Bogan Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Every club is represented in this off-season boredom exercise. The captain probably picks itself but any VC suggestions are welcome.

B: James Sicily (Haw) Scott Thompson (NM) Jeremy McGovern (WCE)

HB: Rory Atkins (Ade) Jake Carlisle (St.K) Billie Smedts (Carl)

C: Gary Rohan (Syd) Dustin Martin (Rich) Sam Powell-Pepper (PA)

HF: Rhys Mathieson (BL) Taylor Walker (Ade) Toby Greene (GWS)

F: Clay Smith (WB) Jesse Hogan (Mel) Jake Stringer (Ess)

FOLL: Jarrod Witts (GCS) Jordan De Goey (Coll) Clayton Oliver (Mel)

INT: Wylie Buzza (Geel) Aaron Mullett (DFA) Levi Greenwood (Coll) Michael Johnson (Fre)

Does Walker still qualify sans mullett?

I think not. Bogan traitor. :p

Also there's lots of bogans now. You're classic pot smoking, double plugger, flannelly wearing sort who spends his week doing cashies if he can be bothered but mostly looking forward to a Papa Guiseppe's and six pack on a Friday night. Fat, harmless.

There's your modern bogan: huge TV, kids have a brand new Toyota for their first car, jet-skis, those stand-up paddle boards, tit jobs for her and a FIFO job for him. Loves a house in the expanded suburbs but generally has a 'takeaway night' once in a while. In debt up to their ****in' eyeballs. I would imagine a lot of kids to fall into this.

I know nothing about him but Jaeger O'Meara seems a bogan. That name is so bad.

Name is bad, but doesn't strike as bogan. Definitely a country boy though

Nah Chris Masten, despite being a Victorian, is another one in the long line (lol) of Eagles bogans. And the Eagles player of any era usually indicates the worst trends of that era, ie:
22b8bd17136aad87eb7018928f81e74d

I think you'll find a significant number of footballers fall into the category of bogans. Your James Hird's and Chris Langford's are few and far between. I often feel an unsettling dissonance when I listen to my favourite players speak and try to square my respect for their footballing abilities with my squeamishness towards them as actual human beings. I first noticed it with Dermott Brereton who I absolutely idolised as a kid and gradually had to reconcile that my hero was a bit of a moron (ok fine, a massive moron).

As much as I hate to say this, he's not dumb. But he's tough, smart and a complete showoff. So he's bogan in the way that Bon Scott was a bogan.

Gnnnnrrr ... can't believe I praised Brereton.

Sicily isn't a bogan lol, but TBH i'm not sure what he is, what ever it is he tries hard but fails.
He is literally an figuratively a red headed step child.

Anyway, how is McGovern a bogan? He’s got to be one of the most level headed and down to earth players going around.

Also there's lots of bogans now. You're classic pot smoking, double plugger, flannelly wearing sort who spends his week doing cashies if he can be bothered but mostly looking forward to a Papa Guiseppe's and six pack on a Friday night. Fat, harmless.

There's your modern bogan: huge TV, kids have a brand new Toyota for their first car, jet-skis, those stand-up paddle boards, tit jobs for her and a FIFO job for him. Loves a house in the expanded suburbs but generally has a 'takeaway night' once in a while. In debt up to their ****in' eyeballs. I would imagine a lot of kids to fall into this.

I know nothing about him but Jaeger O'Meara seems a bogan. That name is so bad.
:drunk: Wtf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is literally an figuratively a red headed step child.

Anyway, how is McGovern a bogan? He’s got to be one of the most level headed and down to earth players going around.

I dunno, bogan isn't necessarily an insult or saying someone is a prick. McGovern comes across as a knockabout country bloke to me and that can be enough to be considered bogan.

It’s funny, a country lad is pretty much the perfect example of a bogan by my interpretation.

And Dustin Martin is nowhere near bogan in my book. Doesn’t talk like one or look like one (more rockstar in looks).

Just goes to show there’s no real shared meaning.

Dustin Martin; from a regional town, dropped out of school at 15, dads a bikie, affraid to speak to the media, has disposable income he spends on terrible tattoos and spends his free time drinking and doing drugs. That’s as Bogan as it comes.

I love how, in true BigFooty fashion, posters are arguing that their team's players should be IN the bogan team of the year.
This board takes club bias to a whole new level.
By the way, I am totally outraged that Kamdyn McIntosh is not in the OP's team. It's a disgrace.

Haha Christ. If it didn’t matter you wouldn’t jump up and down whenever someone says something you don’t like about your poor defenceless gws players.

Greene is a huge bogan. From the way he talks to his uncouth nature and propensity for stupid aggression on and off the field. Wonder how off his head he was to kick a wall and break his toe

Looks like you're always dribbling = bogan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back