• No, but protecting players is key

• No, totally unacceptable but that is it, move on

• No, totally unacceptable and needs a sanction

• I barrack for another club and just want to see the results

• I am in the media and need my next news story

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

This.

Bevo made specific reference to players mental health, and Morris continually breaking protocol on stories.

Clearly straw that broke the camels back, especially after Bailey Smith.
AFL journos are now balls deep in the murky waters of political type journalism.

They create a narrative around something that gets clicks and also gets reactions from coaches and players.

Rinse and repeat and here we are. But this time, Bevos gonna call these lowy *in grubs out.

I hope the calling out continues.

Worst case scenario - suspension for Bevo. Who coaches next week?

Also a bad scenario - the leaker is outed by media, and reports of internal divisions snowball. Let's hope we don't have Bevo suspended, and assistant named as temporary coach then named as leaker!
Worst case scenario- he might cop a fine

Have you watched the whole 6 minutes? Taking out the personal attacks and 'you're a Melbourne supporter', the rest is pretty valid. Unfortunately the valid criticism of Morris will be drowned out by a rabid media pack focussing on the personal attack - which is partly fair game as well, as Bevo has left himself wide open by adding some poorly chosen words as a preamble, and probably his parting shot as he exited the presser.
Yes and the fact that you have to "take something out" makes it pretty indefensible

didn’t know Brissy fans were so passionate about AFL journalists! Good to know.

Unrelated but man that Taylor Duryea fella is pretty swell.

I might be in the minority here but I think Bevo was out of line and chose the wrong issue to lose his sh*t over. It was team selection news and any journo who got it would have run with it. Whether Morris has done some other things then go after him over that, but to tell an AFL journalist that he shouldn’t be in a post match press conference was embarrassing.

Bevo needs to focus more on who is leaking the information from the club rather than the journalist who runs with the story when it’s true.

I think he was out of line and will probably get some sort of sanction.

EAD Tom Morris you ******* grubby journalist fu**.

I hope this snowballs in to the rest of the coaching fraternity holding the AFL media to account.

Bunch of of snaky ******* rats!!

PS... Anyone that defends the media on these kind of matters should hand their membership back.

'These kinds of matters'...like what, receiving info from a Bulldogs official about a player being dropped and reporting it? How is that a big deal?

It's essentially the same as them reporting that an injured player is back, or a debutant will play. It's not his fault or problem that the Dogs have a leak...I mean, his info was accurate. It's not like he's making up s**t.

I might be in the minority here but I think Bevo was out of line and chose the wrong issue to lose his sh*t over. It was team selection news and any journo who got it would have run with it. Whether Morris has done some other things then go after him over that, but to tell an AFL journalist that he shouldn’t be in a post match press conference was embarrassing.

Bevo needs to focus more on who is leaking the information from the club rather than the journalist who runs with the story when it’s true.

I think he was out of line and will probably get some sort of sanction.

You’re missing the main point Royboy. Decent journos follow up the lead and and notify the clubs of the press release. This is how journos get access to clubs.

Multiple times Morris has shat all over this protocol and gone dry with his exclusive.
It’s a massive no no in club land and deserves the fury it copped.

We should be cheering on this kind of calling out rather than scorning it.

'These kinds of matters'...like what, receiving info from a Bulldogs official about a player being dropped and reporting it? How is that a big deal?

It's essentially the same as them reporting that an injured player is back, or a debutant will play. It's not his fault or problem that the Dogs have a leak.

A Carlton fan that doesn’t have any idea how the AFL system works.

“Hello, McFly?!?!”

It's well known that football journalists are happy to break the law, lie etc. to get a story - you only need to look at the Adelaide training camp where they had to pay a settlement to the company that ran the camp. The fact is they need to be called out more often.

Bevo took it too far on this occasion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The media are accountable to no one. **** em.

Hold the line.

This!!

Name another professional sports league in the world tat allows the journalists to create their own news and be unaccountable when it creates waves.

It doesn’t happen anywhere else. EPL, NFL, NBA. If you try this s**t in these comps, you get made to look like a ******* and your colleagues call it out.

Not in our league. The journos are almost Teflon and get to report what they want and go full Trump style when they get blow back reporting what suits the narrative.

*in shambles.

You’re missing the main point Royboy. Decent journos follow up the lead and and notify the clubs of the press release. This is how journos get access to clubs.

Multiple times Morris has shat all over this protocol and gone dry with his exclusive.
It’s a massive no no in club land and deserves the fury it copped.

We should be cheering on this kind of calling out rather than scorning it.
Understand your view but I think Bevo went over the top and chose the wrong issue to take his stand over. It was team selection news. It was definitely newsworthy and any journo would run with it, whether they contacted the club or not to me doesn’t matter when it’s team selection. If it’s mental health or something non football related then I agree. But I think Bevo went over the top.

Anyway, as I said, I know I’m probably in the minority of Dogs members and supporters, but I thought he should worry about the leak inside the club, not the journo. And even more worry about the constant turnovers and basic skill errors that were the reason we lost the game than what an AFL journo, who was just doing his job, published.

It's well known that football journalists are happy to break the law, lie etc. to get a story - you only need to look at the Adelaide training camp where they had to pay a settlement to the company that ran the camp. The fact is they need to be called out more often.

Bevo took it too far on this occasion.
How was it too far?

How was it too far?
It's pretty hypocritical to talk about protecting the mental health of the players while launching into a public critical attack that would be enough to push some people into a mental breakdown.

It's pretty hypocritical to talk about protecting the mental health of the players while lauching into a public critical attack that would be enough to push some people into a mental breakdown.
Spell!!

AFL journos are in the business of creating mentally challenging issues amongst clubs and players.

It’s warranted to be called out on it.

You’re claiming that someone called out for bullying shouldn’t be because it may cause similar concern as it does for their victims.

If you’re a c**t, you should be called out accordingly. End of!!

Spell!!

AFL journos are in the business of creating mentally challenging issues amongst clubs and players.

It’s warranted to be called out on it.

You’re claiming that someone called out for bullying shouldn’t be because it may cause similar concern as it does for their victims.

If you’re a campaigner, you should be called out accordingly. End of!!

Called out? For what, getting a story correct???

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Understand your view but I think Bevo went over the top and chose the wrong issue to take his stand over. It was team selection news. It was definitely newsworthy and any journo would run with it, whether they contacted the club or not to me doesn’t matter when it’s team selection. If it’s mental health or something non football related then I agree. But I think Bevo went over the top.

Anyway, as I said, I know I’m probably in the minority of Dogs members and supporters, but I thought he should worry about the leak inside the club, not the journo. And even more worry about the constant turnovers and basic skill errors that were the reason we lost the game than what an AFL journo, who was just doing his job, published.
Clearly emotions got the better of Bevo...deep down his issue clearly is with the leaker.

His outburst at Morris was about how his public airing of things like leaked team selection was obviously highlighting to him they have a leaker and a problem...he then describes this as causing 'turmoil' and 'killing us', because he and the club hierarchy then have to investigate internally, leading to uncomfortable discussions trying to out the leak and this causes distrust.

He said something about names being mentioned, indicating people have been accused of being the leaker, probably incorrectly, and I can see how that would lead to high emotions and some very upset staff - Bevo again mentioned people's livelihoods and mental health.

In the end, all these issues are due to the Bulldogs staffer leaking the info, so it's really poor form from them. I wonder why they are doing this to the club they work at...

If anyone sees/follows my posts on here - I am a big media hater. Can’t stand journalists and their click bait/BS articles. But I’m sorry, tonight Luke overstepped.

That’s not suggesting Morris is in the complete clear, but Luke should have gone about it differently, in a way that doesn’t negatively impact the football club after a loss. I’d rather him have ripped shreds off him out the back or in the car park. Not on live TV.

Back