Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Sixers win

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No result

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurricanes should romp this comp in and they are losing no one when others are losing their guns to international duties soon.

No way they get beaten towards the finals when other teams are being depleted.

Good game. "Canes on top of the ladder after their dream draw of early home games.
Then when they do travel the teams they play will be missing big names due to international duties!

Canes should be paying $1:05 to win the BBL this year.

Let's not get carried away. Short has scored runs every game so far. McDermott would want to find some form in the game that he doesn't.
You had a look at the quality players most other teams are about to lose soon due to international duty?

No way the Canes can lose from here as they are remaining untouched and have got off to a great start with a favorable early home draw.

Good on em and I cannot see a team that will beat them when it matters in finals.

You had a look at the quality players most other teams are about to lose soon due to international duty?

No way the Canes can lose from here as they are remaining untouched and have got off to a great start with a favorable early home draw.

Good on em and I cannot see a team that will beat them when it matters in finals.

The one dayers are over pretty quick.

The Sri Lanka test selections will have a bigger impact. In their quest for an all rounder they might pick Milenko :p

By the time we reach finals I think everyone will be available so anyone that scrapes into the top 4 can win.

It's not like Hobart's that much better than they were last year. No Mills is probably a plus, but Christian to Faulkner is a net loss given McDermott's form.

Makes a big difference when you pluck a guy like Meredith from thin air IMO. Very hard to improve your team with limited movement between the sides. You have to find an unknown player or rejuvenate someone like Siddle to get ahead. Botha up and down but experience is worth a lot.

Makes a big difference when you pluck a guy like Meredith from thin air IMO. Very hard to improve your team with limited movement between the sides. You have to find an unknown player or rejuvenate someone like Siddle to get ahead. Botha up and down but experience is worth a lot.
I love how everybody who doesn't follow the Shield thinks guys like Meredith are plucked from thin air.

Well done to the Hurricanes on 5-0.Tough match v the 6ers.Darcy Short not good enough for the ODI squad.But 3 man of the match's in 5 games.

Then when they do travel the teams they play will be missing big names due to international duties!

Canes should be paying $1:05 to win the BBL this year.

Also when they do get a few intertstate games they go there chock full of confidence and strut about like they own the place.

It wasn't a criticism, they have made the most of it because they're good enough. I'd rather be in that place than any other team.

Don't know about winning the comp but after this start they should be short odds to host a semi. After that who knows....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a big bash perspective he is plucked from thin air. If Shield form was a guide where is Gabe Bell.
Meredith also had a good JLT Cup. Meredith was hardly plucked from Grade cricket without a contract. He's played regularly in the Shield and was in the top 10 wicket takers of the JLT Cup.

Meredith also had a good JLT Cup. Meredith was hardly plucked from Grade cricket without a contract. He's played regularly in the Shield and was in the top 10 wicket takers of the JLT Cup.

And how many games of big bash had he played before this season. 1?

He is a new player that has improved the team. It is very hard to find competent new players for the big bash.

And how many games of big bash had he played before this season. 1?

He is a new player that has improved the team. It is very hard to find competent new players for the big bash.
Not the point. You can't say that a guy who's been in and around state cricket for a few years is somebody "plucked from nowhere".

Part of me hopes Canes finish top of the table and then get knocked out first final to 4th. Surreal that we have a 14 game season without any sort of security for the top two teams. There is no home ground advantage in T20. IPL finals format is the way to go.

With the extra games this season that might be something they look at to reward the top team. But it does involve having one more final. As long as they can be sure that they will make money off the extra final then I guess they'll do it. Also as long as they can fit it in the schedule.

With the extra games this season that might be something they look at to reward the top team. But it does involve having one more final. As long as they can be sure that they will make money off the extra final then I guess they'll do it. Also as long as they can fit it in the schedule.
You'd expect CA to be all over an extra final with the IPL finals format. It means more $$$ (mind you, it makes it harder for 3rd and 4th to win the lot. They'd have to win three games to win it).

You'd expect CA to be all over an extra final with the IPL finals format. It means more $$$ (mind you, it makes it harder for 3rd and 4th to win the lot. They'd have to win three games to win it).

Hard to come up with the perfect system. The 4 team semis and winners play off in the grand final seems to work for a lot of other sports. You don't want the final to be a fizzer either, you want that to be the peak show-piece of your comp. Having 1 v 2 in a prelim final followed by 1 v 2 in the grand final a week later could be a bit of an anti-climax if that happens on a regular basis.

Also when they do get a few intertstate games they go there chock full of confidence and strut about like they own the place.

It wasn't a criticism, they have made the most of it because they're good enough. I'd rather be in that place than any other team.

Don't know about winning the comp but after this start they should be short odds to host a semi. After that who knows....

A long way to go, could do a Renegades...Short could get injured or get a duck in a final!

Part of me hopes Canes finish top of the table and then get knocked out first final to 4th. Surreal that we have a 14 game season without any sort of security for the top two teams. There is no home ground advantage in T20. IPL finals format is the way to go.

Same thing pops up every year! With CA desperate to drag the BBL out as long as possible I'm surprised this wasn't the year something was done about it.

Back