Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

The first one should have been DPI - the defender hooked and turned Andrews in the process of defending it, but it was still a bad decision to throw it

Agee completely.
Shouldn’t have gone to that target. The second one was not seeing the other defender, which is not good at all. His field vision is actually one of his better attributes.

The first one should have been DPI - the defender hooked and turned Andrews in the process of defending it, but it was still a bad decision to throw it

It should have been overturned by the replay official. Not sure why it wasn’t. Pretty clear infringement and all turnovers do get reviewed.

apparently we'll be top 10 cap space in 2020

Once we are rid of Flacco's dead money (thank the heavens). Would be tough to rejig 8 mil in cap space though. Plus what would we need to give up for Von?

I do agree that without a pass rusher our season is done though. Another corner would still be nice, but with Smith hopefully coming back soon, we should be a bit better off there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once we are rid of Flacco's dead money (thank the heavens). Would be tough to rejig 8 mil in cap space though. Plus what would we need to give up for Von?

I do agree that without a pass rusher our season is done though. Another corner would still be nice, but with Smith hopefully coming back soon, we should be a bit better off there.
apparently two 1sts for miller but that seems very steep

Thoughts on the Peters trade? I'm a big fan. Did not give up much at all. Peters seems to excel in man-to-man coverage, and some of his struggles may be attributed to the Rams playing a lot of Zone. Plus, he won't even need to cover WR1 due to Marvin being a stud. I think this a really good deal for us. (Still would like some help in the pass rush though)

I was initially slightly worried given his raw stats don' look great for this season, but reading this article made me feel better about it

Add in the fact that he shut down some top WRs this year in Michael Thomas and OBJ and that he won't need to do that here makes me like it too.

While Kenny Young was young and has flashed potential, it appears a number of the faults I saw in his college tape are still present (poor instincts, tendency to gamble) and this is what has kept him fairly low on the depth chart (he was behind 2nd year UDFA Chris Board in TC before Board got hurt) and ultimately a healthy scratch behind two guys signed off the street.

Getting him for Young and a 5th was good value, especially considering he'd probably get as a 4th or 5th as a comp pick if we don't re-sign him at the end of the year

I was initially slightly worried given his raw stats don' look great for this season, but reading this article made me feel better about it

Add in the fact that he shut down some top WRs this year in Michael Thomas and OBJ and that he won't need to do that here makes me like it too.

While Kenny Young was young and has flashed potential, it appears a number of the faults I saw in his college tape are still present (poor instincts, tendency to gamble) and this is what has kept him fairly low on the depth chart (he was behind 2nd year UDFA Chris Board in TC before Board got hurt) and ultimately a healthy scratch behind two guys signed off the street.

Getting him for Young and a 5th was good value, especially considering he'd probably get as a 4th or 5th as a comp pick if we don't re-sign him at the end of the year

This is a great trade. Peters as Gold standard for man to man. We like man to man. Peters will get CB1 money and a third round compo pick, IF we don’t sign him long term.

Young gambled too much. Too too much.

I love love love the Peters trade.

- Doesn't need to be an CB1 or even CB2 when healthy
- As GG.exe mentioned before his stats speak for themselves.
- Actually helps our pass rush because no open targets usually means QB's have to hold onto the ball longer = Sacks.
- Enough's been said about Young, Thanks for your service and good luck.
- Good chance that 5th round picked we used is the one from the Vidivek trade to the Vikings = Free money.
- EDC wisely investing in defence for basically peanuts rather than shell out the big picks for Ramsey.
- Just the vibe man, Just the vibe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back