Delisted Ben Lennon [delisted]

Remove this Banner Ad

If Cameron leaves, maybe Adelaide could use him?

Pick 72 for Pick 73 and Lennon?
I will drive him to Adelaide - We dont want anything for him and are even prepared to upgrade their #89 for our #72 if they can just give him a new home thats atleast 700klms away from Richmond

Had a uni mate who went to school with him. Said he was a tosser. So very sad that he couldn't live up to his potential.
I've had a bit to do with coaching elite level juniors in the inner eastern suburbs. Some of them cope really well with transitioning to AFL, say Hannebury, while others really struggle with being the best player at Xavier or Scotch to then being back at the bottom of the pecking order again.

Definitely not as rubbish as a few posts on here have intimated. Mediocre more like it. Can kick and mark and would be best 22 for a number of teams - kicked 40 odd goals in the VFL.

He'll be at the Tiges next year (on a smaller contract) and he'll be on the fringe of selection again I'd say.

Would be a perfect fit for North Melbourne

Free to good home that doesnt mind selfish players that love to get paid big $$$
Can't believe I'm going to ask this but Please elaborate... Which players are selfish at North and how? This should be good...

Definitely not as rubbish as a few posts on here have intimated. Mediocre more like it. Can kick and mark and would be best 22 for a number of teams - kicked 40 odd goals in the VFL.

He'll be at the Tiges next year (on a smaller contract) and he'll be on the fringe of selection again I'd say.

He's not rubbish, but he doesn't really have a spot at AFL level.

Not big enough to be a true KPF, not mobile enough to be '3rd forward', not defensively minded or selfless enough to take a 'team role' (the sort of job Townsend did), and hasn't really shown much away from the fwd line.

He's a very good player at 2nd tier level where such deficiencies don't matter so much, but its hard to find a spot a 'short' KPF who for the most part only goes one way at AFL level.

For me he looks too big these days, looks one paced and appears to have low mobility.

I remember leading into the finals at the end of his second year Lennon was looking the GOODs he got dropped for the final (didn't deserve to be) anyway he played far more up the ground and looked extremely agile. Early that year he also played almost purely as a mid in the twos and quite often got 30ps.

Anyway moral of my story, he should drop 5kgs and quit trying to be a KPP.

For what it's worth I'd loved to see Clarko gets his hands on him for 1 year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me he looks too big these days, looks one paced and appears to have low mobility.

I remember leading into the finals at the end of his second year Lennon was looking the GOODs he got dropped for the final (didn't deserve to be) anyway he played far more up the ground and looked extremely agile. Early that year he also played almost purely as a mid in the twos and quite often got 30ps.

Anyway moral of my story, he should drop 5kgs and quit trying to be a KPP.

For what it's worth I'd loved to see Clarko gets his hands on him for 1 year.

Nah mate would make no difference, Doesnt have the work ethic or defensive work rate as well as limited pace and agility - VFL player (good one but not AFL in 2018).

Clarko got his hands on tyrone and couldnt do anything , Tyrone is a few cogs better than Lennon
Massive stuff up by Francis Jackson this pic - So many gun players went after him its not funny

Half your AFL team wouldnt get a game in a lot of teams 22....so Ben Lennon would be sitting in most team's 2nds.

Would be a perfect fit for North Melbourne

Free to good home that doesnt mind selfish players that love to get paid big $$$
Perfect fit for staying at Tigers....a spud.

How did he get picked so high if there were so many obvious deficiencies in his game? Has his pace and agility declined, or just not improved. Or is it a case of the game just moving in another direction? I always thought Lennon had a fair amount of talent and though he hasnt lived up to that, I dont think Richmond have given him enough opportunities either.

All due respect North have embarrassed themselves on and off the field this year whereas Richmond have nailed everything. The future looks cold and dark down at Arden street
Actually North embarrassed themselves nowhere. And regardless of the fact, you would need to actually care what people thought for that to be relevant. We don't.

And boy where should I start with Carlton this year under the same light? ROFL.

Has SOS come back from Sydney yet or does he have a permanent office there?

How did he get picked so high if there were so many obvious deficiencies in his game? Has his pace and agility declined, or just not improved. Or is it a case of the game just moving in another direction? I always thought Lennon had a fair amount of talent and though he hasnt lived up to that, I dont think Richmond have given him enough opportunities either.
Some of those types just don't come on. From reports Lamb is a similar type who is also struggling. There was a huge focus for a bit on good foot skills, but players need more than just that.

Actually North embarrassed themselves nowhere. And regardless of the fact, you would need to actually care what people thought for that to be relevant. We don't.

And boy where should I start with Carlton this year under the same light? ROFL.

Has SOS come back from Sydney yet or does he have a permanent office there?
I'd take Carlton's list any day over North's. Who is your trade target? Darcy Lang? Lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back