Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FTom-Hiddleston.gif

I understand promoting from within but why not give a guy a chance who's never had the job before? Not someone who failed miserably in back in 2010.

I understand promoting from within but why not give a guy a chance who's never had the job before? Not someone who failed miserably in back in 2010.

LOL @ "None of this is opinion."

Here's a guy who joined the Broncos between 2010 and 2011 who might also have had something to do with an upswing.

Here's a second guy who missed all of 2010 before returning in 2011.

It's a lot easier to do a hatchet job when you exclude any alternate explanations and portray your "non-opinion stats" as the only answer.

Ridley had a down year but I doubt he will last to pick 16. Are we prepared to trade up to get a WR? And is he worth trading up for?

I like his game but I don't see a dominant WR1, more a solid but not spectacular WR1. Do you spend a first and probably a second to move up to get a solid WR or sit on your hands and get the third or fourth option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so glad we only drafting high character guys so we don't have to worry about stupid stuff like this.

His defence is that he thought the charger was his and that's why he took it. He must have been wasted if that is his genuine excuse. Sounds bogus to me.

Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti was adamant in his support of Joe Flacco at Friday's press conference.

That's in contrast to GM Ozzie Newsome -- whom Bisciotti announced will step down in 2019 -- and coach John Harbaugh, whose firing Bisciotti said was "considered" after another disappointing season. When asked about replacing Flacco, Bisciotti replied, "We have bigger fish to fry" and "repeatedly backed" Flacco as the Ravens' quarterback whenever the topic came up. Bisciotti noted Flacco's 2017 back injury "several times" to explain his ineffectiveness. Flacco's yards-per-attempt averages have dipped precipitously in the last four years (7.2 > 6.1 > 6.0 > 5.3). Beat writer Jeff Zrebiec suggested Bisciotti's support for Flacco likely means the Ravens won't draft a quarterback with their first-round pick.

Source: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti said Ozzie Newsome will step down as GM next year.

He'll transition into a consultant/evaluator role after the 2018 season. "He'll be the highest paid scout in the league," said Bisciotti. Newsome will be succeeded by Eric DeCosta, who has served as the Ravens' assistant GM since 2012. It's been a successful run for Newsome, who has led Baltimore to a pair of Super Bowls since joining the organization in 1996. However, after missing the playoffs four of the last five years, it may be time for a new voice to lead the front office.

Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti admitted the team "considered" making a coaching change after missing the playoffs in 2017.

"Certainly, it was a thought," he said at Friday's press conference. Bisciotti was pleased the team was able to overcome a slow start in 2017, but after falling short of the playoffs for the fourth time in five seasons, it appears Harbaugh is officially on the hot seat. For Harbaugh to keep his job, the Ravens need to take a big step forward on offense next season. Only five teams in the league produced fewer yards than Baltimore in 2017.

I wonder how much of a change we'll see under decosta? With Ozzie still in the room it will be interesting to see if there is even a change in philosophy at all.

DeVior Posey added to the team.
By adding the top receiver in the FA class*, we might have finally recognised how much we need a true top quality playmaker.

*For the CFL. Let's hope that this won't stop us pursuing one from the NFL either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like we might add Jimmy Graham
Wasn't that just floated as a possibility by the ESPN beat writer and not backed up by any source or gossip?

Just a good fit I think...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back