Toast 2023 AFL Hall of Fame inductees - Jimmy Bartel & Corey Enright

Remove this Banner Ad

Didnt know that Ablett Snr was in their - just kept reading that they wernt going to let him in etc
Add Enright and Bartel to that list too obviously.

Didnt know that Ablett Snr was in their - just kept reading that they wernt going to let him in etc

AFL Hall of Fame - yes for Ablett Snr

Being upgraded to Legend status is unlikely to be something that happens though

Seeing Tom Harley at the table with Jimmy’s family got me a bit emotional 🥹
I met Tom Harley a couple times and he is literally the absolute nicest human being on the face of the planet.

I let out an 'aww' when I saw him at Jim's table!

Unrelated note, I would have gone with Jimmy and Boris first too. Well done boys! Mark Williams joking that of course he had to go after two Geelong boys which meant he had to see '07 footage was hilarious.

Next year I'd go Joel Corey and Stevie J. Corey deserves to be in the Hall of Fame due to his '07 prelim smother alone--he stopped the Pies from getting to another grand finale, ended Nathan Buckley's career, and got us into the GF where we ended the drought. I'm joking but also I am not lol. I don't think anyone is underrated from our '07 to '11 team, but if anyone is, it's him. Running machine. Absolute beast. Won two B&Fs as well which is saying something in the days of Selwood, Bartel, Enright, Scarlo, GAJ etc.

Happy to see jealousy over our domination is alive and well! Imagine thinking that a sexy beast of a triple premiership player, a Brownlow Medalist, Norm Smith Medalist, a two-time All-Australian, and three hundred gamer isn't worthy of this honour. Twitter is full of bitter losers.

Thankfully Brad Close is carrying on our tradition of having a hot dark haired dude running around in the long sleeved hoops. Miss yah, Jimmy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely; that's why it was a champion team - Cameron Ling also with that selfless, defensively-minded and disciplined game that complemented Ablett and Bartel so well. Then you had Corey who worked as hard as anyone and who ran over the top of his opponents. Potent combination.

Don't forget Selwood.

It's easy to associate him more with the post-2011 era, but he was All Australian in 2009 & 2010. Also Rising Star in 2007 and AFLCA Best Young Player in 2008 - he was a gun from the start and a big part of that 2007 - 2011 midfield.

It's easy to associate him more with the post-2011 era, but he was All Australian in 2009 & 2010. Also Rising Star in 2007 and AFLCA Best Young Player in 2008 - he was a gun from the start and a big part of that 2007 - 2011 midfield.

Then you had James Kelly capable of rotating through the middle if required - embarrassment of riches!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back