Best Premiership Side 2000-2007

Remove this Banner Ad

SWANS HAVE GOT TO BE!!!!:D:D

nah, brisbane by a country mile, 3 consecutive flags, that says it all. geelong look like getting five on the trot the way they're going but it hasnt happened yet.

essendon, didn't look like losing ever, and brisbane never finished top.

Sorry, I thought it was a premiership thread? :p

In your appraisal then the Power of 02-05 would've got the vote! ;)

For any one year, the strongest premiership side would have to be last year's cats. I don't think our lions would've matched them out of any of our premiership sides.

Brisbane for mine. For the Lions to win 3 flags in a row in the modern era (ie national drafts, salary caps etc) is a excellent achievement and one I don't think think we'll see again.

Brisbane for mine. For the Lions to win 3 flags in a row in the modern era (ie national drafts, salary caps etc) is a excellent achievement and one I don't think think we'll see again.

Probably because nobody will ever get to play such ordinary sides as the ones fielded by Collingwood in '02 & '03 in two consecutive grand finals again. They were brilliant no doubt but the opposition has to be questioned.

As for the poll, Essendon for mine.

Probably because nobody will ever get to play such ordinary sides as the ones fielded by Collingwood in '02 & '03 in two consecutive grand finals again. They were brilliant no doubt but the opposition has to be questioned.

Same can be said of Geelong, who smashed a side (Port Adelaide )that had a good year but either side of that good year have missed the finals.

Also some of the sides that finished in the finals last year weren't all that good, eg Kangaroos, Hawthorn, Adelaide etc

If only West Coast had the forward line of one of the other sides to have won this decade..... but thats not answering the question is it.

Essendon on their day for me (god i hated them for it)

Brisbane by a mile then id say essendon then geelong,
i rekon wce were better then syndey and Port though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong.

Port Adelaide are the worst of that lot.

And yet we were able to beat the best side ever in a Grand Final after dominating the competition for 3 years.

Ranking them.

Brisbane
Geelong
Essendon
Port
West Coast
Sydney

That said, all of them were very, very good.

Interesting that Port are the only side to have won a flag this century who are not the biggest side supporter base wise in the city that they are based in (Essendon > Collingwood at the time of lifting the cup in 2000).

Port Adelaide - The People's Premiers :thumbsu:

Yet we still beat you in the finals in 2002 and 2003.

*Yawn*

It's not like we haven't seen this crap before. Brisbane being overrated in a singular sense by virtue of their sustained success.

Even the poll options are off the mark, in that they bundle Brisbane together into '01-'03.

It should read each of those years as a seperate option. That way, people would be within their rights to argue Brisbane of '01, because they knocked off Essendon, and had a fantastic year to go with it. '02 was a narrow victory over collingwood, and '03 they lost a final.

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people around here just don't consider the question.

It has to be either Essendon '00, Geelong '07, or Brisbane '01. In terms of dominance in that year, in the finals, and so on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back