News Back to the SCG in 2016... BUT finals stay at ANZ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we beaten the Hawks at ANZ?

I don't have a huge issue with the venue itself but it seems like the Hawks own us there.
I too have no problem whatsoever with ANZ as a venue, so long as there's a decent crowd. It's so big that anything under 40K feels a bit light-on. I vividly remember the Collingwood game all those years ago. Still the biggest-ever AFL crowd outside Victoria, I believe. Was it 73,000? Wow.

But issues of playing surface, and Swans player's familiarity with the place, having not played there all year, are a whole other thing, and I do hope we can get our finals staged at the SCG.

It would be better if it was the end of the world as I think then the AFL would make sure we got to play at the SCG.
I think you underestimate the level of sookiness in the AFL. As the world was ending they would be scheming to get one last trade ban implemented before it all goes belly up.

A lot of the AFL sookiness came from directors with conflicts of interest trying to add value to their stadium asset with AFL tennancy.

The Buddy deal endangered the rapid growth of GWS and this was an unforgiveable act.

Colless also signed the SCG deal while the golden parachutes and exit strategy for ANZ stadium investors was still undecided and the state government funding for redevelopment wasn't in place

Now the NSW government has committed to buying ANZ some of the angst is no longer justified.

Those same individuals have proven themselves to be petty beyond belief though.

A lot of the AFL sookiness came from directors with conflicts of interest trying to add value to their stadium asset with AFL tennancy.

The Buddy deal endangered the rapid growth of GWS and this was an unforgiveable act.

Colless also signed the SCG deal while the golden parachutes and exit strategy for ANZ stadium investors was still undecided and the state government funding for redevelopment wasn't in place

Now the NSW government has committed to buying ANZ some of the angst is no longer justified.

Those same individuals have proven themselves to be petty beyond belief though.
So we are really talking about a serious conflict of interest rather than sookiness.

When do we find out what the AFL Says? Not that they would assist us anyway, so kind of a pointless question.

When do we find out what the AFL Says? Not that they would assist us anyway, so kind of a pointless question.

Supposedly by the end of this week but Pridham said yesterday he doesn't expect a decision until after the final 8 is set...I reckon they're waiting to see whether or not we play the Giants in the QF, which means we'd almost certainly be at ANZ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we got the regular season games at the SCG. It'd be really interesting to see if we'd have won or lost more...let me take a look at my schedule....

Collingwood
Essendon
Hawthorn
Carlton

Were the 4 games there so 3-1 at SCG...I'd venture to say we'd have got 3-1 at ANZ too, but could've gone 4-0. I doubt we'd have crushed your 2nd team by as much as we did in R1 though.

I too have no problem whatsoever with ANZ as a venue, so long as there's a decent crowd. It's so big that anything under 40K feels a bit light-on. I vividly remember the Collingwood game all those years ago. Still the biggest-ever AFL crowd outside Victoria, I believe. Was it 73,000? Wow.

But issues of playing surface, and Swans player's familiarity with the place, having not played there all year, are a whole other thing, and I do hope we can get our finals staged at the SCG.
I remember a game against North there. Ground less than half full and they ran out of pies at half time. Shambles

ANZ stadium members are like the shittest campaigners on the planet.
Swans members would demand compensation if one of their games was stripped away and they had to pay for entry at another venue or miss out

Apparently it will stay at ANZ unless a compensation deal is offered for ANZ Stadium members.

Easy fix, ANZ members can gain admission to the SCG Members area. Seriously, there would be a handful of them at best who would take up the offer. Serious AFL fans would be either Swans or possibly SCG members in all likelihood...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back