Biggest Myth OAT

Remove this Banner Ad

Ginnieboy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
Now I love Peter Daicos, childhood hero etc, but he did not invent the reverse dribble, I have watched every goal he kicked, not once did I see a deliberate reverse dribble, case in point his goal of the century against WC, he didn’t need to kick like he did, multiple players today could’ve rolled that through, can anyone pinpoint a goal where he used the reverse dribble? I’ve looked and cannot find one, I’m not talking about goals where he was under pressure and threw it on the boot, I’m talking about deliberate dribblers.

First Quarter Arden Street 1982.It was Round 5 on the 24th April. Wind was blowing at 10 knots and my Pie was cold. It was 19 mins and 32 seconds into the quarter and low and behold there was a reverse dribble kick. Seriously, just enjoy the genius for who he was and for the genetic masterpiece he has become.

Now I love Peter Daicos, childhood hero etc, but he did not invent the reverse dribble, I have watched every goal he kicked, not once did I see a deliberate reverse dribble, case in point his goal of the century against WC, he didn’t need to kick like he did, multiple players today could’ve rolled that through, can anyone pinpoint a goal where he used the reverse dribble? I’ve looked and cannot find one, I’m not talking about goals where he was under pressure and threw it on the boot, I’m talking about deliberate dribblers.

Multiple players could not roll that through under the Immense pressure of finals and a tough rugged defence bearing down on him

No doubt amazing for its time, but you see a goal like that most weeks these days, looks a shallow pocket as well.

Most weeks don’t have 4 mins left in a final with one of the toughest defences in history bearing down on you. Very very different proposition to kicking a home and away goal from the boundary standing 10 metres on your own

Multiple players could not roll that through under the Immense pressure of finals and a tough rugged defence bearing down on him

These days players are way better from the pockets than dead in front, because its all they seem to practice.

Its refreshing to see a drop punt performed correctly.

For his time he was brilliant, but those sorts of goals are routine these days.

Biggest myth is that Sheedy alone came up with Dreamtime and ANZAC Day themed match . Simon Matthew’s and Tony Greenberg actually led the charge . and Eddie McGuire I’d suggest did more with RSL than Sheedy .

but unlike Sheedy to hog the limelight …

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back