Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

All possessions handballs no kicks.
Nothing on the line last night and there was no need to risk Cripps.
Would much prefer him handballing to a teammate in a better position rather than this superman crap he's been running with the past two seasons.

It's actually what he built an incredibly strong game around in his first five or six seasons.

All possessions handballs no kicks.
Nothing on the line last night and there was no need to risk Cripps.
I think he’s better when the majority of his first use is by hand.

2021 kick:handball ratio was 0.54
2019 kick:handball ratio was 0.61

It’s not drastically different from a couple of years ago. Also had the game this year where he kicked that guys shin then pretty much only handballed for the rest of the game.

Attachments

• 0BE7F13B-5A11-4BA8-8A08-7C1A2F8AFFD0.jpeg
    0BE7F13B-5A11-4BA8-8A08-7C1A2F8AFFD0.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 93

It’s admirable that he wants to play but I get the feeling Cripps feels like he has to be out on the pitch regardless of his fitness and the coaches too often allow it as they too are desperate to have him out there to get a positive result.

I’m not going to be surprised if the one of the review findings comes back saying coaches and players overruling fitness staff and playing players against the wishes of the fitness staff.
I don't disagree. My response was in regards to his playing showing that he wasn't a leader type.

It’s not drastically different from a couple of years ago. Also had the game this year where he kicked that guys shin then pretty much only handballed for the rest of the game.

Clearly hampered by some injury.
Again why risk him?

I do believe it’s worth discussing what occurred with TDK last night.

It was distressing to watch and I feel awful for his family

He flew for a mark & hit his head on an awkward fall. Great mark.

KO from the ground & out on his back but the player was coming good, obviously not as unshaken from the fall as he’d stated & was then stretchered off. No harm done & not an uncommon feeling. More concerned on the neck, distressed there but not the giraffe run.

Not to disagree with your point; completely seaprately I think this is how Cripps should play. He is not a good kick. he gets the ball better than anyone but needs to take first option and look for others.
He just isn’t the same player that made him great. I don’t know stats
But it’s like he stopped doing the 1 percenters and tried to be Goliath more often than not instead of doing teams things. Happy to be wrong.

He flew for a mark & hit his head on an awkward fall. Great mark.

KO from the ground & out on his back but the player was coming good, obviously not as unshaken from the fall as he’d stated & was then stretchered off. No harm done & not an uncommon feeling. More concerned on the neck, distressed there but not the giraffe run.

Our duty of care was poor.

Our duty of care was poor.
Absolutely shocking look for our medical department. It was obvious that Tom had lost consciousness when he hit the ground, any player in that situation should have no option but to leave the ground on a stretcher. This should be a non-negotiable by the club. I would be questioning whether the doctors involved should be employed by club in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just isn’t the same player that made him great. I don’t know stats
But it’s like he stopped doing the 1 percenters and tried to be Goliath more often than not instead of doing teams things. Happy to be wrong.

Worst thing to happen was the brissy game where he kicked 5. Now he tries to do that every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely shocking look for our medical department. It was obvious that Tom had lost consciousness when he hit the ground, any player in that situation should have no option but to leave the ground on a stretcher. This should be a non-negotiable by the club. I would be questioning whether the doctors involved should be employed by club in the future.

I posted elsewhere that it’s probably no coincidence we’ve been cursed by injuries and poor rehabilitation outcomes since we moved on from Dr Perlstein and the Mid-Town Medical group.

Clearly hampered by some injury.
Again why risk him?

Useless stat for an inside mid if they're playing purely inside.

Also interested to know how a stress fracture in the back relates to quad tightness, and how those in turn relate to a foot injury on the opposite leg? There's a thin line to draw there, but you're looking for something to justify your agenda, which has been kinda awful for a while.

I do believe it’s worth discussing what occurred with TDK last night.

It was distressing to watch and I feel awful for his family
You try grabbing a 100kg bloke when you're worried about neck damage and then he decides to run off. Not easy.

Did you want them to fire a tranq gun at him?

EDIT: cleaned up grammar

Last edited:

Just getting so much less ball -- I think it due to ruck and game style ..

Useless stat for an inside mid if they're playing purely inside.

Also interested to know how a stress fracture in the back relates to quad tightness, and how those in turn relate to a foot injury on the opposite leg? There's a thin line to draw there, but you're looking for something to justify your agenda, which has been kinda awful for a while.

You try grabbing a 100kg bloke when you're worried about neck damage and then he decides to run off. Not easy.

Did you want them to fire a tranq gun at him?

EDIT: cleaned up grammar

Seems like there’s a few others that share my sentiment. I’m sure the AFL loved seeing that footage after a year of wanting to protect players from concussion. We needed to be better.

I don’t have any agenda.

I made a post about this graphical last night which I think has been deleted and rightly so. It wasn't my finest work and I sincerely apologise. Whilst trying to make a point, the wording was inappropriate and crass.

Very mature admission, Goin...

If I apologised for all my inappropriate comments, Chief would need a bigger server...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back