Teams Baltimore Ravens - Rise and Conquer

Remove this Banner Ad

I only watched the first half and highlights of the second and its clear Roman hasn't learned/changed. Still getting play calls in/having the offense break huddle too late and still obsessed with slow developing runs out of pistol and shotgun

Same criticism as last year but still accurate. We need to get back to more inside runs and even if not for big gains, get some yardage on first down.

Lamar looks rusty but that is to be expected when he hasn’t played enough recently. The interception was an under thrown ball. Only by about a foot but enough for the defender to make a play. The mistake was more the decision to throw there. Robinson isn’t as quick as Duvenay or Bateman, so adjusting to his speed, meant Robinson was essentially covered.

I only watched the first half and highlights of the second and its clear Roman hasn't learned/changed. Still getting play calls in/having the offense break huddle too late and still obsessed with slow developing runs out of pistol and shotgun

I agree that these are problematic (Also WR ending up in the same spot). However, we did run more zone under centre AND some playaction bootlegs which resulted in easy completions. Hopefully, we continue to do this to take advantage of both Linderbaum's strength of zone runs, and the use of PA.

Always being late to break the huddle is so damn frustrating. Gives Lamar 0 chance to read the defence pre-snap.

This game I have been looking forward to for months.

Miami in our house. Why?

Well, it’s cover 0 blitz or faking of blitz…. See how Lamar handles it.

We have had months to come up with a solution and now we will see what Roman has decided to do.

Key choices:
Inside Power run - will we try it? 5+ yards is there IF we opt for this, as Miami usually plays LB inside, who struggle against bigger guards in run blocking.

Quick Outside pass - will we have a timing route set up for Bateman who will be 1v1 with a corner.

Max protect with QB draw or pass - will we reduce the outside options and rely on someone getting open, while max protecting Lamar. The draw would be available even IF they are faking the blitz, as our internal linemen will be unmatched.

What will Roman do?

Other key games on our schedule are Bills & Bengals x2. The rest aren’t on the same level as our potential. Whether we perform to potential is another matter.

That was brutal. So many chances to put that game away.

Got sliced and diced by Waddle/Hill (credit to Tua, he balled out).

Two positive takeaways are:

1. Lamar seems to be back in 2019 form. He destroyed the cover 0 looks. We have to sign him up
2. Everyone else in the division lost.

Need to find a way to generate pass rush, and hopefully get healthy in the DB room in the coming weeks.

We have ignored the OLB / DE / Rusher position too much. IF our running game isn’t chewing the clock, our defensive pass rush players are on the field for so long, that they are exhausted by the time we get to the fourth quarter.

we need to bring in another pass rusher asap. I know that we have 2 good ones on IR and we could improve drastically when players are back from IR.

I know we have Injury issues with our pass rush & LT BUT our offence needs to be able to consistently run the ball. It’s getting frustrating watching the leads evaporate….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to play better at the death. He learns to finish games, then he is Tier 1.
That's my problem with him. He wants to be paid like he's the top of tier 1, But makes too many mistakes and misses too many throws. The more we pay him, the less we can put around him, which means he would have to play even better to make up for the lack of weapons + the deficiencies we lack on defense.

That's my problem with him. He wants to be paid like he's the top of tier 1, But makes too many mistakes and misses too many throws. The more we pay him, the less we can put around him, which means he would have to play even better to make up for the lack of weapons + the deficiencies we lack on defense.

I don’t mind IF he wants to get paid. Just play like you deserve it. OR take less money and let the team get you a top WR that you can target on broken plays.

Just make the right decision on the field. That is his weakness. It’s not his throws outside or his mechanics or his accuracy. His decision making at the death of games is too playmaker focused.

That is my knock on him.

Astute.

Ravens will activate EDGE David Ojabo (Achilles) for Week 9 against the Saints.​

Ojabo suffered a torn Achilles at his March pro day and fell to the Ravens in the second round of this year's draft. The rookie EDGE returned to practice on October 12th and head coach John Harbaugh said it's possible that he could play on Monday against the Saints. In his final season at Michigan, Ojabo totaled 42 pressures and 11 sacks while generating pressure on 9.5 percent of his snaps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back