Best Lists That Never Won A Premiership?

Remove this Banner Ad

If your talking about with Freo then I agree, or else maybe you aren't old enough to remember him kicking 75 for Melbourne in 00 including 9 in a half against Collingwood and 6 in a prelim
I am born in 1987. Yes I do remember Jeff Farmers best years at the demons was in that 1998-2000 period. Saying that.... that 34 goals in that 9 game winning streak in 2006 was easily his best form he had at freo.

I am born in 1987. Yes I do remember Jeff Farmers best years at the demons was in that 1998-2000 period. Saying that.... that 34 goals in that 9 game winning streak in 2006 was easily his best form he had at freo.
He was electric, I was shattered when he went to Perth and then despondent when he kicked one after the siren against us

04/05 saints for me. They were much stronger then dogs 09

That was an epic prelim v Port
Spot on. I think most Saints supporters agree the talent in the 04/05 team was actually much deeper and better than the 09/10 version.

If we could have ever got the best 04/05 team on the park at the same time, it would have looked something like:

S.Fisher - M.Hudghton - S.Baker
A.Jones – M.Maguire - B.Voss
H.Black – L.Ball – N.Dal Santo
X.Clarke – N.Riewoldt - B.Goddard
S.Milne – F.Gherig - A.Hamill
J.Koschitzke - L.Hayes – R.Harvey
A.Thompson - J.Peckett – S.Powell – J.Blake

Emergencies: B.Guerra, L.Penny & L.Montagna

I reckon that goes close to winning the OP. What could have been if we actually had a competent medical department ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think in 94 and 95 they came up against sides that were pretty impressive. I tend to think the lost opportunities were 89 and 92. A slow start in 89 and a fade out in 92.

Yeah, Carlton were pretty dominant in 1995. Rumour was that there was a heated argument in the Cats change rooms before the Grand Final too, and that probably reduced our chances to near zero.

I think in 94 and 95 they came up against sides that were pretty impressive. I tend to think the lost opportunities were 89 and 92. A slow start in 89 and a fade out in 92.

1992 Cats probably should have grabbed their chance.
They were at their peak with their Blight style around then.
Not enough defence in the end was what caught up with them.

I'm probably getting old but wasn't your side that won in 84 more or less the same as 83?

Sort of , your namesake did a lot to turn the 84 g.f around.

Yep I remember well. I am old!
That name is forbidden in my house.
Think the sublime Leon Baker was important addition along with a young Mark Harvey and Mark Thompson.
Also for some reason Van der haaar and Duckworth were missing for 83 grand final.

Quite a bit different when look at it in detail.
Guys like Copping and Clayton probably played in 83 and were not quite up to it.

Spot on. I think most Saints supporters agree the talent in the 04/05 team was actually much deeper and better than the 09/10 version.

If we could have ever got the best 04/05 team on the park at the same time, it would have looked something like:

S.Fisher - M.Hudghton - S.Baker
A.Jones – M.Maguire - B.Voss
H.Black – L.Ball – N.Dal Santo
X.Clarke – N.Riewoldt - B.Goddard
S.Milne – F.Gherig - A.Hamill
J.Koschitzke - L.Hayes – R.Harvey
A.Thompson - J.Peckett – S.Powell – J.Blake

Emergencies: B.Guerra, L.Penny & L.Montagna

I reckon that goes close to winning the OP. What could have been if we actually had a competent medical department ...

Definitely the team / era I thought of when I saw the thread title. Remember thinking when they traded in Gehrig and Hamill, added Riewoldt and Kozi, all with a midfield of Harvey, Hayes, Ball and Dal Santo and the likes of Goddard etc that they could be scary good. Maguire looked a KPD star in the making until his injuries. If we're talking teams to not have even one flag to show for a period of strength as opposed to single years, St Kilda do it for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back