Multiplat Batman - A Telltale Games Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Episode 3:
I like unexpected twists a lot, but there's a fine line between unexpected twists and unreasonable twists to the point where they're not satisfying. The Vale/Lady Arkham twist just doesn't feel reasonable to me. Nevertheless, still really enjoying the game.

Episode 3:
I like unexpected twists a lot, but there's a fine line between unexpected twists and unreasonable twists to the point where they're not satisfying. The Vale/Lady Arkham twist just doesn't feel reasonable to me. Nevertheless, still really enjoying the game.

Yeah, I did not see that coming. But hopefully with two episodes to go they can make it worth it.

A little torn with this one.

It did a lot right, and I enjoyed the experience overall, but I felt there were more miscues and poor decisions than in many of Telltale's titles.

The first two episodes were brilliant and had me quite excited for what was to come. By the end, however, the plot was too unfocused and complex and the main villain's role diluted by the introduction of numerous villainous figures for no real reason other than fan service. The pacing was poor - after setting the tone very early I felt the game fell into a slump that it struggled to recover from. They took a risk by starting the game at such a high pitch and unfortunately struggled to maintain it.

I think this is partially a product of wanting to stuff as many well-known figures into the game. Going by the ending they clearly have an idea for a season 2 plot and I feel as though this game was created almost solely to introduce that plot, which is always a hard thing to pull off.

The technical issues were at their very worst by Telltale's lofty standards of technical buffoonery and they've taken this engine as far as it can go. Time for a new one (well, it was time for that three titles ago).

What the game does well, like all Telltale games, is character development and interaction. In particular I thought they really nailed the Bruce/Selina dynamic, and the relationship between Alfred and Bruce was extremely believable. The level of interactivity was much higher and much more varied than previous games but there's still room for improvement.

It's an enjoyable game but I feel it's one of the weaker Telltale titles to this point.

So I played through this over the past week and overall had an enjoyable experience.

The central conceit of Bruce's parents
being tied to the mob and on the whole the types of people Batman would try and stop.

I think this was the most enjoyable aspect of this season.

I agree with Dannnnnnnnnn that the chapter 3 twist caught me off guard and even though they justified it later on. I still felt like they left out all of the clues until afterwards just to surprise us.

Chapter 5 ran like ass as well, I used to think Telltale games only struggled on PS3 because that was a tougher platform for games to run on, but the fact that they still run this bad on PS4 is a joke given they aren't graphically intensive at all. The game crashed once midway through chapter 5 which was also pretty disappointing.

Overall I still think Telltale games struggle to hold up in a post Until Dawn/Life Is Strange world, but it was an enjoyable enough ride. I'd probably check out a season 2 when it eventually comes.

The game crashed once midway through chapter 5 which was also pretty disappointing.
I had the game crash eight times at the same stage of chapter 5 (tunnels). Apparently that exact crash has been an issue since launch as well. Indefensible.

I had the game crash eight times at the same stage of chapter 5 (tunnels). Apparently that exact crash has been an issue since launch as well. Indefensible.

I don't know if they patched since you played, but it just ran like trash. Mine crashed at Arkham, I didn't lose more than a few minutes progress so I wasn't as annoyed, but it's still pretty crappy from a mainstream developer to consistently have these issues.

Telltale and Bethesda are both in the same category for me. Interesting enough games that run like trash.

That's why you need to get a gaming PC ;)

No crashes for me.

I can respect the strengths of PC gaming. But I think trying to use the argument that I should buy one to run Telltale games fluidly is slight overkill for the experience it provides :p

EDIT: Forgot I mentioned Bethesda. You may have a point there, but I just don't enjoy Fallout/Skyrim enough to care overly much about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't have any crashes on PS4 but about half of Episode 1 and half of Episode 5 ran like absolute rubbish.

batman enemy within

episode 1
told tiffany i was involved in lucius's death
confessed to gordon that lucius was an ally
visited mori as bruce wayne
took the drive from mori with force
sacrificed iman for the other agents

batman enemy within

episode 1
visited mori as bruce wayne
took the drive from mori with force
sacrificed iman for the other agents

Forgot this was out!

Man, loved that first ep and seems like the game engine runs a whole heap better than the first seasons. The choices at the end seemed deeper too (with relationships seemingly being influenced by multiple responses).

visited the henchmen guy as batman
bluffed to get the location
Saved the agents at the expense of Iman's hearing

Set up sooo good for this season. Really liking this take on the Bat world by TT.

Agreed, really good first ep and the game engine seemed to be running and looking really good. Longer episode than normal as well.

Liking the relationship stuff they've added but one thing annoyed me a little.

When talking to Tiffany at the funeral I was hoping that being honest with her would gain me trust as I looked to bring her into the fold to replace her dad but it did the complete opposite and now she hates me. Was hoping for a better outcome for being honest.

Just finished season 1.

Agree with a lot on here. Ep 1 and 2 were great but it just deteriorated from there, story wise.

Not sure what was going on with the 5th episode but half the people didn't load properly. Had eyes and mouth but no face. Looked really odd. Then some people just didn't load at all.

Haven’t read a post since season one don’t want spoilers. I enjoyed the first season - should I buy now and chase episodes or wait till it’s all out on sale?

Decide for me
its 2 episodes in depends if you can handle waiting i personally cant if you can id wait

S2 Ep 2 choices - had to play it twice!

Really like how they put a different spin on a lot of the established lore. Enjoyed seeing the different takes on Joker, Bane, Harley and Freeze (plus Riddler - keen to see what their plans are for him).

Major choices:
Reached out to Waller on both occasions though Gordon knows that Waller knows Bruce's identity and our frosty relationship seems better for it.
Told Tiffany Lucius works for Batman and managed to get her to hand the drive over.
Won Bane and Freeze's respect - second time I used the anti venom serum on Bane so he did less damage at the battle.
Did the pinky swear - lord knows there will be a big tough decision on the horizon.
Followed Bane during the battle first time (Harley gets captured), then replayed the second time following Harley (Bane with serum getting caught).

I finished all 5 episodes yesterday of the first season. Rode all the highs and lows of it & the twists and turns. Much better when you usually play these games like that unless it's LiS where you need to recoup emotionally after each ep lol.

I really don't wanna wait 6 or so months for all of S2E3-5 to come out but I don't wanna play them with massive time lapses in between

Remove this Banner Ad

Back