Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

:( BOO!!!!!

https://www.verywellhealth.com/treatment-of-a-patellar-tendon-tear-2549591

"Recovering from a torn patellar tendon is difficult and takes time. One of the most important prognostic factors for recovery is the time to surgery, and surgery delayed beyond a few weeks can limit recovery ability. It is known that early mobility after surgery, protected strengthening, and preventing excessive stress on the repair will speed overall recovery. Even with these steps, there is a minimum of 3 months until the return of normal daily activities, and 4-6 months until sports should be resumed."

Bloody hell

God damn, do we still have a curse in effect?

Someone with a voodoo doll with a mini Carlton jumper is continually pricking us day after day, month after month, year after year.

Lift this curse!! We are sorry, please remove the curse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:( BOO!!!!!

https://www.verywellhealth.com/treatment-of-a-patellar-tendon-tear-2549591

"Recovering from a torn patellar tendon is difficult and takes time. One of the most important prognostic factors for recovery is the time to surgery, and surgery delayed beyond a few weeks can limit recovery ability. It is known that early mobility after surgery, protected strengthening, and preventing excessive stress on the repair will speed overall recovery. Even with these steps, there is a minimum of 3 months until the return of normal daily activities, and 4-6 months until sports should be resumed."

I work with a guy in his 40's who did the same injury - very painful and said optimistic to be back in 6 months.

Yep, nasty if there is cartilage damage. Omeara had patella tracking issues afterwards, for which Russell was critical in getting him right again.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-05/omeara-knee-fears

Terrible news, a serious injury, O'Meara still suffering. Disclocations seem bad enough eg Laidler, Creswell etc its going to be a long way back for him. Season over I'm guessing? He'll need to show total dedication to get another contract.

I twisted my knee and ended up with a partial tear of my patella tendon last year, it still hurts and I'm as far from an elite athlete as you can imagine. Surgeon thought it strange it wasn't due to a contact injury. Also found I had mal-tracking cartilage issue, meniscal cyst and tear. Surgeon told me I could have cell replacement therapy or only to swim or ride in future and comeback if my knee started to lock up.

Goodluck and speedy recovery Jarrod.

Terrible news, a serious injury, O'Meara still suffering. Disclocations seem bad enough eg Laidler, Creswell etc its going to be a long way back for him. Season over I'm guessing? He'll need to show total dedication to get another contract.

I twisted my knee and ended up with a partial tear of my patella tendon last year, it still hurts and I'm as far from an elite athlete as you can imagine. Surgeon thought it strange it wasn't due to a contact injury. Also found I had mal-tracking cartilage issue, meniscal cyst and tear. Surgeon told me I could have cell replacement therapy or only to swim or ride in future and comeback if my knee started to lock up.

Goodluck and speedy recovery Jarrod.

Pickett is in the right hands, no idea of severity, his injury pattern seems like he isn't going to get a crack at it though. Surgeons are only one part of the healing process mate, shop around to find the right help.

All clubs have injuries.
Let's hope there are no more for us.
Two main guys is more than our fair share.

Luckily we have a lot of talented young players so they will get game time now.
It is up to them if they want to grasp their opportunity.
Pickett continued to come to work in a poor state and is now injured again. Good luck to him but I don't feel his future looks terribly bright.
And Doc seems to have a serial ACL issue. Good luck to him also but he will be 28 earliest when he plays his best footy again.

It is time for us to move on and focus on the players we have available.
Garlett you need to step up as a small forward.
And similarly Willo and Newman need to step us as HBFs.

Again, all teams have injuries.
Move on.
Go Blues.

Not a great morning down at training. Although the boys trained well, the session was soured by the injury to Jarrod Pickett. There was definitely a lull over the place after he went down.

I captured footage of the incident in the latest installment of My Blue Heaven.

Have peek if you are brave.

This bloke can't take a trick.

Not a great morning down at training. Although the boys trained well, the session was soured by the injury to Jarrod Pickett. There was definitely a lull over the place after he went down.

I captured footage of the incident in the latest installment of My Blue Heaven.

Have peek if you are brave.

This bloke can't take a trick.

:'(:'(:'(

Said earlier that Pickett getting injured would be very likely due to turning up out of shape and having to catch up and it happened. It's a nuisance but injuries are a part of footy. Let's hope that recruiting a whole heap of players because they were cheap because they were injury prone doesn't come back to bite us.

God damn, do we still have a curse in effect?

Someone with a voodoo doll with a mini Carlton jumper is continually pricking us day after day, month after month, year after year.

Lift this curse!! We are sorry, please remove the curse.
Yes the dreaded curse ! What do we do dlb?

I’m not religious but how about we pray ? :praying:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back