Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

What are everyone's thoughts on Stanley?

Sounds pre-draft he was 1B to Tunsil's 1A. Obviously circumstances changed that up a bit, but my thinking was that if I'm happy with Tunsil I might as well be happy with Stanley. There wasn't any other elite talent in our areas of need IMO, so I'm not upset (this year) that we didn't get a CB or WR. Would've liked Jack but not with the word about his knee.

Sounds pre-draft he was 1B to Tunsil's 1A. Obviously circumstances changed that up a bit, but my thinking was that if I'm happy with Tunsil I might as well be happy with Stanley. There wasn't any other elite talent in our areas of need IMO, so I'm not upset (this year) that we didn't get a CB or WR. Would've liked Jack but not with the word about his knee.

Apparently there was also no one to trade with as well.

Ramsay would of been fantastic, but I think this is a solid/safe pick

Interesting comments on Stanley pre-draft in http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/28/nfl-draft-peter-king-mmqb-10-things-im-hearing:

1. I am skeptical San Diego will trade down.

Throughout the league on Wednesday, particularly with teams choosing in the top 10, football people were talking about Notre Dame tackle Ronnie Stanley here … not the more noted tackle, Laremy Tunsil of Ole Miss. Telesco earned his stripes under former Colts GM Bill Polian, and one thing he learned is to never be afraid to stick your neck out and make a pick that will surprise some people. No one has had Stanley this high until the last day or two. Telesco will be fine with that, if Stanley is the top guy on his board.

2. Stanley is the hot name in the draft this morning. I’m hearing he’s the No. 1 tackle on the Jags’ board too—and though Jacksonville selects fifth, it’s more likely GM Dave Caldwell goes with a front-seven player or a trade down. Why Stanley? Two things I heard on Wednesday: reliability on the field, and a spotless record off it.

So annoyed we couldn't get the deal done with the Boys to move up and take Ramsey.

Obviously Stanley is the smart pick but can't help but feel disappointed (in a selfish way) when we were picking 6th overall.

Hoping for Spence or Alexander in the 2nd.

Have a feeling Su'a Cravens is in the mix as well

So annoyed we couldn't get the deal done with the Boys to move up and take Ramsey.

Obviously Stanley is the smart pick but can't help but feel disappointed (in a selfish way) when we were picking 6th overall.

My thoughts exactly. However, we have our LT locked away for the next 10 years (hopefully), which is super important considering it is so hard to find a premier LT later in the draft. However, there is plenty of value on defence still, so hopefully we capitalise on that.

I really hope this motivates Monroe to put in more of an effort, would be a huge bonus for us if he can lift his game. If so, we could have a dominant O-line this coming year

Wagner coming back will be nice as he looked solid too.

I'm curious whether we go Stanley at RT with Wagner at LG or vice versa, or just cut Monroe (hope not unless he really is passed it).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our secondary has sucked since the SB but we seem to ignore CB's early in the draft for the past 4 years. This draft definitely feels like we are playing it safe and drafting for need ahead of BPA.

To me. it just seemed Alexander was too good to pass up and could have elevated our secondary to one of the best in the league for the next 3+years.

Really hoping for at least one of Kalan Reed, Rashard Higgins, Scooby Wright and Connor Cook tomorrow.

The raiders traded up ahead of our pick but we picked up the running QB from navy instead
I was wondering why we picked up two RBs. NFL.com has him classified as one.

My thoughts on the picks today:

Tavon Young – happy they took a CB early in the 4th round. I somewhat agree with those that though he might have been taken a bit early, but if you look at the CBs taken today, there aren't many that I like better. Will hopefully develop into a good slot CB

Chris Moore - Don't understand it given all the other WRs available and the fact that his a one-trick pony deep threat who ran a 4.53 40

Alex Lewis - TBH I didn't know too much about him until earlier this week. Sounds like a good value pick who can hopefully be our swing tackle this year and potentially replace Wagner next year

Willie Henry - I like Henry as a player, but as with my thoughts on Kaufusi, not sure there is the roster space for all these DL prospects. Almost certainly means KLM won't make the roster unless he has a great TC

Kenneth Dixon - I think this was a great value pick as we got the 3rd or 4th best RB in this class at the end of the 4th round. I actually like Dixon as a prospect more than Allen/Taliaferro/West when they were prospects

Matt Judon – decent if raw pass rusher. Will probably need to loose some weight if he's going to be an OLB. He's not the most explosive athlete according to his combine number which is a bit of a worry at one of the few positions where people have managed to find a link between them and future NFL production

Keenan Reynolds - not a fan. Don't see where he fits on the depth chart and its a pretty big projection to say he'll be a good returner given he's never done it before basically only on his elusiveness as a running QB

Maurice Canady – meh, end of the 6th round pick so not expecting too much from him. At least its at a position that we could do with the competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back