Remove this Banner Ad

PlayerInjuryUpdate
Patrick CrippsQuad"Strong chance" to return this week. Update: 17 August
David CuninghamKneeReturning to running this week. Update: 17 August
Sam DochertyAnkle
Michael GibbonsHamstring
Liam JonesKneeEyeing a return to full training in December. Update: 17 August
Caleb MarchbankKneeReturned to running in the last fortnight. Update: 17 August
Jack MartinHamstringLow-grade hamstring, will miss this weekend. Update: 17 August
Oscar McDonaldBack
Harry McKayShoulderIn line for a full pre-season. Update: 17 August
Alex MirkovKnee
Sam PhilpGroin
Marc PittonetAnkle
Will SetterfieldGroin
Jack SilvagniHipUnderwent surgery, will undergo shoulder procedure. Eyeing return to full training in January. Update: 17 August
Zac WilliamsHamstringSustained low-level irritation to hamstring, unavailable this weekend. Update: 17 August

I had no idea the Liam Jones injury was that severe. What a run we have had

So we end the year with the longest injury list in the AFL.

It’s been a debacle from the beginning of the year.

Not helped by the weekly Thursday surprise.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

So Jack Silvagni misses two months of preseason? Bugger

The club wont let members know the real truth. The ole 1-2 weeks just rolls off the tongue each week.
Who knew JSOS was going to have hip surgery and wont be up an about to January?
My guess is the shoulder surgery is what will be the real delay. Returning on January would put him in line for the recovery timeline of a shoulder reco

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am under the firm belief that Harry, Charlie, Gov and JSOS have never been all fit simultaneously. Can someone confirm?
Best bet is to go check out the teams from the following games in 2019. These are the only full games that Harry, Charlie and Gov played together., so if Jack played in any of those, that's your answer.
Round 1
Round 4
Round 8
Round 9
Round 10
Round 12
Round 13

Best bet is to go check out the teams from the following games in 2019. These are the only full games that Harry, Charlie and Gov played together., so if Jack played in any of those, that's your answer.
Round 1
Round 4
Round 8
Round 9
Round 10
Round 12
Round 13

I'm pretty sure all 4 were there when we lost to Collingwood in round 8 2019. I can remember seeing them out there.

Cripps is not a leader because he tried to play ( when we were completely undermanned) with an injury?

Was close to our best when he had to go off.

This place.

It’s admirable that he wants to play but I get the feeling Cripps feels like he has to be out on the pitch regardless of his fitness and the coaches too often allow it as they too are desperate to have him out there to get a positive result.

I’m not going to be surprised if the one of the review findings comes back saying coaches and players overruling fitness staff and playing players against the wishes of the fitness staff.

Last edited:
All possessions handballs no kicks.
Nothing on the line last night and there was no need to risk Cripps.

Not to disagree with your point; completely seaprately I think this is how Cripps should play. He is not a good kick. he gets the ball better than anyone but needs to take first option and look for others.

If only we get could get Marchy back to being the gun he looked like before the first of his many injuries, i.e. his shoulder. Plow would quickly become depth

I agree with you we need an alternative to Plowman but Plowman (lockdown defender) and Marchbank (intercept defender) play different roles and in any event I think there is more chance that we never see Marchbank play AFL again than there is of him coming back to his best. I hope I’m wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back