Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies dont have the draft capital to make it happen. Dogs at a point where they know his exit is imminent. Will maximise value.

Dogs get: Pick 8, 2025 Round 2 (Haw)
Dogs give: Bailey Smith

Suns get: Pick 3
Suns give Pick 8, pick 9

Hawks get: Bailey Smith, Pick 9
Hawks give: Pick 3, 2025 round 2(Haw)

Thats essentially what I've heard.

Suns need to get above any picks for Academy players, and currently at 8/9 thats a risk.

Points wise this rates Bailey Smith at roughly a pick 9.
Top 10 pick and a second would be reasonable compensation should he want out. Would rather keep as our midfield needs to transition a few out in the next year or two. Libba and Treloar are close to the end.

It’d be right if it were hawks f1 & f2.

But Pies f1 will probably be 20+ after all the father son and academy bids.

Hawks pick 8 this year and future 2nd is right imo. At his peak he is worth way more, but due to his ACL and off field issues his value drops a bit.

Don’t forget how good he was in 2021 & 2022. One of if not the best young mid in the comp. Second in the Gary Aryes award.
He is a possible gun but also a possible average player with injury and mental health concerns. I agree if he picks the Hawks they will give you a good deal.
Pies are currently 9th with the oldest list in the comp. Next year we could be 12th. Sure it could be pick 20, but if I had to guess its somewhere in the 8-20 range (after academy/compo picks) for our 2025 1st.

Let's say it's pick 14

Would pick 14 and pick 27 (Hawks 2nd) sound about right.

Sounds about right to me but if not it's not that far off.

He is a possible gun but also a possible average player with injury and mental health concerns. I agree if he picks the Hawks they will give you a good deal.
Pies are currently 9th with the oldest list in the comp. Next year we could be 12th. Sure it could be pick 20, but if I had to guess its somewhere in the 8-20 range (after academy/compo picks) for our 2025 1st.

Let's say it's pick 14

Would pick 14 and pick 27 (Hawks 2nd) sound about right.

Sounds about right to me but if not it's not that far off.

It’s not far off, probably would get it done, but I’d be feeling bummed as a dog’s supporter

It’d be right if it were hawks f1 & f2.

But Pies f1 will probably be 20+ after all the father son and academy bids.

Hawks pick 8 this year and future 2nd is right imo. At his peak he is worth way more, but due to his ACL and off field issues his value drops a bit.

Don’t forget how good he was in 2021 & 2022. One of if not the best young mid in the comp. Second in the Gary Aryes award.
F1 and F2

😂😂😂😂

If pies don't come to the table with a suitable offer then he's hawks bound via PSD or He'll re-sign with the dogs for another year maybe and try again. Smith has put a price on his head so he knows what he is worth. I think he'll be mature enough to consider other options if pies don't come to the table as his first choice. There wont be any bad blood from his decision to move so he'd be welcomed back if things fall through.

If pies don't come to the table with a suitable offer then he's hawks bound via PSD or He'll re-sign with the dogs for another year maybe and try again. Smith has put a price on his head so he knows what he is worth. I think he'll be mature enough to consider other options if pies don't come to the table as his first choice. There wont be any bad blood from his decision to move so he'd be welcomed back if things fall through.

There already is bad blood that’s why he is leaving. I truly believe Bevo is the issue at the club.

Nothing suggests he has issues with Bevo. He's after opportunity and money purely.
If Draper mail was new to you, there's been whispers around the traps for the last couple of seasons of how disgruntled players are with Bevo.

If Draper mail was new to you, there's been whispers around the traps for the last couple of seasons of how disgruntled players are with Bevo.

If that was actually true, why did the Bulldogs give Bevo a 3 year extension in the middle of last season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that was actually true, why did the Bulldogs give Bevo a 3 year extension in the middle of last season?

Well Bevo did deliver a premiership after so long!

Backing in the coaches to deliver another premiership and win the players over would be my guess.

PSD 😂

The emptiest of empty threats. Only punters on big footy believe it’s actually a realistic option.

Last edited:
That's a rare situation. PSD hasn't been a factor in 99% of trades.

Most of y’all know fk all. I’ve been a Bevo critic but the relationships he has with the players are special. He’s just a poor tactical coach in my opinion. Bevo and Smith are close and call often.

If Baz leaves it’s due to midfield opportunity and money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back