Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

If pies don't come to the table with a suitable offer then he's hawks bound via PSD or He'll re-sign with the dogs for another year maybe and try again. Smith has put a price on his head so he knows what he is worth. I think he'll be mature enough to consider other options if pies don't come to the table as his first choice. There wont be any bad blood from his decision to move so he'd be welcomed back if things fall through.
Not sure that's how that works

Yes but at what cost? Plenty of other clubs seem to be circling and they will probably offer and pay more.
Our first, and wouldn't be too upset if we their something else in if we finish the season well. Would want something back if we crashed and burned.

He looks like the perfect fit to me so don't care so long as we don't touch future picks

If Geelong can flip their draft hand to grab Adelaide's first round pick that would be a good offer for Bailey Smith.

Something like 17, 35, 55, and a compo pick from from one of their FAs. For 7, 63 and future 4th. 7 to dogs for Smith and 47.

Not sure which players will leave geelong via FA. Surely Kolodjashnij will be pursued along with Parfitt, Bews, & Stengle.

If Geelong can flip their draft hand to grab Adelaide's first round pick that would be a good offer for Bailey Smith.

Something like 17, 35, 55, and a compo pick from from one of their FAs. For 7, 63 and future 4th. 7 to dogs for Smith and 47.

Not sure which players will leave geelong via FA. Surely Kolodjashnij will be pursued along with Parfitt, Bews, & Stengle.
To get pick 7 you would need 2 picks in the very early teens at worst. Even with band 1 compo pick 17 and 18 ain't getting you pick 7.

To get pick 7 you would need 2 picks in the very early teens at worst. Even with band 1 compo pick 17 and 18 ain't getting you pick 7.
I suggest Adelaide because they need points for Welsh and likely a bid will come before the first round pick. Any of Suns, Lions, Adelaide or Carlton don't have the luxury of keeping their first round picks.

I suggest Adelaide because they need points for Welsh and likely a bid will come before the first round pick. Any of Suns, Lions, Adelaide or Carlton don't have the luxury of keeping their first round picks.
Adelaide still wouldn't do the trade. There will be a better offer.

If pies don't come to the table with a suitable offer then he's hawks bound via PSD or He'll re-sign with the dogs for another year maybe and try again. Smith has put a price on his head so he knows what he is worth. I think he'll be mature enough to consider other options if pies don't come to the table as his first choice. There wont be any bad blood from his decision to move so he'd be welcomed back if things fall through.
A player is not going to request out as an OOC player and choose to re-sign, this sort of thing gets brought up all the time and never happens.

If he nominates a club he will end up at that club almost certainly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't buy into club PR. Every club says the players they re-signed took unders.
My club offered me 500K
Club X offered me 1 million
I went back to my club and settled for 850k so "I took unders".
My club announces new contract and said that I sighed a contract for "under market value".

My club offered me 500K
Club X offered me 1 million
I went back to my club and settled for 850k so "I took unders".
My club announces new contract and said that I sighed a contract for "under market value".

Thoughts on Max Holmes taking 4/$750k instead of quoted 6/$1m from Hawks, Dons, Pies etc.

Didn’t sound like PR to me…unless you’re calling Twomey a liar?

Thoughts on Max Holmes taking 4/$750k instead of quoted 6/$1m from Hawks, Dons, Pies etc.

Didn’t sound like PR to me…unless you’re calling Twomey a liar?
Contracts are not public knowledge. So it might not be accurate on both the 750K and the 1 million deals. Twomey has sources, so he doesnt know for sure it's all second hand info.
Holmes projects as a 800k+ player so if the claimed contract is accurate then its not bad for Geelong.
Holmes' management certainly pushed up his contract using the interest from other clubs. But that's just what they do. Did he "take unders"? Sure...... why not...... he could have gotten more elsewhere. But his management did push Geelong for a much improved contract over what they initially offered.

yawns

Prove it. And if you do, then prove the others clubs don't do the same.
You have to be unbearably naive to think that one club has cheated the system, and nobody else has caught on.

If you want to have a go at Geelong, then that's fine....but you have to accept that everyone is doing it too.

There are powerful and wealthy businessmen involved in every football club.

Whether it's houses, pubs, land deals, cars, or sponsorship ambassador roles, it's happening everywhere, and it's been going on forever.

You have to be unbearably naive to think that one club has cheated the system, and nobody else has caught on.

If you want to have a go at Geelong, then that's fine....but you have to accept that everyone is doing it too.

Whether it's houses, pubs, land deals, cars, or sponsorship ambassador roles, it's happening everywhere, and it's been going on forever.
And as much as it pains me to say it, aren’t they just a well run club which is part of why they have defied the drop for so long? Nah…stop it you backwards country criminals!

Still no excuse, it should be outlawed

We have a lot of FAs but the list is bigger than it looks.
Kolo will sign, MOC already has.
Hawkins stanley and tuohy will all retire.
Duncan are 50/50 and bews will be delisted (body is cooked).
Danger wont go to another club.

Parfitt may leave but he would only get low compo say like band 4 or 5.
Stengle is the only one that would get band 1/2 but he will stay imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back