Australian Vaccine Rollout

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not about processes and procedures, it’s about staff and experience

The federal government do not employ doctors and nurses, run serology labs, operate clinics. They have no domain expertise

The state health services should be running the rollout and the federal government should just get out of their way and provide support

GP’s are doing a s**t load better than the states. Look at QLD anc WA, just hopeless. Probably hit 4million by next week which is only 3 weeks behind schedule due to missing 3.1 million doses not delivered as anticipated. Pretty good effort to recover. Miles ahead of NZ, Taiwan etc who are in same position with zero or low COVID rates. Obviously behind the panic situations in Europe, Uk and US where there’s still a daily COVID death rate let alone large daily COVID numbers where the vax was the only hope to get out of it. As supply picks up so does the vax rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Apparently the fed govt doesn’t even have an idea of how many people are in disability care

Ms Edwards conceded that there was a "failure" initially to correctly estimate the size of the disability sector - residents and workers - who would need vaccinations as one of the priority groups.

Disturbing. The comments indicate that a bunch of boomers are sooking about AZ so they want to selfishly steal vaccines from younger people who have sacrificed more for them. Of course this will be allowed to happen because we are used to Boomers sooking to bend everything to their will in this country.

Apparently the fed govt doesn’t even have an idea of how many people are in disability care

Ms Edwards conceded that there was a "failure" initially to correctly estimate the size of the disability sector - residents and workers - who would need vaccinations as one of the priority groups.

Why are they even estimating when this data would be readily available to them?

Hmm..everyone is entitled to be wary of particular vaccines...but is it mandated that we should?..have one I mean..
not saying we should rattle of a plethora of excuses but without any COVID here and ...thankfully...closed borders... will flatten everything out..sometimes there are reasons why/why not...

The whole debacle with vaccine supply/ blood clots has killed confidence in the +50's in getting the jab.

At this rate, unless something changes borders will be lucky to be opening by December 2022.

Why are they even estimating when this data would be readily available to them?

With the shortage in supply of Pfizer they prioritised aged care for obvious reasons. Now they’ve got more Pfizer the disability sector can pick up.

The whole debacle with vaccine supply/ blood clots has killed confidence in the +50's in getting the jab.

At this rate, unless something changes borders will be lucky to be opening by December 2022.

We’re vaxing nearly 100k a day. Keep that up that 2million a month. ~9million >50years most high risk group, reduce COVID to a nuisance condition. That’s not bad. We only just started vaxing and vax’s normally takes ten years to develop, so the whole thing is unbelievable. Miles ahead of NZ etc. We’re doing unbelievably well.

Australia doesn't look good because that chart shows number of people vaccinated, whereas Australia only reports number of doses administered.

This is the chart you should be looking at:

I believe that first chart was showing % of population that has a dose. Still doesn't look right though. Last I checked I think Australia had vaccinated about 10-12% of population. That's pretty low.

I believe that first chart was showing % of population that has a dose. Still doesn't look right though. Last I checked I think Australia had vaccinated about 10-12% of population. That's pretty low.

The wiki number for yesterday had us at just shy of 3.3m vaccinations. This is just shy of 13% of the population, but it's a false number if Hornberger is correct and these are doses and not people

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re vaxing nearly 100k a day. Keep that up that 2million a month. ~9million >50years most high risk group, reduce COVID to a nuisance condition. That’s not bad. We only just started vaxing and vax’s normally takes ten years to develop, so the whole thing is unbelievable. Miles ahead of NZ etc. We’re doing unbelievably well.
In terms of the vaccine rollout we are doing anything but unbelievably well.

In terms of the vaccine rollout we are doing anything but unbelievably well.

What’s your basis for that other than a highly biased anti gov view? Because on any metric we’re motoring along. We’re 9 weeks in. What we’re you expecting in 9 weeks. 3.4million doses delivered. 4million which was the original end of April target will be hit by end of May, 4 weeks late and that despite not receiving 3.1million doses from Europe in feb which they’ve used as their own emergency vax program was struggling. 83% of aged care residents in homes have had their first shot and 34% their second (which given the delay between 1st and second is expected, 3mnths AZ and 3-4 weeks Pfizer). Only countries that decided NOT to go through regulatory approval are doing better.

Half of vax’s globally have been AZ.

Dr Chris Moy, AMA indicates we are doing well despite the ‘pile on’ in the media and scare campaigns from every key board warrior with a politically biased opinion. If you over 50 there’s nothing stopping you getting a jab today in Vict and NSW who lead the way. Sadly the hermit states of qld snd WA have steadfastly refused to push their populations to get vaccinated in-line with historical federation resistance. Contrast statements from Foley and Hazzard with muppets like Miles and to a lesser extent Cook this week alone.

In June we’ll start hammering 40-50’s, about 3.4million people, as we’ve got about 500k in TGA QC presently (this takes 4-6weeks) and another 500k shipped which is about what we’ve done with low supply to date on the rest of the population.The big risk to this is the over 50’s hanging out for Pfizer and taking those doses we need for under 50’s. That’s with capacity daily exceeding demand today fir instance. So about every ten days we’ll be doing a million doses if we keep it at the current rate. If that’s your definition of slow in a country as far flung as Australia then you really need to bring yourself up to speed. Israel which is the vax exemplar is a third the size of tasi with a v.high high population concentration which tasi definitely does not. Yet Tasi is doing better than the hermit states. NZ another COVID exemplar however is going so slow, about 150k up to last week on vax because they’re relying almost exclusively on Pfizer. Now that’s a debacle with their constant problems with HQ (e.g., 14 to date as against Vict with 12).

Our big issue will be 20’s to 40’s. If Moderna and novavax lands then we should be ok for them. Will probably run mass vax 24hours a day. September till Dec. and Pfizer will probably start flowing a bit more from July as demand on US plants starts to calm.

I’ve had my first shot of AZ, my wife her second as she is healthcare and 96 year old mother in law both shots plus her annual flu shot. That’s everyone in her home. Pretty good given she’s in Victoria and if you were in a home in a hotspot (90% of aged care mortality was in the NW and SE hotspots) last year as Victoria absolutely stunk it up you were in serious danger. Not many passed away in the leafy eastern suburbs homes or regional centres, nearly all in the hotspots.

Good luck to you sir, you’ve got absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. Worse you’re endangering people by peddling falsehoods.

Lucky they're libs or someone might've lost their job !

What’s your basis for that other than a highly biased anti gov view? Because on any metric we’re motoring along. We’re 9 weeks in. What we’re you expecting in 9 weeks. 3.4million doses delivered. 4million which was the original end of April target will be hit by end of May, 4 weeks late and that despite not receiving 3.1million doses from Europe in feb which they’ve used as their own emergency vax program was struggling. 83% of aged care residents in homes have had their first shot and 34% their second (which given the delay between 1st and second is expected, 3mnths AZ and 3-4 weeks Pfizer). Only countries that decided NOT to go through regulatory approval are doing better.

Half of vax’s globally have been AZ.

Dr Chris Moy, AMA indicates we are doing well despite the ‘pile on’ in the media and scare campaigns from every key board warrior with a politically biased opinion. If you over 50 there’s nothing stopping you getting a jab today in Vict and NSW who lead the way. Sadly the hermit states of qld snd WA have steadfastly refused to push their populations to get vaccinated in-line with historical federation resistance. Contrast statements from Foley and Hazzard with muppets like Miles and to a lesser extent Cook this week alone.

In June we’ll start hammering 40-50’s, about 3.4million people, as we’ve got about 500k in TGA QC presently (this takes 4-6weeks) and another 500k shipped which is about what we’ve done with low supply to date on the rest of the population.The big risk to this is the over 50’s hanging out for Pfizer and taking those doses we need for under 50’s. That’s with capacity daily exceeding demand today fir instance. So about every ten days we’ll be doing a million doses if we keep it at the current rate. If that’s your definition of slow in a country as far flung as Australia then you really need to bring yourself up to speed. Israel which is the vax exemplar is a third the size of tasi with a v.high high population concentration which tasi definitely does not. Yet Tasi is doing better than the hermit states. NZ another COVID exemplar however is going so slow, about 150k up to last week on vax because they’re relying almost exclusively on Pfizer. Now that’s a debacle with their constant problems with HQ (e.g., 14 to date as against Vict with 12).

Our big issue will be 20’s to 40’s. If Moderna and novavax lands then we should be ok for them. Will probably run mass vax 24hours a day. September till Dec. and Pfizer will probably start flowing a bit more from July as demand on US plants starts to calm.

I’ve had my first shot of AZ, my wife her second as she is healthcare and 96 year old mother in law both shots plus her annual flu shot. That’s everyone in her home. Pretty good given she’s in Victoria and if you were in a home in a hotspot (90% of aged care mortality was in the NW and SE hotspots) last year as Victoria absolutely stunk it up you were in serious danger. Not many passed away in the leafy eastern suburbs homes or regional centres, nearly all in the hotspots.

Good luck to you sir, you’ve got absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. Worse you’re endangering people by peddling falsehoods.

Nice rant.

We’re way behind schedule. Disabled groups have been totally left behind.

And I’m not endangering s**t, it’s a football discussion forum. Clutch your pearls at something else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back