Ben Brown Staging

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you kidding Jack gets the least frees of any forward, year in year out, there's a difference between appealing for obvious frees not being paid and playing up to get frees.

I didn't comment on how many frees he gets, I commented on the fact that he whinges at every decision. I agree he doesnt get paid a few that probably should be there but regardless of whether they are there or not he appeals for them.

Dont worry i do it every saturday as well but as yet there is no forum for anonymous people to throw rocks at my whinging ways. I mean obviously they could do it at the ground but noone actually shows up to watch.

And also I'm just taking set shots there isnt actually a game.

And also it's only a soccer goal.

Funny thing is, Rance has barely staged in his career, did one (admittedly pretty bad) against Essendon last year and then gets absolutely massacred by media/bigfooty. Thank you OP for creating this thread. I was considering making one myself after last nights Brown flopping display. I'm relatively new to BF but have been watching Brown doing this s**t for years.

His goals either come from lace out passes where he's on the lead...or...the kick to him isnt perfect, he runs under the ball with his hands up, cops the slightest contact and then flops forwards, hands out and appealing for the free (which he gets... a lot). The guy seriously can't read the ball when it's not a perfect pass and then doesn't have any core strength to push back and re-position. But still the umps fall for this s**t, properly annoying

Say whatever you want about Benny, but Rance's dive against the bombers is the best i have seen.

Mathew Lloyd’s consistency in the diving department for 10 years, was also a sight to behold.

I find it cute that a poster with Jobe Watson as his Moniker is talking about taking players seriously.
LOL Benny flops every week

Seems like a likeable bloke, but the way he goes about his footy...he is my least favourite AFL player. If he feels the slightest bit of contact or can't take an uncontested grab he plays for frees 100% of the time. His effort last night was genuinely pathetic.

is there a single team in the league that doesn't have at least one serial flopper? i blame the AFL for refusing to give players 1 week suspensions for obvious flailings

Seems like a likeable bloke, but the way he goes about his footy...he is my least favourite AFL player. If he feels the slightest bit of contact or can't take an uncontested grab he plays for frees 100% of the time. His effort last night was genuinely pathetic.
It's a fair point re uncontested marking. He's a good lead up mark when he has space but it's hard to think of too many times he's been in a pack of players and sticks the dukes out and plucks one. Maybe he just feels genuinely uncomfortable in a pack or contested situation hence the desire to flop.

is there a single team in the league that doesn't have at least one serial flopper? i blame the AFL for refusing to give players 1 week suspensions for obvious flailings
Suspension maybe, but I reckon the umpires should just go straight up to them and say "that was a blatant dive mate, you're on notice". Players obviously know the the umps mic'd up and would hate the thought of umpires calling out their diving directly into peoples lounge rooms. Would stamp it out pretty quickly also I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn’t play for Richmond nothing to see here

Wayne Carey did say he needed a few new tricks, seems to have listened. I hate his run up when he misses it
is such an anti-climax, you could stand still and miss saves on effort. I think this thread is designed to stop
people talking about the game which stunk big time, some of the football skills and ball movement was beyond
putrid.

Not a great look but not alone. The playing for free kicks is a competition wide issue not just a Ben Brown issue.

Not a chance, that's a planned stage, as soon as he felt hands on him he was ready to go and Brown should cop a lot of flack for it this week (its not like this hasn't been building) but its no worse than some of the stuff Darling did as he was finding his feet. I still don't like Darling as a player but you can't fault his progression and imo Brown will be the same. Will still be a great foward once he reins back on the bull shite and trusts more to his strengths.

Finding his feet? Bloke is 26, it's not like he's a rookie just learning his trade he should be at the peak of his career right now.

Lots of hypocrites in this thread.

Big fan of Sideshow Bob, he let himself down last night with those shenanigans, I would like to think it was a one off though. He is too good a player to resort to blatant cheating.

Also the Umpires deserve to be roasted as well for being sucked in.

He got 6 for no against for his flops against the anchors
Son son does it for us and it’s ugly but umps no it so he doesn’t get the freed often
The umps need to smarten up with brown as they have with sonny it’s a blight on the game especially at the moment when there’s low scores makes a big impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Back