Prodigal Sons

Senior List
Jan 9, 2006
Hickey Stand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Bartel Out ........... Out to prove why he is a brownlow favourite and one of the toughest nuts going around.

Sorry for the alarm bells ........but I actually am lead to believe from one of the fitness staff an hour ago that there may still be 2 changes from the selected side. It will be a last minute thing.

Mackie - Harley - Ling - Bartel all trained very lightly this week and with the short break I'm told that if 2 players don't come up it will be from that group of 4 players.

We will find out soon enough.

Bartel Out ........... Out to prove why he is a brownlow favourite and one of the toughest nuts going around.

Sorry for the alarm bells ........but I actually am lead to believe from one of the fitness staff an hour ago that there may still be 2 changes from the selected side. It will be a last minute thing.

Mackie - Harley - Ling - Bartel all trained very lightly this week and with the short break I'm told that if 2 players don't come up it will be from that group of 4 players.

We will find out soon enough.

Harsh......

Awwwwwww stop scarring me! Gee! :eek:

This creates so many dilemma's for my Dreamteam. I made Mackie my captain (i know CRAZY) this week coz I wasn't sure if Jimmy (my usual captain) would be playing. Now what am I suppose to do! Mackstar better play.

Mackie captain???

Bartel is usually my captain too but I thought Cox would be a safer option this week.

What is Mackie even doing in your Dreamteam? He is pretty expensive yeah?

Mackie captain???

Bartel is usually my captain too but I thought Cox would be a safer option this week.

I noticed the other day that Charlie Gardiner was $330,000!! :eek:

Mackie captain???

Mackie has been a great contributor to my Dream Team.

MACKIE, Andrew (GEE) 113
$304,300 (969)
mtm_pricearrowup.gif
$15,900 ($+30,800)

May have been a tad expensive at the start, but I love having Cats players in my side.

Bastard! You had me worried there. ;)

You sure this official wasn't just playing games with you?

Apologies ...... could'nt help myself.

Apparently he has been pulled out of the side - did'nt convince the medicos that he was right and sensibly I don't think they'll risk him.

I'm a bit nervous about this game but there's a bigger prize next week if we can make Collingwood look 2nd rate at the MCG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am confused now...is he out or in???

Well I'm tipping if he failed the "last test" Bomber Thompson referred to yesterday then he's out.

There's a chance it's just to keep Sheedy guessing (ie - leak out the news that he failed the test) , but he must be very doubtful.

The latest from down there 20 minutes ago is that they never expected him to play and were happy for all the media attention to be on Bartel. It seems Ling is the 2nd player who will be a late withdrawl .... mackie and harley are ok.

I'm trying to get a straight answer but the Geelong camp are taking tonight very seriously and not much getting out. Everyone is on the bus (inc emergencies)

Geez, all this talk is making me nervous. We've been really lucky with injuries so far this year and our list has been pretty stable. I guess we're about to find out how deep we are off the bench...

Well I'm tipping if he failed the "last test" Bomber Thompson referred to yesterday then he's out.

There's a chance it's just to keep Sheedy guessing (ie - leak out the news that he failed the test) , but he must be very doubtful.

The latest from down there 20 minutes ago is that they never expected him to play and were happy for all the media attention to be on Bartel. It seems Ling is the 2nd player who will be a late withdrawl .... mackie and harley are ok.

I'm trying to get a straight answer but the Geelong camp are taking tonight very seriously and not much getting out. Everyone is on the bus (inc emergencies)
Off topic I know, but do the team as a whole go by bus? I can understand anything interstate and whatnot, but I would have thought that for melbourne games the lads can still head up individually or car pool?

Maybe they learnt their lesson from Gazza last year when he ran out of petrol....although he did tear it up and kick 6 goals or something!

Off topic I know, but do the team as a whole go by bus? I can understand anything interstate and whatnot, but I would have thought that for melbourne games the lads can still head up individually or car pool?

Maybe they learnt their lesson from Gazza last year when he ran out of petrol....although he did tear it up and kick 6 goals or something!

any chance of the bus running out of petrol and the lads have to push it there? would make the game more even:eek:

Nice!

Well petty is pretty expensive at the moment, and Frankie and Brian Cook have been cutting costs everywhere.....

Andrew "the chest" Mackie will probably push it on his own though!

haha, just one big running up chest and watch the bus fly to melbourne:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Bartel Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back