Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

You may have a higher number out injured but I think Richmond fans would like a word on quality
One list is the fourth oldest, the other is the second youngest.

It’s only logical that Hawks injuries are going to be harder to cover when the list is so young and inexperienced outside of their best 25 players.

Just can’t see why he would want to go to a bottom 8 team, unless the contract offer was a batshit crazy amount above offers from top 8 clubs.

Although coming back from an ACL maybe that’s the security he prefers - guaranteed long-term big cash but with a lower chance of success?

Just can’t see why he would want to go to a bottom 8 team, unless the contract offer was a batshit crazy amount above offers from top 8 clubs.

Although coming back from an ACL maybe that’s the security he prefers - guaranteed long-term big cash but with a lower chance of success?
Plenty of reasons

1. Most obvious - money. He will be very very well paid

2. Role - He will be given the opportunity to be a starting centre square mid

3. Long term plan - He is 23 years old, he could move to a rebuilding team and have his prime years line up with the contending years of a team currently not playing finals.

Maybe he chooses to go straight to a contender, i have no idea. But i can see logic in why he would consider other options.

Western Bulldogs permitted star midfielder Bailey Smith to train away from the club earlier in his recovery from an ACL injury to help ease the gun ballwinners’ frustrations with the injury.
The Dogs allowed Smith to train at a gym facility closer to his home in the eastern suburbs earlier in the year rather than have to make his way to the kennel for the daily grind of knee rehab.

The injury was a major disappointment for the linebreaker who was set for a massive year after winning the club’s time trial in the pre-season before the season-ending injury in December.

A strong season could have helped Smith deliver a contract worth up to $1 million a season but the knee injury will have reduced his value on his next deal.

Smith looks certain to request a trade at season’s end with strong interest from Collingwood, Hawthorn and Geelong likely to net the Dogs a first-round draft pick for him.

The Magpies and Cats have long been linked to the playmaker but the Hawks are certain to have an earlier first-round pick to help satisfy the Dogs in a trade.

Smith, 23, has resumed running in his recovery from the season-ending ACL injury and will consider heading overseas for a couple of weeks as part of a mid-year break.

Smith is unlikely to play this season with the club unlikely to risk one of their prime midfielders ahead of a potential trade to a Victorian rival.

The three clubs keen on Smith will undergo full assessments on his knee before they make a call on a trade for him.

Hawthorn is currently in second-last spot on the ladder and could either keep their first pick or potentially split it for two first-round choices to land a gun youngster and Smith.

Recruiters have said the top end of this year’s draft is seen as a very even crop with not much splitting the top-12 players

Collingwood does not have a first-round pick in this year’s draft after trading it for ex-Docker Lachie Schultz last year, while the Cats are currently in first place and would have pick No. 18 on current ladder positions.

Smith is intent on making a full recovery and believes his best football is still ahead of him after a blistering finals series in 2021 fanned hype that he was one of the most damaging playmakers in the league.

He kicked eight goals in three finals as the Dogs went down to Melbourne in the 2021 Grand Final.

Please place under spoiler tags next time thanks. Would like some warning before feeling like needing to vomit at the sight of that ghastly jumper.
In My Head Text GIF by Animanias

I'm hearing any deal for Bailey Smith to Collingwood is 100% off.

Hawthorn bound with their first pick involved.

Why would this be?

*If this sounds rude i apologise, terrible with tone on BigFooty

Pies dont have the draft capital to make it happen. Dogs at a point where they know his exit is imminent. Will maximise value.

Dogs get: Pick 8, 2025 Round 2 (Haw)
Dogs give: Bailey Smith

Suns get: Pick 3
Suns give Pick 8, pick 9

Hawks get: Bailey Smith, Pick 9
Hawks give: Pick 3, 2025 round 2(Haw)

Thats essentially what I've heard.

Suns need to get above any picks for Academy players, and currently at 8/9 thats a risk.

Points wise this rates Bailey Smith at roughly a pick 9.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies dont have the draft capital to make it happen. Dogs at a point where they know his exit is imminent. Will maximise value.

Suns give Pick 8, pick 9

Suns need to get above any picks for Academy players, and currently at 8/9 thats a risk.

Fair enough

Appreciate the insight

I would jump at that

Suns give Pick 8, pick 9

Sold

Suns give Pick 8, pick 9

Can we get this agreed to now NRL style? Happy for Baz to keep wearing our polos and s**t in the meantime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back