Booing one of our Own : Shameful !

Remove this Banner Ad

Inexcusable behaviour if true. I am guilty of being highly critical of players on forums such as this however I would never vocally boo or jeer a player while they were playing.

What else gets me is why Plowman? He's not the best player but look at some of the spuds who have been in this team for the past decade and this never happened to them.

I was sitting in the MCC reserved area on Sunday (humble brag) and there was an old guy behind me telling everyone around him that Plowman was a dirty player but I didn't hear anyone booing him.
did you boo the old guy? old guy's often require booing.....

I remember booing Brent Stanton at a Blues v Bummers match a few years ago now (obviously)
At some stage maybe 2nd qtr a Bummer fan turned and asked why I was booing him to which I replied something like that is what he is used to hearing at your home games.
The guy laughed agreed and just said fair enough.

My friends and I also made comment on what we thought were boos for Plowman Sunday and agreed that if you are one of those people don't come next week or ever again for that matter.

I can kind of understand booing the team off when they were getting flogged by 100 plus points in the dark days of Pagan and Malthouse, but any individual booing or abuse of a single player or players is pathetic and beyond the pale

I can't understand it at all, it's a disgrace

I can't understand it at all, it's a disgrace

At least we don't spit on our players at least.

Unfortunately it's human nature, you see this type of behaviour all around the world (and often far worse), when teams lose, especially in Association Football.

Whats worse now is players and their partners/families now being constantly abused and degraded/threatened on social media.

Those type of losers who engage in that type of behaviour need to get some real perspective and healthier balance in their life, and not try live their life vicariously through the success (or failure) of their teams and players..

Plowman is 100% my whipping boy and I think a marker for our team's improvement will be when he no longer gets a game. But I don't boo him, or any of our guys. Never have, never will.

Only guys I'd boo are opposition players who did something dirty to our players (back in the old days when that happened), and even then, just for the day. Or if the other team kicks a goal from a crappy free kick.

Don't get why our supporters were booing Dusty in rd 1 either. Was it just because he's an opposition champion? Don't understand that at all, really poor form.

This happens all the time. The best opposition players particularly, those who have caused a stir off field in the past will often get booed in an attempt to throw them off their game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You sure it wasn’t Hawthorn supporters with long memories after his clash last year with Jager O’Meara.
:think:

For what it’s worth I was there on Sunday and I don’t recall hearing any booing.
Same. I was sitting in the Warnie and didn't hear any.

This happens all the time. The best opposition players particularly, those who have caused a stir off field in the past will often get booed in an attempt to throw them off their game.
Think it's more a recent phenomenon. Don't like it. And yes, our supporters aren't the only ones that do it.

Thugs. Sure. But Dusty isn't a thug, he's just a bloody good footballer.

Think it's more a recent phenomenon. Don't like it. And yes, our supporters aren't the only ones that do it.

Thugs. Sure. But Dusty isn't a thug, he's just a bloody good footballer.

Not sure... he did threaten a waitress with chopsticks didn't he? I'd say that's thug behaviour despite how long ago it was...

Anyway, no use getting upset over it, not going to change. You can thank social media for this recent phenomenon... Any bad behaviour gets blown up and plastered all over the place.

That was a disgrace...

One of the better persons to meet, so much talent, good bloke, great with kids, balanced and compassionate...
Maybe he should’ve stopped sliding knees and feet first into packs? That’s when the booing started (I’m not interested in debating where it ended up)

What are everyone's thoughts on past greats at the club like Wallsy but esp Sellers making public comments criticising our players and coaching staff (hopefully not anymore any time soon) ?
They get paid to have an opinion. I’d rather honesty than sugar coating everything

If people don’t like it, don’t watch/listen

I’ve been guilty of moaning about the quality of AFL media before, many times, I just don’t watch what annoys me anymore, simple

Maybe he should’ve stopped sliding knees and feet first into packs? That’s when the booing started (I’m not interested in debating where it ended up)

Oh come on now, i or most other decent footy fans had never found any reason to boo Goodes before that incident at the G with that Collingwood teenager.

Anyone who booed Goodes from that incident onwards was motivated by political and racist spite, and shame on any Carlton fan who booed him in those tough few years afterwards which really affected his mental and emotional health, and drove the champion away from the game, probably a year or two before he was done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back