(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Colorado

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The Baggy Green, Storm, Celtic F.C.
Operation - Mindcrime should be taught in schools. One of the greatest albums ever made, maybe the greatest concept album, at least IMO.

Was thinking of Cradle of Filth tonight, but seeing two vastly superior bands in Dark Funeral and Immolation tomorrow, so going to Collingwood-Geelong instead.

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As we all are. However, to throw them in with the hair metal bunch would be your first mistake. Nowhere near it.
I wasn't calling them glam metal, I just mean anything with big hair which for me covers heavy metal, hair metal and power metal. Everything 80s that isn't thrash, basically.

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Everything was ‘big hair’ back then.
Like I said, I'm picky.

To me, Morbid Tales - To Mega Therion is gold. Pandemonium was the beginning of the end.

Likewise a band like Priest - the 70s was amazing but you can throw Turbo in the bin. Even Defenders of the Faith was pushing it.

If it has spandex, teased hair and operatic vocals then there's a strong chance I don't love it. I prefer the ethos of the bay area bands at the time which took a more street approach - basically what you were off stage if what you wear on it and the music is a reflection of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
No Solace usually send confirmation when stuff has been sent. Looks like I'll be just twiddling my thumbs for a few weeks hoping it all shows up.

Top Bottom