less than was ordered, 10 instead of 50 or none at all. GP staff had to cancel appointments, then reschedule. I personally know of three clinics that gave up and only restarted in June.

Can I just add to the Vic GP's not doing as many?

They were stuffed around badly by Fed rollout in April/May/. Deliveries not coming as promised or if they did get some, less than was ordered, 10 instead of 50 or none at all. GP staff had to cancel appointments, then reschedule. I personally know of three clinics that gave up and only restarted in June.
same still in qld.
frustrated patients booking at gp, and then no stock arriving.

same still in qld.
frustrated patients booking at gp, and then no stock arriving.
Hasn't been like that for a while. People need to grow up and get a jab.

Victorian GPs say doses of AstraZeneca are likely to go to waste, as some clinics called off vaccination sessions and patients cancelled bookings on Thursday.

Victorian GPs say doses of AstraZeneca are likely to go to waste, as some clinics called off vaccination sessions and patients cancelled bookings on Thursday.

It has. I know people who have been on the waiting list for months, still no jab.
You have to wait over three months for a GP appt for either jab in so e areas.
gps wont take bookings for non patients.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well QLD residents have been told not to under any circumstances take AZ, they've also been told it's preferable to wait 3 months to get vaccinated at the QLD state clinics than their GP...

What's the position on mix and matching between one Pfizer and one AZ? Won't be classed as fully vaccinated?
Split dosing is good, and would have been ideal to solve the excess AZ/later Pfizer delivery issue.

Canada used it to great effect.

It also confers the strongest and likely longest lasting immune response. However, the government rollout hasn't just been plagued with slowness but also uncertainty. Unfortunately, you can't make proper logisticsl arrangements under that kind of cloud. ATAGI is also very conservative.

A bit more to that article like:

Dr Todd Cameron, who owns three private clinics in Melbourne, said the latest recommendation that Pfizer was preferred for people under 60 was a "fatal blow" to public confidence in the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Dr Cameron had hoped to administer up to 700 doses at two vaccination sessions this weekend, but decided to cancel them after Thursday's announcement.

Maybe the Feds could have had a better messaging strategy or deliver vaccines on time and full earlier?

Last edited:
A bit more to that article like:

Dr Todd Cameron, who owns three private clinics in Melbourne, said the latest recommendation that Pfizer was preferred for people under 60 was a "fatal blow" to public confidence in the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Dr Cameron had hoped to administer up to 700 doses at two vaccination sessions this weekend, but decided to cancel them after Thursday's announcement.

Maybe the Feds could have had a better messaging strategy or deliver vaccines on time and full earlier?
Feds messages were 💩🏚, no doubt about that.

Name them.
Seriously?
They’re everywhere, you just need to be prepared to open your eyes. People stating that the vaccines aren’t just adding fuel to the fire but are creating the variants. Start with Luc Montagnier.

I’m sure your trusty “fact checkers” will set you straight though.
It’s a pity that Facebook / Bill Gates etc. didn’t invest heavily into big tobacco. They could have had an army of fact checkers telling you how great smoking is for you. I’m sure you would have been beating people off with a stick to be at the front of that queue as well.

My opinion is if you don't wanna get vaccinated it's your choice but don't expect to be on the same level when it comes to the relaxing of restrictions as the people who have got vaccinated.

:thumbsu:

This message was lost in the vaccination passport debate .... ask those debaters why?

RBXuZ1X.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back